PDA

View Full Version : Finally

BushdaktaRoy
02-22-08, 02:41 PM
6 months after my ELS from boot camp, I can finally get the ball rolling to get back in. I have several appointments with podiatrists that will write letters stating that I am good to go, and hopefully that satisfies the doctors enough to let me back. It's gonna be an uphill knife fight, but there's no way in hell I'm gonna let them stop me. So wish me luck in getting the waiver, I won't quit.

RockSteady85
02-22-08, 02:45 PM
Hey man, I just got back from PI for the same thing (I literally got back last night). I tore my patellar tendon and will be having surgery Tuesday to reconstruct it. I get to wait the requisite 6 months also before I could rejoin, as I came home COG and not PEB (you know what all that means, I'm assuming LOL). I am definitely going to re-enlist; the only thing that might stand in my way is that bloody waiver!

Good luck, and let us know what happens!

BushdaktaRoy
02-22-08, 02:54 PM
Yeah, I was ERR because apparently, f***ing MEPS didn't write down the correct kind of flat feet that I had, and when I got a rack dropped on my feet, my senior drill instructor made me go to...

RockSteady85
02-22-08, 03:01 PM
Uhhh...no. I took an old school bus home! If you lived east of the Mississippi River, you were taking a bus my friend! It was not bad at all though, because it seemed like all of us lived in the general Northeast area that were on my bus route (which were 7 girls and 8 guys), and I never had so much fun on a road trip before, honestly. We all exchanged info, were taking pictures of each other, and when we had to leave we were hugging each other like crazy and didn't want to go!

I never had to get waivers for anything, although there were issues there when I originally enlisted. But a waiver is required for my knee now, and that makes me weary of what that will bring. I guess we'll have to see LOL.

BushdaktaRoy
02-22-08, 03:08 PM
damn, that sucks. The only people who had to take a bus were the fraudulent enlisters, and the nut jobs. all of us good little boys got to take a plane. and RSP sucked, but hey, by ethiopian orphan...

Big Jim
02-22-08, 03:20 PM
Both of you guys now know what it takes to be Marines. This will ALL be for nothing if you DON'T go back!! When you do finally earn that title...you will be the fewest of the few that truly understand what it means to be Marine. You'll take this experience and all the blood, sweat and tears with you and you'll apply your knowledge and effort to training all the other junior Marines and, maybe even poolies, that come after you! You'll become all the better and more appreciative for what you've earned...and thats called character and integrity!! These are two leadership characteristics taught by by NCO school! Thats how far ahead of the game you'll be!! You'll still have to prove it of course, but you'll know you have it within you!! Good luck and Godspeed in your trip back to the MCRD, Poolies!! Don't give up!!! You can make it!!

RockSteady85
02-22-08, 03:25 PM
The only people who took planes home from PI were the ones west of the Mississippi, the legitimately crazy ones, and PEBers. All the rest of us were going Greyhound.

Oh man, I heard about how RSP is for all you guys. Us ladies had it pretty slick compared to all of you. We had cable tellie, radio, magazines, books to fill up our pretty much constant free time. We would go to the Depot Theatre to see a movie with our Senior and get all this crappy food and she wouldn't care. Totally different from being in training or even in STC, that's for damn sure! But they expected more out of us appearance and behaviour-wise, because RSPers are looked at as "lowly" and our DIs wanted us to prove we could hold our own. A lot of us could (like my Seniour loved me because I fought like hell to go back to training and I was always the first one to volunteer to do inventory or whatever), but some people just loved to act stupid like they weren't recruits still on the Island anymore.

BushdaktaRoy
02-22-08, 03:39 PM
Man, that sounds nice. We had a T.V. they would roll out on Saturdays, and not much else. A couple of books some guys smuggled from MRP, and those were more valuable than gold. I did a bunch of working parties though, at the armory, with the MP's and such. But in general, the douchebags they had in RSP deserved to get kicked the f*** out. I actually witnessed one of em try to kill himself with his geek strap in the company commander's office. I told him a more effective way would be to tie a belt around your neck and the other end to the third floor railing, but he was just trying to get out like a little b****. Another guy assaulted a drill instructor and the drill instructor snapped his arm. I never wanted to mess with drill instructors before that, but I really don't now. And then after his arm got snapped, the MP's showed up and gave him a few more incentives to cooperate. I don't know why those kind of people even go to bootcamp. What, were they expecting to eat froot loops and watch looney tunes all day?

RockSteady85
02-22-08, 04:19 PM
LOL about what that DI did - they say keep an arm's distance away for a reason. It's so you don't touch them, but it can also keep them from being easily accessible to you! You really meet some gems in boot camp, WOW. There was this one girl in FRSP who was getting sent home for being just plain insane. She was more just like completely belligerent. I remember our one DI, Drill Instructor SSgt Vasquez, reading this chick's MHU report out loud when we were on route, and hearing her just rolling at the line, "Recruit shows no emotional maturity." I mean, this girl just never listened to anyone - DIs, recruits, anyone. Never said, "Aye, ma'am" or "Aye, recruit"...if she actually did what she was told, she did it so slowly you could age and die in that span of time. All of the DIs just scream at her all of the time because she never listens and she tells everyone to shut up (that's if she speaks) if they tell her to do something. Then she walks away from their royal arse chewing all crying like she didn't deserve it or something. Some people it really seems like they did not know what they were signing onto when they signed that contract, I tell ya! LOL

ttracker65
02-24-08, 11:51 PM
Poolies I know what it is like. I spent my last 2 weeks at MCRD SD on crutch's with a broken leg. I was just lucky my Sr DI stood for me so that i was able to graduate. Still sucked sitting in front of command on a foot locker in woodlands on Grad day. you ever run across the Boot Camp book for Graduating class of '79 Plt 1030 I am the one sitting there with my M16 ****ed. Luck to your return to our flock. You can do it if it is in your Heart. It will mean more to you once you Get to throw your cover in the Air and recieve your final orders from MCRD

Sam331
02-26-08, 12:09 AM
Yeah , did 2 months on the island aswell and was sent home. My trip home was something, was 4 guys and 4 girls. Well It was a nice trip home, although we were told not to do anything with the female recruits, that didnt last for too long lol. Made really good friends with those females too, spent a week at ones house. Still have to visit the other one . Ever since I been back, been busting my ass to get back in, just have to be cleared medically. Once thats done Gunny said he can work his ass off in getting me back. I dont care about starting over again, its well worth it. Atleast this time I know what to expect and can be a better leader seeing as how I been through it before.