PDA

View Full Version : Finding a DI?

Eric Hood
02-18-08, 01:52 PM
Fellow Marines,
I am sure, this has been asked alot already--Is there a way to locate a former DI?
Semper Fi,
Eric:marine::evilgrin:

SGT7477
02-18-08, 02:07 PM
Fellow Marines,
I am sure, this has been asked alot already--Is there a way to locate a former DI?
Semper Fi,
Eric:marine::evilgrin:
If you find out let me know.:flag:

Eric Hood
02-18-08, 04:47 PM
Will do.
Semper Fi,
Eric

OB MSG
02-19-08, 02:39 PM
If you have access to Marine Online (MOL) then you can input their name and rank and go from there. I have been able to locate my DI's with this. The only catch is if they get out or otherwise remove themselves from MOL. If you are still active or have active friends who have access to the Global Outlook address list then they could look them up in there as well.

Good Luck!

SGT7477
02-19-08, 02:53 PM
I have been out for 30 years and would that still work? If the DI made a career out of the Corp. his rank would be different so how would that work?

MotivatorOfTheGuard
02-19-08, 03:09 PM
the way MOL works is you search with last name, first name, so you dont have to worry about their rank, it will display all Marines with similiar names.

Phantom Winger
02-20-08, 01:03 PM
Try Classmates.com - they have a military section. I was able to find my old Drill Instructor (now retired) who responded to my email (thru classmates.com). Have to admit - still sent a chill up my spine reading it but it was good to hear from him. Found out sadly, my Senior Drill Instructor lost his fight with cancer a few years ago.

Best of luck!

SGT7477
02-20-08, 02:31 PM
the way MOL works is you search with last name, first name, so you dont have to worry about their rank, it will display all Marines with similiar names.
Never knew the DI's first names.:flag:

Eric Hood
02-20-08, 05:36 PM
Sure DIs have first names. "Sir".
Thanks for the help.
Semper Fi,
Eric:usmc:

SGT7477
02-20-08, 08:18 PM
Eric I wish there was someway a person could punch in the platoon no. and date,lol.

Eric Hood
02-22-08, 10:25 AM
Sgt,
That is a great idea. If I had the time and the knowledge, I would start a data base.
Semper Fi,
Eric:evilgrin:

SGT7477
02-22-08, 11:07 AM
I would think someone out there would know, Semper FI.

silverdollar
03-09-08, 01:19 PM
I wish that I could remember my platoon number.:(

ExPISCDI83
03-09-08, 02:19 PM
Although I have not tried to hide, I did leave the Marine Corps in 1987. I do know that SOME former DIs dont want to be found. I guess for fear of retribution for past atrocities LOL.

Anyway, you have to figure that if you did find one, if he did any time at all "on the street" and although you will remember him/her until the day you die, in reality, you will be one of literally hundreds of recruits that he/she trained. (Remember that ALL recruits look the same). Although he probably knew your name while you were there, time does tend to erase the old hard drive and he might not remember who you are specifically. So dont get your feelings hurt. Its been about 25 years since my time at Parris Island and every once in a while I look through the old PLT books, some faces are familiar but thats about it. I do recall LOTS of things that happened, but to put names to the players involved is tough.

Just the opinion of 1 former PI DI.

SGT7477
03-09-08, 02:54 PM
I did meet my SDI while I was at Okinawa what a fine Marine,OOHRAH.