PDA

View Full Version : Venting about 02xx

JSchramm08
02-25-08, 04:29 PM
I am a poolee, and I would love for my MOS to be 02xx (Intelligence). However, it is full in my region for the next few ship-dates. The funny thing is that they have available slots (per my recruiter) for Marines doing a lat-move, but not for poolees who are enlisting. Anyone know why this might be the case? One of my recruiters suggested it was because of the maturity difference between poolees and Marines.

For the record, I scored very high on my ASVAB, and I passed (albiet barely) my DLAB, and have been out of high school for two years (attended college for a little while).

I don't necessarily expect an alternative, I'm just mostly venting.

thewookie
02-25-08, 04:32 PM
because of the maturity difference between poolees and Marines.

BINGO

Buckeye
02-25-08, 04:53 PM
:evilgrin: As A Poolee, You Have No Intelligence!!!.......YET!!!
IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU SCORED ON THE ASVAB!!

JSchramm08
02-25-08, 05:14 PM
Buckeye,

I know, I know. I was just venting because I can't get the MOS that I want, simply because I'm a poolee (yet 02xx hasn't yet filled its quota and there are plenty of spots available for lat-moves).

I don't know.. Blah blah on me I guess.

thewookie
02-25-08, 05:20 PM
Look man, this isn't Oprah or Dr. Phil, you knew the reason, you want to vent go run to the mall or something.

Phantom Blooper
02-25-08, 05:30 PM
If you are a poolee you need to gather your gear and check out of this unit and go over to the Poolee Forum where you can collectively complain and vent together with the other poolees and wannabees in their hooch!:evilgrin:

Read the rules!:evilgrin: Get rid of the Semper-Fi! you don't rate! Scram Schramm!

SGT7477
02-25-08, 09:07 PM
Looks like the army is calling you. BTW it's Cpl Buckeye.

yellowwing
02-25-08, 09:51 PM
Well hey if 02 is what you got your sights set on, waiting is cool. We got a few Marines and poolees signed up for Intel.

Just hold on and get used to things happening in their own time. Its good practice for everything else. An impatient 02 is just punching his ticket.

Echo_Four_Bravo
02-26-08, 10:58 AM
I think there are jobs within the 02 field that require you to have completed an enlistment and/or be an NCO before you can get them. There is simply no way a poolee can fill the spot that a NCO is needed for.

Simply put, this isn't Burger King- you don't get to have it your way. The Marine Corps knows what it is doing. If they won't allow you to enlist as an 02XX then it is because they do not need a junior Marine in that field. They will not, nor should they, change the rules just to make you happy.

JSchramm08
02-26-08, 12:54 PM
I didn't mean to **** anyone off, and I didn't mean to whine about any of this. I understand now why this is the case. Thanks for your replies. Especially you, Echo_Four_Bravo.

Echo_Four_Bravo
02-26-08, 01:00 PM
I don't think you're making anyone mad at all. It is just how it is. It does seem like you're whining about the situation. That's fine, we all whine about things from time to time. Just don't expect anyone to really care if you don't like something.

SGT7477
02-26-08, 05:31 PM
One thing you poolees have to get in your head if you happen to graduate things can change fast in the Corp. there are no guarantees so be prepared and the DI will just laugh his ass off.

JSchramm08
02-27-08, 07:05 PM
I have accepted that I will not be getting into Intel. That's fine by me, because ultimately my goal is to graduate Recruit Training, and become a Marine, not to get into Intel.

When looking back at this thread, I get angry at myself for posting it in the first place. When I did so, I was focused more about getting into Intel than I was simply becoming a Marine. This is no longer the case. Becoming a Marine is a dream I've had for about the last six or more years.

Thank you to all of you who took the time to reply to this stupid thread, even though it is in the wrong channel. :-)

jackson07
02-28-08, 05:10 PM
Ask your recruiter about a DC contract. You could be a 26xx.

ggyoung
02-28-08, 06:19 PM
Military and intelligence?????????????????????????????????????? ???????????

JSchramm08
02-28-08, 06:29 PM
Ask your recruiter about a DC contract. You could be a 26xx.

Yeah, I tried that. It is also full. Oh well, thanks anyway.

BlindZeal08
02-28-08, 06:48 PM

Never heard of it :angel:

JChebahtah
02-28-08, 08:23 PM

Hahahahaha. My boyfriend said that whenever he did something stupid in boot camp his Drill Instructors would ask him what his MOS was and when he said intelligence, they would say "That's freakin' funny Sanchez." (He signed for 02xx and ended up with 2602)

bgsuwoody
02-29-08, 06:25 PM
As I Tell Every Poolee And It Has Worked As It Did For Me...

1. Dont Take No For An Answer
2. Dont Sign The Contract Until You Get Exactly What You Want
3. Dont Leave If They Want To Change Your Contract.

You Listen To These 3 Things And Your Marine Corps Career Will Be Everything You Want It To Be.

JSchramm08
03-01-08, 01:43 PM

You Listen To These 3 Things And Your Marine Corps Career Will Be Everything You Want It To Be.

That's great advice, honestly. The problem in my particular case is that I have seen the numbers, and 02xx and 26xx are full. Is it still possible for me to not accept "No" as an answer when there aren't open spots?

Buckeye
03-19-08, 04:47 PM

You Listen To These 3 Things And Your Marine Corps Career Will Be Everything You Want It To Be.YOU HAVEN'T EVEN BEEN IN THAT LONG,WHAT MAKES YOU THINK YOU'RE IN A POSITION TO GIVE ADVICE,ABOUT HOW TO GET THROUGH A CAREER IN OUR CORPS....ODDS ARE,YOU WON'T MAKE IT 20 PLUS YEARS....JUST STATING A FACT!!....BEST ADVICE IS ,DO WHAT YOU'RE TOLD & SHUT THE F**** UP,& PREY THAT YOU GET HOME ALIVE!!!

Camper51
03-19-08, 05:07 PM
That's great advice, honestly. The problem in my particular case is that I have seen the numbers, and 02xx and 26xx are full. Is it still possible for me to not accept "No" as an answer when there aren't open spots?

Of course you don't have to accept no as an answer.

You also don't have to become a Marine, either, if that is your choice...

jackson07
03-19-08, 07:49 PM
It depends on what matters more to you, being a Marine or having the job you want. You can always chose another MOS field that you would enjoy. And you can always lat move later in your career. You still have many options if you want to be a Marine now, and don't want to wait until they get your slot. At this point it might not be till October when the new fiscal year starts. Think long and hard about what you want and then go from there.