PDA

View Full Version : Medical

Hog
02-19-08, 04:34 PM
What Kind of medical issues will keep you out?? Ive played F-ball since I was 8.

kaboom1371
02-19-08, 04:39 PM
list your medical issues. easier for someone to answere your question.

sparkie
02-19-08, 06:15 PM
Football? My guess, torn maniscus in the knee. Help me out,,, I'm mind readin here. THE GREAT SPARKIE SAYS:::::::::.

Hog
02-19-08, 08:13 PM
Well only things ive reported to med. official. Had surgery on my wrist, which I let go for 2 yrs back in 98-99. Has never botherd me since. In fact the Docs got mad cause I healed to fast... Yes I do push my self. And also had surgery on my ear back in 89
Non-reported med. Broken figures All the time. Knees would bother me every know and then,never took it to Docs though.Neck injury, shoulder inj.
So yes,I have pushed my self an do know what pain is. Im not cocky just trying to state my case.Just wanna be a MARINE!!

Jbthomp
02-19-08, 09:06 PM
At MEPS the only things they had us write down on our medical papers were any surgeries or emercency room visits we'd had. We had to put down a general idea of what happened, and any doctor contact info we had. If we had no contact info, they told us not to worry about it.

If you've had any significant surgeries that required any stay in a hospital or physical rehabilitation, you should talk to your recruiter and they should be able to shoot you pretty straight.

jackson07
02-19-08, 09:07 PM
Sound good overall, just your normal active teenager problems. Talk to a recruiter of course. But you should really be fine.

Motto Poolee
02-19-08, 09:11 PM
Will a case of Eczema get me thrown out down at the Island?

Hog
02-19-08, 10:00 PM
Sounds good guys.Should be ok then. How does the BFI go? Im 6'0 230. And how can they tell if your over wt.? I was twice the size of the recruiters in the office. Felt like I was obese. But do lift wts 5 days a week and just know my nutrition. Would they tell me to try and loose some wt.?

Jbthomp
02-19-08, 10:05 PM
The magic of google.

Search: Marines Body Mass Index

Second result: http://usmilitary.about.com/od/theorderlyroom/a/bodyfat.htm

All answers present.

Motto Poolee
02-19-08, 10:08 PM
And the Maine Corps just lowered the weight for which you can join. Along with the whole training at MCRD.

Patriot34
02-20-08, 11:08 AM
At MEPS the only things they had us write down on our medical papers were any surgeries or emercency room visits we'd had. We had to put down a general idea of what happened, and any doctor contact info we had. If we had no contact info, they told us not to worry about it.

If you've had any significant surgeries that required any stay in a hospital or physical rehabilitation, you should talk to your recruiter and they should be able to shoot you pretty straight.

ummm... what if i easily had over 100 procedures and several surgeries? (that was when I had cancer, but now I am currently 100% cured. Bone marrow transplant)

MotivatorOfTheGuard
02-20-08, 11:28 AM
ummm... what if i easily had over 100 procedures and several surgeries? (that was when I had cancer, but now I am currently 100% cured. Bone marrow transplant)

Thats incredible! I think you'll be the talk of the town at MEPS. You'll be the hard chargin moto story for your recruiter thats for sure!

Jbthomp
02-20-08, 03:11 PM
I had a tumor removed, and the only thing that really mattered with that was that I was cleared and it was a done deal. So as long as you remember one of your Doctor's contact information so they can call and verify, you should be fine.
Keep in mind, I'm not a Marine, so the person to ask is your recruiter.

Phantom Blooper
02-20-08, 03:24 PM
what if i easily had over 100 procedures and several surgeries? (that was when I had cancer, but now I am currently 100% cured. Bone marrow transplant)

Patriot34,

You told me a few months ago that after your surgeries you had two DNA's ...so it shouldn't really matter they won't know who you are!:banana:

:evilgrin:

Patriot34
02-21-08, 06:52 PM
Ahh, that's right. Phantom saw one of my very first posts explaining my situation. I used to be AB positive blood type. now im just A, so my blood DNA is different than my skin.

Hog
04-04-08, 08:52 AM
Well 7 months to train my A$$ off. Took a yr off from the gym to get ready for the next 6 months of some hardcore training. Wish me luck and hope I dont get hurt.

outlaw3179
04-04-08, 10:20 AM
Biggest thing is this ...

If its not a big deal to you , dont make a big deal of it either on the 2807 or down at MEPS. Also , what you put down on the medical sheet is what you should stick with.

Hog
04-04-08, 11:25 AM
That I will, outlaw. Thanks

xRaVeNx
04-04-08, 02:01 PM
Will a case of Eczema get me thrown out down at the Island?

Eczema is non-waiverable, trust me, they thought I had it, and I had to go to dermatalogist to prove otherwise, and he had to make a statement.

Remember, that doctor at MEPS is not a dermatologist. Take what he says with a grain of salt.