PDA

View Full Version : Mcl, Mca, Wma?

catherineusmc
02-18-08, 12:11 AM
Marine Corps League, Marine Corps Association, Women Marines Association...

Differences between them? (of course I realize that the WMA is for women-duh.)
What do they do?

I have seen the names around, but don't really know much about these organizations. I would appreciate any information from people who know a bit about them. Thanks!

Phantom Blooper
02-18-08, 05:31 AM
These are all service organizations like the DAV,VFW,American Legion,AMVETS,Paralyzed Veterans,VV of America,Purple Hearts and many more. Each has there own agenda in helping Marines and service members either through disability compensation,VA advocates,scholarships,political lobbying,social gatherings. You need to provide proof of service, disability,foreign or combat service. There are dues for annual or lifetime or may and could be waived.

Each organization is good in its own right and as with any organization is constantly looking for ways to make money,donations and volunteers. Each does well with visiting and helping at active duty military and VA hospitals.

I would suggest to put in each organization into a search engine and seen the difference and what they do. Also made to light in the past few years is where the money is actually going to. So you can find out whether or not you want to join or donate.

Also be aware that the FNG or gal will be open when you walk in the hatch that they find you young or new and want you on a committee or to volunteer your services.

Good luck! And don't look at my comments as as a soothsayer or doomsday as each of these organizations including the ones you mentioned do well for the veteran in their own right....just be aware and pick your own poison own the local front...that is where the most good is at besides the state or national whom is more concerned with the here and now and limelight in DC.:evilgrin:

Marine84
02-18-08, 06:48 PM
I'm a life member of the WMA - check out their site - http://www.womenmarines.org/

We also have local chapters that have been started up in different areas - we get together for different things, do parades and stuff, hand out Molly Marine awards at high schools that have a Marine Crops ROTC, have national reunions every other year (this year is in Houston).

sparkie
02-18-08, 07:41 PM
Thought about joining a good group like those,,, but I don't volunteer for much $hit anymore,,,,, Been there, done that.

semperfiman
02-18-08, 08:51 PM
http://www.mcleague.org/ this is for Marines and Corpsman we are always looking for new blood