PDA

View Full Version : MECEP Question.

SGTeyre110228
02-22-08, 01:45 PM
Applying this year (FY '09) and had a question about the LORs: are they to be a direct part of the MECEP package, or sent seperatley by those who write them to the MECEP board?

I was wondering about this and if anyone out there has some advise about this or knows the answer, I'd appreciate the word and help. Oh and, anything else that might be useful when putting a package together. I know the MarAdmin and order is pretty straight forward, but it can seem mighty intimidiating ... Hope to hear from some of you.

Semper Fi

Kegler300
02-22-08, 01:50 PM
You should check with your adjutant. When I processed MECEP packages as an adjutant and personnel chief, I had the individuals include their Letters of recommendation as enclosures to their application.

SGTeyre110228
02-22-08, 02:01 PM
OOHRAH ... Thanks for the quick reply. I'll certainly check with my adjutant when I get home: currently deployed. Thanks again and it sound right that they are an [enclosure] in the packages, this seems to follow suit with what last years MarAdmin had in the example package format.

Gunny Nichols
02-24-08, 11:10 AM
I was accepted to the FY 80 MECEP program. LOR's can be included in the package if the Marine writing the LOR is in your local area. If the Marine writing the LOR is not in your local area then they can be sent to HQMCRC just the same as your package and they will marry them up when your matrials get there.
I had LOR's in my actual package and I had some mailed direct by the Marine writing the LOR's

SGTeyre110228
02-24-08, 02:07 PM
Thanks Gunny, I think that about clears it up.