View Full Version : plt. 396 Parris Island Aug. 12, 1954

FFalotico
02-26-08, 03:13 PM
Looking for anyone that was in Parris Island in 1954
in Plt. 396.:evilgrin:
Frank Falotico

cball
02-26-08, 03:44 PM
Frank.I can't help you much,but just seeing that date makes me happy there's still some old timers still out there. I got out of bootcamp,PI-- Aug 12 1954,Platoon 258 our S DI was S/Sgt D S Giusto..I was 17 then,71 now.
C Ball

FFalotico
02-26-08, 04:38 PM
Good to hear from an old Salt! I guess you had most of the summer fun in PI. I was in 3rd Recruit. Btl. I think,Neson hut #13- first day in PI- Friday the 13th. Made me think a bit! I am down in...

sparkie
02-26-08, 04:41 PM
Channing,,, Frank,,,,, I don't belong here, but to say, God bless you both.

cball
02-26-08, 06:55 PM
Thanks Sparkie.Frank I spent my time in the 2nd Marine Air Wing,VMR153 Transport Squadron at Cherry Point,I got out in 1958 and now live in Northern West Virginia..You can click on our names and view our profiles.I sometimes look at Together We Served,not to offen.Dont give up looking for your buddies.Two of mine contacted me from this forum.One from Fla.one from Ohio..If you want to talk some more sometime shoot me an Email
CBall

silverdollar
03-14-08, 07:45 AM
I got to PI in May of 54, can`t remember plt# but head DI was s/sgt flynn.

cball
03-14-08, 07:34 PM
George, I was there at about the same time .Platoon 253 ran from may 18 to july28 ,SDI was B E Doyle-JDI was Sgt W M Simpson--Pfc WC Hegg.And the platoon I was in 258 ran from may24 to aug 12 1954, SDI Sgt DS Giusto,-JDI SB Davis and Cpl P E Gagneoain.Frank Falotico started this post 2 or 3 weeks ago and then disappered.

bucksgted
03-14-08, 07:48 PM
I don't really belong here either, but it sure is good to see you ole pharts still kicking. You have me beat - - I didn't go to MCRDSD until 20 Feb 56. I was in Platoon 138, Sr. DI was S/Sgt Smith. I'm originally from Baytown, TX .(Took my oath in Houston, TX)

Semper Fidelis, Marines!!

Ed

cball
03-15-08, 08:29 AM
Six of us joined up ,3 in may and 3 in aug and 4 of us are still around two died before their time.We still keep in touch with each other.

FFalotico
03-18-08, 07:53 AM
Well, seems like I did not fade away as old Marines sometimes do, still here! Plt. 396 August 13th.(a Friday) in Nesson Hut #13 on the first day, what would you think! Still "gong ho " as ever Marine Corps plates on my SUV. We finished up boot camp in November of 1954 off to Pendelton, Cold weather training then off to Japan the 3rd Div. on the APA Montrose back in 56 on the Gen. Hugh J. Gaffy, I keep in contact with the Capt. of the Gaffy as we met in Maui Hawaii as we both lived there for some years.
Take care and God's Blessings ,
Frank Falotico

leisuremarine
07-05-08, 02:12 PM
:scared:I was in Plt 396 in 1954...My name is Walter Tracy. But I
dont remember .you

FFalotico
07-05-08, 08:12 PM
Walter,
I don't recall you either but I have the platoon book and will look you up. We were depot Honor Platoon. Do you remember the night we all went down to the outdoor movie and Pvt. Hatcher was eating pogie bait and we all had to duck walk back to our neison huts. I was In N-13. I just looked you up and sure enough you were in the book! "YOU WERE THERE!" you are the second person in 50 years that was in my platoon that I came across. I live in Palm Bay Florida at this time. It's been 54 years were no longer 18 year old kids. I was transfered to Camp Pendelton, went to Pickle Meadows and then to Japan with a month or so in Korea, I was in Motor Transport Ordnance Service Company attached to an EOD team.
my E mail address is: ffalotico@cfl.rr.com
I have a web site : http://home.catholicweb.com/deaconfrancisartstudio
drop me an E mail and let me know where your living now.
Take care now.
Frank Falotico 1477399 / 3531

FFalotico
07-05-08, 08:13 PM
:flag:
Walter,
I don't recall you either but I have the platoon book and will look you up. We were depot Honor Platoon. Do you remember the night we all went down to the outdoor movie and Pvt. Hatcher was eating pogie bait and we all had to duck walk back to our neison huts. I was In N-13. I just looked you up and sure enough you were in the book! "YOU WERE THERE!" you are the second person in 50 years that was in my platoon that I came across. I live in Palm Bay Florida at this time. It's been 54 years were no longer 18 year old kids. I was transfered to Camp Pendelton, went to Pickle Meadows and then to Japan with a month or so in Korea, I was in Motor Transport Ordnance Service Company attached to an EOD team.
my E mail address is: ffalotico@cfl.rr.com
I have a web site : http://home.catholicweb.com/deaconfrancisartstudio
drop me an E mail and let me know where your living now.
Take care now.
Frank Falotico 1477399 / 3531

FFalotico
07-06-08, 12:16 PM
OK! Seems that were on the "old" fart page here. Any of you guys hit Pickle Meadows in March of '55 Thats were the weather was Great!. Any way hope that some of you guys take the lead and follow through on this boot camp page dating back to 1954. E mail me.
Frank Falotico
plt. 396 Depot Honors
Aug 12th to November 1954. Parris Island.
Home of the Sand Flea.

FFalotico
08-24-08, 09:51 AM
:scared:I was in Plt 396 in 1954...My name is Walter Tracy. But I
dont remember .you

Walter did you ever respond to my note I sent back to you. I don't recall getting it?
Send another.
Frank Falotico

You are in my year book from P.I. 1954
" I WAS THERE ! " GOD KNOWS I WAS THERE,
AND I AM GOING RIGHT TO HEAVEN, BECAUSE I
SERVED MY TIME IN HELL! ( At least I thought so at the time)

Desert Rat
03-29-09, 11:45 PM
OK! Seems that were on the "old" fart page here. Any of you guys hit Pickle Meadows in March of '55 Thats were the weather was Great!. Any way hope that some of you guys take the lead and follow through on this boot camp page dating back to 1954. E mail me.
Frank Falotico
plt. 396 Depot Honors
Aug 12th to November 1954. Parris Island.
Home of the Sand Flea.

Frank, *I did boot camp at San Diego starting on May 25, 1954, but ended up in Balboa Naval Hosp. for 5 1/2 months but was able to finish boot graduating a couple of days before Christmas '54. Went to Pendleton and Pickle Meadows right around March of '55. Sure was a lot of fun sleeping in snow caves. Convinced me to move to Florida in '61 where I went on the Police dept. in St. Petersburg and retired from there as a sgt.

Wally Swartz - Desert Rat
H & S Battery, 1st 155 Howitzer BN, FMF Pacific
29 Palms desert Resort!
Semper Fi

cball
03-30-09, 08:33 AM
Wally, This is C Ball ,I was at Parris Is. the same time as you were in San Diego. From P. I. I went to Air prep School in Memphis,Tenn ,then on to Aircraft engine School in Jax,Fla. Ended up at Cherry Point in a Air Transport Sq..I still keep in touch with 4 of the guys I was in with , one in Fla,one in Ohio ,one in Va and one here in West Va..My wife and I just got back from Virginia visiting the one .I e- mailed Frank a couple times but lost track of him.. Its good to see another old timer still around.
Channing Ball..

rlbarry
01-05-10, 09:11 PM
apparently i dont know my way around this stuff, explain

EGA1957
01-05-10, 10:44 PM
Wally, This is C Ball ,I was at Parris Is. the same time as you were in San Diego. From P. I. I went to Air prep School in Memphis,Tenn ,then on to Aircraft engine School in Jax,Fla. Ended up at Cherry Point in a Air Transport Sq..I still keep in touch with 4 of the guys I was in with , one in Fla,one in Ohio ,one in Va and one here in West Va..My wife and I just got back from Virginia visiting the one .I e- mailed Frank a couple times but lost track of him.. Its good to see another old timer still around.
Channing Ball..
Had a good buddy from Fairmont. I get out in '60 and he re-upped. Talked to him several years ago after tracking him down in FL. His last name was Alkire.

cball
01-06-10, 09:18 AM
Yes when you get out you promise to keep in touch ,but you get busy with your life,family and job and loose touch with friends .Then when you get older you start wondering where they are and usually its to late and can't locate them..I knew an Alkire boy but he wasn't in the service..I tracked one of my buddies down a couple yrs ago ,through White pages and found out he was dieing of lung cancer..I found 2 others one in Ohio ,another in Fla..
Cball

rlbarry
01-08-10, 10:30 AM
hi frank still trying to get an interesting message to you.
rlbarry

rlbarry
01-09-10, 06:29 PM
Well, seems like I did not fade away as old Marines sometimes do, still here! Plt. 396 August 13th.(a Friday) in Nesson Hut #13 on the first day, what would you think! Still "gong ho " as ever Marine Corps plates on my SUV. We finished up boot camp in November of 1954 off to Pendelton, Cold weather training then off to Japan the 3rd Div. on the APA Montrose back in 56 on the Gen. Hugh J. Gaffy, I keep in contact with the Capt. of the Gaffy as we met in Maui Hawaii as we both lived there for some years.
Take care and God's Blessings ,
Frank Falotico
is frank falotico still active?

rlbarry
01-09-10, 06:31 PM
Is Frank Falotico still active?