PDA

View Full Version : Semper Fi

thedrifter
02-17-08, 09:37 AM
Semper Fi
The Charlie Daniels Band (Soapbox) ^ | Feb 15, 2008 | Charlie Daniels

Semper Fi

I don't live in Berkeley, California nor do I ever intend to, so it is actually none of my business what the politicians out there do.

But I do happen to be an avid supporter and admirer of the United States Marine Corp., so it is some of mine and every other American's business how they are treated anywhere, Berkeley, California not withstanding.

Yesterday I watched a shave tail college student, probably going to school on daddy's money, who probably knows as much about the real world as a hog knows about an airplane, stand in front of the television cameras and say that the city of Berkeley wants the Marine Corp. recruiters out.

The city council has gone so far as to label all the military recruiters intruders and said they had a violent influence on the city's youth.

Well let's just take a look at this situation. Berkeley doesn't want the military recruiters in town so to me that means that they don't want the military in town so I propose the following.

Whereas the city of Berkeley California considers military recruiters, "intruders" and feel they have a "violent influence" on the youth of that city, we the people believing in states rights therefore propose the following.

All military personnel serving anywhere within the city limits of Berkeley, California will immediately be ordered out of the area. This includes all National Guard and reserve units.

Be it known that as of this date no federal troops from any branch of the armed forces will respond to any situation arising within the Berkeley city limits or on the campus of the University of Berkeley.

The quelling of any riots or uprisings of any nature will be the responsibility of local law enforcement and the citizens of Berkeley. Any terrorist attacks occurring in the Berkeley city limits will not, repeat not, be responded to by federal military troops or National Guard.

In the interim during the removal of all troops from Berkeley all military personnel will be informed that they may lawfully defend their person or property from any threats of bodily harm issued by the citizens of Berkeley and may answer insults in any way they deem necessary, up to and including telling some loudmouthed, wet behind the ears frat rat that if it were not for the Marine Corp. he wouldn't be able to open his mouth, much less try to defame the honor of the heroes of Iwo Jima, Guadalcanal, Tarawa and other places he probably can't even find on the world map.

Oh and by the way, when the terrorists arrive, and they will, be sure to tell them that you hate America too and that you're on their side and maybe they'll l take your heads off with one whack instead of using their time honored sawing method.

Semper Fi

Pray for our troops

What do you think?

God Bless America

Charlie Daniels

February 15, 2008

Ellie