PDA

View Full Version : Security Clearance

jrhd97
02-19-08, 05:11 PM
How can one find the status of there security clearance? The clearance comes up for review in Sept., and there is a " hit " against. Nothing more is known. My brother-in-law continues to ask the company, a DOD contractor, and they claim they don't know and can't find out.

Zulu 36
02-19-08, 07:55 PM
How can one find the status of there security clearance? The clearance comes up for review in Sept., and there is a " hit " against. Nothing more is known. My brother-in-law continues to ask the company, a DOD contractor, and they claim they don't know and can't find out.

First of all, if he is still doing work that requires the clearance, obviously the status is currently OK. Find out who has the authority to actually grant the clearance and ask them. It may or may not be someone in his company, possibly a DoD liaison of some sort.

That may not work if the "hit" you speak of is still being investigated. Quiet, Secret Squirrels are at work.

Kegler300
02-20-08, 04:39 AM
He needs to talk to the facility security officer for the company he works for. His periodic reinvestigation is probably due in September. As far as a "hit," there might be an issue with credit, but normally that's not discovered until during the course of the investigation. He should request his credit report before he submits his PR. The CAF will normally issue a Letter of Intent with the issues that need to be mitigated by the individual before they will make their final decision to grant eligibility for a security clearance.

jrhd97
02-20-08, 08:41 AM
Thanks for the input. I'll relay the info. The hit came up in Nov. before he EAS'd. Since then they bought a house. Thanks again.