PDA

View Full Version : Latest Date to Change Ship Date

FeMzZ
02-19-08, 09:26 PM
right now im schedules for MCRDPI on 20080707. Mainly because i have to wait to graduate on 20080607. Exactly 1 month before. I want to get everything done with because i was to be a Marine as fast as possible. I mean within months of graduating i can eb able to say i am where i want to be in life when most if not all of my fellow classmates will rpobably not even have started their college classes yet let alone earned the title of Marine. So yes, i am anxious, but im not some squirrel.

I spoke to my recruiter about moving my ship date up about 2 weeks or even 3 if i can pick my grades up and ensure that i wont accidently slack and let them slide and then end up taking 5 days of senior summerschool. So 2 weeks atleast seems good to me. But he said wait for April to make a move on that, something with a volunteer thing/bonus. He knows i am joining the Corps not for the money(i actually trold him straight out) and he said he's glad i am joining fior honor and to be a true Marine so if he can move my date up and add put some $ in my pocket he said he would be glad to. I guess thats alright to wait but i only care about moving my date up, the Corps can keep the bonus. So when would be the latest time i can move my date up? I just want to make sure because just in case my recruiter doesnt realize smoething i want to be able to say, "Lets move it up now, sorry but i appreciate the help but the bonus means nothing to me, lets make me ship a few weeks earlier"

gnarkill04
02-19-08, 09:31 PM
It's basically up to your recruiter. Although, you can tell him you don't want the bonus you just want your ship date moved up as much as possible. But he might not be able to.