PDA

View Full Version : Some advice to make boot camp mentally easier

Accord
02-17-08, 07:10 PM
When I was in boot camp, it got really bad and I mean really ****ing bad at times but not only was graduation day and all that in the back of my head and I knew it would be worth it in the end, but the one thing I always kept in mind was that no matter how bad it ever got in boot camp, there was always some Marine somewhere deployed overseas currently engaged in combat with people trying to kill him and anything that happens at boot camp no matter how bad it seems at the time pales in comparison.

That helped me get through boot camp and make things a little easier everyday for me mentally, and now that i'm going to Afghanistan in just a couple weeks to run counter insurgency operations for god only knows how long, for you poolees about to leave for boot camp just remember that when you're on the quarterdeck, Marines like me will be on a 3 week long patrol engaged in combat in the most dangerous place in the world, and mabye boot camp won't seem so bad when you think of that.

RYDERKUR
02-17-08, 07:14 PM
Good adivce there Accord. Good luck and God speed overseas. Remember DI SSgt Robinson's advice, slow is smooth and smooth is fast.