PDA

View Full Version : Cpl looking for info... EOD techs help me out too

zggill04
02-22-08, 07:17 PM
So I've hit that fork in the road, to get out or to reenlist. I havn't really thought about reenlistment up till this point, and now I sit with a few months left till EAS. I'm really looking for input on EOD and the school, what to expect ect. but I'm also looking for information about MOSs that everyone is in and really like. I'm an 03, been deployed a few times, now I'm looking for a change. Does anyone happen to also know anything about the private security companies out there or anything along those lines I might be able to move into if I get out? I appreciate the time and replies ahead of time!!

I moved this to open squad bay because it appears more Marines look here then any other forum.

ttracker65
02-22-08, 08:14 PM
Well Marine there are alot of options.
Blackwater security.com
Globel security.com
Try these as a start. As for MOS's I have been a tracker as well as a missel Op. 1833 Tracks are a blast but the 7222 is boreing for me maybe not yourself though. Good luck on your career decision.
Cpl B :tank:

testforecho2112
02-23-08, 12:15 AM
You might not have much luck with BW with just 03 experience these days. Back in the day, they only wanted combat vets, and paid well for them. Now, they want all the SF training, usually with at least 5 years of experience. I have a friend who is a recruiter, I can pass on his email if you'd like, but dont expect much, they have FR, Seals, DF guys knocking down their door trying to get in. Thought about Law Enforcement?

ttracker65
02-23-08, 12:47 AM
Try here go to the jobs link and fill out the info. good luck on your career choice.
Cpl B :tank:
http://www.globalsecurity.org/

Covey_Rider
02-23-08, 04:43 AM
EOD isn't the toughest school to get into but you'd better be on top of your game to get through it. I work hand in hand with an EOD tech of 15 years now and I've learned a lot. I would love to go EOD but I'm slightly red green color blind so that's a no go for me. As far as PMC's etc are concerned there are TONS out there. Just find the best one for you and apply.

zggill04
02-23-08, 10:27 AM
hey Covy, do you happen to know, or can find out what to expect in the school. I mean when I was deployed I worked with EOD techs on occasion, but I never asked at all about their job. I'm planning on heading over to talk to some techs on monday, see what I can find out from them. Just any info would help.

As far as the BW, I know they have to all SF guys. The only ones I really know about are BW or Triple Canopy, anyone know of any others I might be able to get into with 4 yrs 03 and two deployments, one to Fallujah and one to Ramadi?

I appreciate all the input, keep it coming if you got any other info.

Covey_Rider
02-23-08, 11:20 PM
http://www.privatemilitary.org/home.html

http://www.privateforces.com/

Check out these sites and you should be able to do a little bit of research to find out what is best for you. DynCorp is a pretty good PMC. Outside of that there are a lot.

As far as EOD school goes...I'll ask for some more information then I already know. I believe the school is 6 months long and you do everything from knowing how to disarm IED's to disarming much larger explosives. A lot of your time as an EOD tech will be spent out at ranges blowing up all the ordnance that didn't go off. Say a plane is practicing dropping bombs...some won't go off...you go out and blow it up.

hadalos
07-12-09, 12:53 PM
As well I'm waiting on acceptance to EOD school I was wondering if there is particular subject matter that I could be studying ahead of time to be better prepared and have an edge in the academic aspect of the school.

Petz
07-12-09, 12:58 PM
if you choose this option, don't fail the school... you won't be reprocessed and you will become an ammo tech, counting rounds... by hand... at an ASP.

and even then, if the ammo tech MOS is full there is a chance you can get booted out of the Corps....

Hadalos, I'm ignoring you until you unfvck your profile.

GilbreaithsWife
11-19-09, 12:18 PM
im a marine wife look for anwsers about EOD...my husband is putting in for EOD and im not to sure of what goes on with this and were havin a baby in April of this year then he would turn around and go to school in June if they dont make him go rite after i have the baby. Just wondering what it is that EOD does and want some info into the Job