PDA

View Full Version : A Hurricane is coming!

davblay
02-27-08, 08:42 AM
If all goes well, and I see no reason it won't, HurricaneRJ will be back from the Island this week end as a Marine! Yep old Raymon has gone into the final week now, they are calling him Marine this week. He should march aross Petross field this Friday Morning and get his final order from his SDI "Dismised". I know that his family, even his Army Twin brother, will be there to cheer him on on that wonderful day.

So here hoping that all goes/went well for you Raymon! Looking forward to hearing from you as a Marine! :marine:

Semper Fi, my newest brother,

Dave

Phantom Blooper
02-27-08, 08:56 AM
Hope that he does the final grinder march...haven't heard back from him. :evilgrin:

kelley26
02-27-08, 05:43 PM
Thats awesome! I can't wait to hear from him! seems like he only left yesterday! went by pretty freakin fast!

Marine84
02-27-08, 06:54 PM
went by pretty freakin fast!

LOL! You're in for a treat! Those are THE slowest 3 months of your LIFE until the end and then you wonder where the time went.

I can't wait for him to come home!!!!!!

SGT7477
02-27-08, 07:24 PM
Very slow,very slow,lol.

bgsuwoody
02-29-08, 09:39 AM
Yeah no **** it did seem like yesterday but this fleet time is flying and it seems like yesterday i was there

davblay
02-29-08, 12:22 PM
By now, if all went well, he is on his way back to Georgia and Home for 10 days! Maybe if he is, he will post tonight sometimes! ;)

Dave

HurricaneRJ
02-29-08, 07:44 PM
Hey Devil Dogs and Devil Pups. I'm finally home from Paradise Island. It's a great feeling to be called a Marine. I first want to say a big thanks to Dave and LCpl. 84 a.k.a Big Sis. I really appreciate the love and support, I got numerous letters from many people here, but I really didn't have the time to write letters. I was busy being on self-destruct mode and studying knowledge. I really did try writing back, but time was limited and only an hour of free time, I spent most of that getting ready for tomorrow or practicing drill. I'm sleepy now, usually it's LIGHTS LIGHTS LIGHTS right about now, but I'll definetly be up 0400 doing some PT.

"What's that Johnson?" "Ohh you don't want to scream?!"
"Good, now squat.......Get lower....lower"
I miss the island already.

Covey_Rider
02-29-08, 07:52 PM
Well....he's back haha. Get rid of the ridiculous looking poolee avatar. Congrats and can't wait to hear about it.

SlingerDun
02-29-08, 08:00 PM
I'll definetly be up 0400 doing some PTSee! you can't coach that. Congratulations Marine.

--->Dave

mike christy
02-29-08, 08:05 PM
:thumbup: CONGRATULATIONS MARINE :flag:

Marine84
02-29-08, 08:10 PM
WOOHOO! Welcome Home MARINE! You are one of US now! Congratulations Baby Brother!

yellowwing
02-29-08, 09:03 PM
Congratulations!

Semper Fi Marine :usmc:

JChebahtah
02-29-08, 09:20 PM
Damn it does seem fast when you're not there. I wish I would have written you more :-( but I appreciate your response. Congratulations and enjoy your leave MARINE! :D

KRenee87
02-29-08, 09:55 PM
Congratulations!

crazymjb
03-01-08, 12:08 AM
Congrats Marine.

Mike

Tiny90
03-01-08, 01:20 AM
Back already?

Congradulations!

what your MOS again? (just curious what you'll be doing)

HurricaneRJ
03-01-08, 01:29 AM
0300 Infantry.

Tiny90
03-01-08, 01:31 AM
0300 Infantry.

Cool! me 2, security forces. they told me 0311 with a billet MOS for SF... im not to sure how that works... but anyways...

so now for the questions:

what was your favorite part of boot? and how was the chow?

HurricaneRJ
03-01-08, 01:43 AM
My favorite part of Boot Camp would have to be Drill and Graduation.

The chow is awesome. Pretty good food, but don't worry about it, you'll be so damn hungry that you will dip bread in your chow juice (a.k.a Gatorade) and drink it........ Wait, nevermind, I was told to do that. :evilgrin:

Keep the questions coming. I can't sleep, I'm still in shock and waiting for my D.I. to make me hit the rack.

davblay
03-01-08, 01:58 AM
Well I'll be darned......while I was in the chat room with Jinelson and bulkyker, I could have been out here congratulating you! Welcome home my brother, Good to see you back on the forums!

Semper Fi, Marine (sounds good don't it?)

Dave

Tiny90
03-01-08, 02:00 AM
lol. ya ill be in and out so ill ask away.

what did you do for the first 2 weeks (i hear different things from people)

how far do they start you running?

and when do they pick guide and squad leader and how do you get theM?

HurricaneRJ
03-01-08, 02:01 AM
Sounds ****ing aweseome Dave.

A chapter just ended and now I'm begining a new one.
I'm just resting right now, dealing with pneumonia and Bronchitis for now. I have to head to the hospital tomorrow morning and re-fill my medication. I'll be on later. Mom is ordering me to the rack.

Semper Fi' Brother.

davblay
03-01-08, 02:04 AM
I hope you feel better soon and enjoy your leave.......GOD knows you have earned it!

Dave

HurricaneRJ
03-01-08, 02:04 AM
lol. ya ill be in and out so ill ask away.

what did you do for the first 2 weeks (i hear different things from people)

how far do they start you running?

and when do they pick guide and squad leader and how do you get theM?

The first two weeks is nothing but

1. Drill
2. MCMAP
3. Classes.

pretty much that summed up first phase.

As for Guide and Squad Leader it depends on your drill instructors.
Just scream loud, know what your talking about, and be prepared to get raped everyday. I was in a billet for a short period of time way early on, but my Senior pointed out to me that I can't lead recruits well, but he also said that I'm great at leading Marines. Just be prepared. Everything I read on here went right out the window when I got on those yellow footprints.

You'll understand.

Tiny90
03-01-08, 02:14 AM
We need Before and After pics! lol.

and change your title to Marine!

davblay
03-01-08, 02:18 AM
Raymon...your mom already said for you to hit the rack, NOW DO IT MARINE!

Tiny, he is very tired and sick, he needs rest....he will be back later to answer your questions, so AT EASE POOLEE!

Dave

Brandon1
03-01-08, 06:35 AM
Wow, almost missed this...Welcome home Marine! Did you have fun while you were away lol?

Marine84
03-01-08, 07:40 AM
Everything I read on here went right out the window when I got on those yellow footprints.

You'll understand.

(Evil grin) LOL! Ain't THAT the truth!

Motto Poolee
03-01-08, 07:41 AM
How much PT did you do?

HurricaneRJ
03-01-08, 08:36 AM
When I first started training, it was warm and we were wearing PT shirts and shorts. By the time II phase hit it was freezing cold and were doing mostly indoor PT (another highlight of boot camp). In III phase we didn't pt at all, are D.I.s left it up to us to PT on are free time to increase crunches and pull-ups. As for cardio, I was just volunteer for the quarterdeck, and all the screaming and pushing worked. At mid-cycle PFT I ran 23:34. On final PFT I ran a 19:35. You'll degress if you PT all day everyday like I did. But the D.I. have different things to get you stronger. Just **** up on some drill, and lets see how long your pinky can hold up a rifle. :evilgrin:

rb1651
03-01-08, 08:39 AM
Congrats and welcome to the Brotherhood!!!

Motto Poolee
03-01-08, 08:48 AM
Hmmm that PT sounds like I can do pretty well. What was your Battalion?

jinelson
03-01-08, 09:47 AM
Congratulations and welcome home Marine. Your account status will be changing to Marine today. I switched your avatar to Pvt if you are a Pfc let me know.

Semper Fi

Jim

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x157/usmc3537/1graduate.gif

SGT7477
03-01-08, 05:11 PM
The first two weeks is nothing but

1. Drill
2. MCMAP
3. Classes.

pretty much that summed up first phase.

As for Guide and Squad Leader it depends on your drill instructors.
Just scream loud, know what your talking about, and be prepared to get raped everyday. I was in a billet for a short period of time way early on, but my Senior pointed out to me that I can't lead recruits well, but he also said that I'm great at leading Marines. Just be prepared. Everything I read on here went right out the window when I got on those yellow footprints.

You'll understand.
So your saying none of the Marines here taught you a thing or two or were you too damned scared to remember?:evilgrin:

LeonardLawrence
03-03-08, 08:55 AM
:beer: WELCOME HOME MARINE!!!!!:)

davblay
03-03-08, 09:18 AM
Well Holy crap......you even made PFC? :marine: Dang it that's another cpngratulations Raymon! Ooo-Rah!

Semper Fi,

Dave

HurricaneRJ
03-03-08, 09:57 AM
Thanks Dave. Now I'm just waiting for the 15th to make it feel good.

Justin493
03-03-08, 11:43 AM
Welcome home MARINE! Glad to have you back.

RockSteady85
03-03-08, 12:10 PM
Welcome home Marine! I wish I could be on the same level with you, but I guess I was meant to test the waters and head back even more ahead than the other recruits next time around (I hope!). How does it feel? Ican not even imagine. Did you feel the same searing jealousy when you saw new Marines on base with their families to get to that same point and make it there too?

I really wish my patellar tendon tear would have cleared up. Not fun to go through (esp. this surgery LOL), but still keeps me motivated to try again, either as enlisted or officer. When are you headed to MCT/SOI? Enjoy your leave - you absolutely earned it!

CamK
03-03-08, 08:08 PM
Jesus Man, it seems like yesterday I was reading on here and on your Myspace about you leaving.

Good job earning the title, Marine!

gnarkill04
03-03-08, 08:16 PM
I think I remember being a newbie on this site while you were still a poolee! Congrats for sure, can't wait to be in your place man.