PDA

View Full Version : Berkeley CA Councilman Smears The Marine Corps

jetdawgg
02-20-08, 12:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI_TbNp7n18&feature=related

MotivatorOfTheGuard
02-20-08, 02:00 PM
These people in Berkley just don't know when to stop digging do they.

jrhd97
02-20-08, 08:07 PM
Hopefully they dug there way out of a several million in funding.

PatriotGirl422
02-20-08, 08:13 PM
"The history of the Marines isn't as proud as one might think it is." And the history of Berkeley is?

"The Marine Corps trains killers" Wow this guy's sharp.

OB MSG
02-21-08, 08:47 AM
The Berkeley City Council, (I have other more...colorful names for these individuals), with exception going to the 2 members who came to thier senses, will continue to be ignorant and petty in their retoric about the Marines and the U.S. Military in general. They tout that they are for peace and love and koom-bai-ya, but when push comes to shove and they are on the business end of someone kicking the crap out of them I have a feeling they will be the first to scream for police, military or some other protection, then continue to stab their protectors in the back when the fight is over.

Here are two quotes that I think Berkeley should read and heed, the first is supposed to have been said by George Orwell, (though snopes.com has a few things to say about that): "We sleep safely in our beds at
night because rough men stand ready to do violence on our behalf."

The second quote I have no idea who said it, or is thought to have said it is this: "True warrior train for war , but pray for peace"

That being said, Berkeley, and code pink for that matter, needs to see that we, those of us in the military, are not the raving murderers that they would have us portrayed as. We are simply "rough" men and women who stand ready to defend, violently if need be, because they won't.

On a side note: I'm tyring to find the address for the Reserve unit that Sgt Eamon Kelly is part of so I can send him a bottle of Jack (the best pain medicine I've ever found), or his preferred llibation. According to news sources, he stayed will pro-military supporters during the vote of the Berkeley City council, against the advice of health care professionals, until they told him he had to go home and were worried shock would set in.

yellowwing
02-21-08, 09:47 AM
I like Al Gray's take on the now defunct recruiting poster: Nobody likes to Fight, But somebody has to know how. His reply was, "Bullsh*t, Marines love to fight!"

jetdawgg
02-21-08, 10:02 AM
"The history of the Marines isn't as proud as one might think it is." And the history of Berkeley is?

"The Marine Corps trains killers" Wow this guy's sharp.

I was hoping that Berkley become history:usmc:

The nerve of this councilman talking about the Marines as though we are in the same category as Berkley:usmc:

Robert Browell
02-21-08, 11:42 AM
Don't know who said it! "Nobody loves the warrior,until the enemy is at the gate".As far as the city of "Jerkley",here's another quote."No matter how long you rub,you can't polish s#*t" I said that:usmc:

andyb
09-12-11, 07:59 AM
I just came across this and I see that the original link is no longer valid so here's a new one. What's amazing is that this guy Anderson still sits on the City Council today.

http://youtu.be/edN142zcuOE

sempidr
09-13-11, 05:53 PM
Does anybody know what his "time in hell" was? I wonder. Pop up targets were Asian figures in the early '60s. Where?
Up until about 18 months ago, I worked in Emeryville, CA., right next to Berserkly.
Every one on the Berserkly City Council is a "cracker". Blooming idiots.

He states himself, that he is an ex-Marine. There are no ex-Marines.

Our not so great history in Nicaragua, and Viet Nam. This guy is on a City Council in a city in our USA, and he doesn't have enough common sense to have figured out, that the Marines only do what they are told to do, and proudly so, by our Commander in Chief.

Sorry for the rant, but I know this goober, and him having control over other peoples lives, even in the slightest way, is just plain sad.

S

SgtMcCrory
09-14-11, 06:30 AM
These people in Berkley just don't know when to stop digging do they.

i've got a friend in oakland and we used to go hang out near berkley. i really hate all those want to be hippies out there. so determined to be tree hugging peace mongers that they're subject to slap you for being in the service

joseywales
09-14-11, 07:30 AM
Always good to resurrect a three year old thread

sempidr
09-14-11, 01:49 PM
Always good to resurrect a three year old thread

And you looked, because?????

Might be three years old, but that waste is still in office.

S-

Hammer
09-14-11, 02:32 PM
Because of this thread,(REGARDLESS OF WHEN IT OCCURRED), the facts of this occurrence is just as pertinent today as it was then. It should have never occurred; PERIOD!

What I would like to ascertain after reviewing the incident via Internet and the claims by the councilman involved and his claim to have been a Marine and his "Hell" if he was in fact a Marine, and what was the circumstances of his diatribe against his experience in the Corps.

On another forum to which I belong, there are resources by which we vet members. Does this forum re; LN, have the same resources? If not, I am sure that there are members here who have resources to which a claim can be verified.

I personally find it hard to believe that this Councilman was a Marine, and that he was "drummed" out of the Corps.