PDA

View Full Version : Marine Corp Relationships

Littledrumerboy
02-21-08, 12:46 PM
I have a friend who said that the corp discourages marines from dating other marines.

is this true? and if so why?

PatriotGirl422
02-21-08, 07:13 PM
There's no official policy on it, but I'm sure there are Marines who would advise against dating other Marines you work with. Just for obvious reasons. The only time Marines are legally not allowed to date is a superior and a junior Marine. That's fraternization. But there's nothing wrong with dating another Marine. I'm dating one.

TSchultz
02-21-08, 07:38 PM
superior to junior Marine. Is that like SSgt with PFC. Or is it officers with enlisteed Marines?

PatriotGirl422
02-21-08, 08:18 PM
superior to junior Marine. Is that like SSgt with PFC. Or is it officers with enlisteed Marines?

Both. Officers and enlisted can never date. And NCOs can't date Pvts, PFCs and LCpls.

jackson07
02-21-08, 08:21 PM
Pvt- PFC- LCPL
CPL-SGT
SSGT- and the rest of the senior enlisted.

Officers are always a no go. Otherwise those are your peer groups.

MotivatorOfTheGuard
02-21-08, 08:40 PM
Wow...this thread could go on for days. Everyone is going to have something to say. I married a Marine, and i think it would be best if i just said nothing at all!

ttracker65
02-21-08, 11:45 PM
Please understand.
1. The prob with marriage in the Corps is multi pronged.
A. Mental stability(worrie about wife not mission)
B. Long term seperation issues
C. High risk Op issues
D. Dear John- Jane issues
I would not want the Marine that is watching the door to be thinking of his honey and Jimmy when I am going into a Snatch and Grab
THE PROBLEM WITH RANK ISSUES HAVE TO DO WITH JOB ASSIGNMENTS
AND MATTER OF RESPECT/ CURTESY
Do not fratenise with the under ranking personel
Just my opinion
Cpl B :tank:

gnarkill04
02-21-08, 11:50 PM
Cpl, wouldn't it be like that for all married guys? Doesn't matter if their wife is a WM or not in my opinion. They're gonna think about them regardless.

ttracker65
02-22-08, 12:04 AM
This is a complex question. Strike Force out of Fallon is asked not to be entertaining the idea of long term realtionships period. Due to high risk those boys risk their lives every time they climb...

gnarkill04
02-22-08, 12:06 AM
Good point Cpl.

ttracker65
02-22-08, 12:14 AM
Please understand it is no better with out of service realtionships. I choose to re-up in '89 knowing my realtionship at home could not stand the stress of being gone for long periods of time. The Corps will always be my real family
Cpl B

MotivatorOfTheGuard
02-22-08, 01:07 AM
kill

ttracker65
02-22-08, 01:16 AM
Do not mean to offend. I only know from personel experience. In my situation as I have stated.
Cpl B

SGT7477
02-22-08, 08:10 AM
Both. Officers and enlisted can never date. And NCOs can't date Pvts, PFCs and LCpls.
Yup that's what they say I've been around alot of officers in my time in the Corp. and they look past the stripes,lol.:flag:

killerinstinct
02-22-08, 12:04 PM
I have a friend who said that the corp discourages marines from dating other marines.

is this true? and if so why?

there are people who have great relationships but i must say all the pain in misery i have recieved has been from some WM saying saomething .. lots of page 11's from stupid **** i was actually jsut thinking of one i sent an email calling her a ***** yada yada and some ***** running around the bks ****ing others and she went and cried to a sgt major and here i am getting some page 11 PLUS saying im misusing govt computers and of course i didnt sign it and told sgtmaj that it was her opening private email at work and i have my own computer at home from wehre i sent.

This is jsut one of the many stories though i have met some cool ones but its easier to just keep them far away and you will be better off and if you get lonely on a deployment well i suggest you put some lipstick on ur hand and just rub one off cuz seriously they are trouble.

TROUBLE!!!!

hydraulic
02-23-08, 11:02 PM
WELL!!!!
Seeing as we do not have female Royal Marines it would be not quite the done thing to be seen, swapping spit, holding hands and going for walks in the moonlight with another Marine, but hey, whatever lights your fire.

In any event, why would you want to date someone who has, on paper and by qualifying as a Marine has attitude and outlook on life as you do.

And one more thing, it's nice to have a date that turns up late so we can maintain our superiority complex.

Per Mare Per Terram

Pezzle
02-24-08, 02:45 AM
WELL!!!!
Seeing as we do not have female Royal Marines it would be not quite the done thing to be seen, swapping spit, holding hands and going for walks in the moonlight with another Marine, but hey, whatever lights your fire.

In any event, why would you want to date someone who has, on paper and by qualifying as a Marine has attitude and outlook on life as you do.

I hope to be a Marine, but I plan to marry my Army Cpl :) We can all get along, can't we? :D

ttracker65
02-24-08, 02:51 AM
Ma'am I have plenty of friends that are Army, Navy and Air Force. My own daughter is marrying a dog but that is up to her. But there is Alot of brotherhood pride you will just have to get used to it. Good luck on your future

SGT7477
02-24-08, 08:09 AM
I hope to be a Marine, but I plan to marry my Army Cpl :) We can all get along, can't we? :D
Your job will be to keep him in line,lol.:flag:

ttracker65
02-24-08, 01:43 PM
Ha HA I remember when my daughter brought her dog home the first time and I had him clean my M4....he has called me sir ever since. Dogs can be trained they are just a little slow.

MotivatorOfTheGuard
02-24-08, 01:57 PM
Ha HA I remember when my daughter brought her dog home the first time and I had him clean my M4....he has called me sir ever since. Dogs can be trained they are just a little slow.

That is Awesome in the Purest Form

BlindZeal08
02-24-08, 02:02 PM
Your job will be to keep him in line,lol.:flag:

LMAO :marine:

LMAO at the M4 cleaning

ttracker65
02-24-08, 02:07 PM
At least there is one dog out there that knows how to clean his weapon now.

SGT7477
02-24-08, 02:12 PM
At least there is one dog out there that knows how to clean his weapon now.
That is a good one can't keep myself from lmfao, OOHRAH.:flag:

ttracker65
02-24-08, 02:19 PM
My daughter got a little ****ed cause their date got cut pretty short cause her dog had trouble getting the handguards off but like I told her she picked him it is not my fault he is a little slow.

SGT7477
02-24-08, 02:39 PM
Nothing wrong with being hard Corp. our SDI had zero respect for the army he said they look like a bunch of Christmas trees and hell they even give out medals for who can **** the best everytime I see a soldier I just have to laugh myself there are some memories that always stay with you,lol.

ttracker65
02-24-08, 02:47 PM
I agree but I have to admit one time following orders mind you to getting lost on the DMZ in Korea and it was AIR CAV. that showed up and sat over the top of us 'til we crossed back over the line. To those air jocky's I bought a case from my TDY chit.

SGT7477
02-24-08, 02:55 PM
That is right but it can always work the other way too.

ttracker65
02-24-08, 10:44 PM
Take the objective give it to the Army. Army gives it back to the Enemy. Take the objective give it to the Army..................some things just go round and round.