PDA

View Full Version : Introduce myself.

dtsetzer
02-20-08, 03:18 AM
Hello! I'll start by apologizing in advance if we aren't supposed to post an introduction thread, I searched through the rules and didn't see that we weren't supposed to. I'm Poolee Setzer, I swore in two weeks ago today. I'm signed up for the Reserves, my goal is to go through school, and (hopefully) become an officer in the Marine Corps. I decided on the Reserves so that I could learn to take orders before trying to give them. As of right now, my MOS is Combat Engineer, although that may change to Communications, MP or Infantry. The engineer battalion is down in West Virginia (I'm in Ohio), but provided a spot opens up in one of the other three which are in Ohio, I may switch to one of those! No matter what I get I'm just happy to be given a shot at earning the Title! That's about it, don't want to get too long winded :) Much respect to all Marines and all the branches, my father served in the Navy, so I've got nothing but respect for all service men and women! To the other Poolee's, stay motivated!

Poolee Setzer

jinelson
02-20-08, 03:54 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/jinelson/156100.jpg

Welcome Aboard Poolee Setzer!

Thanks for reading our rules before posting that say's a lot about you.

Jim

Quinbo
02-20-08, 03:56 AM
Great job Setzer! You are already setting an example for other poolees by coming in with a complete profile and researching your topic. Welcome aboard.

SGT7477
02-20-08, 09:13 AM
Welcome to The Few The Proud The Marines and don't ever forget we DO It Best.

davblay
02-20-08, 09:21 AM
Ah..wouldn't it be sweet if all poolees were as considerate as this one? Welcome to the site Poolee, ask away and we'll try to help you out! :marine:

Dave

MotivatorOfTheGuard
02-20-08, 10:48 AM
Welcome aboard poolee. Sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders! Remember this, especially if you want to be an officer. A good leader knows when to follow, and where he leads, others follow willingly. And remember, the time between today and your ship date is not time to be spent drinking all the beer you can, chasing all the tail you want, and soaking up TV rays. Use this time to prepare yourself physically and mentally. Spend as much time with your recruiters as you can so that you can learn now, ahead of time rank structure, chain of command, general orders, and other things about the every day Marine Corps life that will allow you in Boot Camp to focus on other things. Do Well, Work Hard, and Semper Fidelis...