PDA

View Full Version : Receiving

119Wrestler
02-19-08, 11:40 PM
I just saw a hidden clip from Ears Open, Eyeballs Click, and they let a recruit keep his bible. I thought they didnt let you keep anything.

So can you keep your bible? Or was he just a lucky one?

Twehman
02-19-08, 11:43 PM
You are allowed to keep your Bible.

119Wrestler
02-19-08, 11:48 PM
cooool.
What do you take to receving

gnarkill04
02-19-08, 11:50 PM
You... don't take anything to receiving. Well, you do but all your civilian stuff gets taken and put in the infamous "brown paper bag[s]"

bgsuwoody
02-20-08, 05:27 AM
Or it goes in the infamous blue money valuable bags if its authorized to be kept like a wallet or something

Mondo0707
02-20-08, 08:21 PM
So how was receving? Someone told me that you dont sleep for 3 days straight is that true?

BlindZeal08
02-20-08, 08:25 PM
Yah, then you have to run the IST....:sick:

yellowwing
02-20-08, 08:28 PM
There is a Sticky post in the Poolee Hall from a Series Gunny what you can take to MCRD Training. Evidently hair dryers is not one of the items.

Marine84
02-20-08, 08:44 PM
Evidently hair dryers is not one of the items.

You owe me a new laptop dude!

PatriotGirl422
02-20-08, 08:46 PM
There is a Sticky post in the Poolee Hall from a Series Gunny what you can take to MCRD Training. Evidently hair dryers is not one of the items.

Haha I remember that! The kid bringing the hair dryer when he's not gonna have any hair to dry. Maybe it was a symbolic gesture?

But on a serious note, I have said this before and I will probably say it for years to come: Receiving was the worst few days of my life. Never in my life have I ever been so scared, confused, or out of control. It's a total change from anything you've experienced before. But, I still have held onto everything I've learned in boot camp since that first day in receiving, and it has forever changed me and made me into the Marine that I'll always be.

thewookie
02-20-08, 09:03 PM
Lets see, 17 years ago today I was in receiving, day 2. This is what I remember from receiving at Parris Island...

We got off the bus and on the yellow footprints late at night, and from that point on they just went crazy on our azzes, DI's coming out of every direction, a complete sensory overload. They made us fill out paperwork, got our heads shaved, got some shots, the basic gear issued,,,and "found other ways" to keep us up for at least 36 hours. I was told later it's to get everyone on the same sleep schedule. After the first day or two in receiving it seemed to me like it was going to be a piece of cake. I actually wrote a letter home to my mother and I told her that "it wasn't that bad at all."

Then we got picked up....

Wyoming
02-20-08, 10:06 PM
I gotta dumazz question - after we got offen the bus and onto them yaller footprints, did we really stay up for over a week without sleep?

And tell me, that retard that ****ed off the DI, did they ever find his body?

This has bothered me for over 40 years!!!

****!!!

RockSteady85
02-21-08, 10:02 PM
Receiving sucked, I will just put that out there right now. It was MEANT to completely fluster you. It wasn't completely lethal though. You only lose sleep that first night in receiving, and even then they tell you to put your heads down on the desks on whatever classroom you are in in receiving...even though you're not really supposed to sleep, that's why they tell you to do that. But you'll get woken up rather rudely - and get used to that! LOL. Women take their IST on Friday and men on Saturday. You pass that, then you're on to forming next.