PDA

View Full Version : Comedian Christian Finnegan Gives Marines Afternoon Comic Relief

thedrifter
02-17-08, 07:27 AM
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Comedian Christian Finnegan Gives Marines Afternoon Comic Relief

Tia Bracey
Henderson Hall News

Marriage, arrogant friends, and mullets were a few of the topics comedian Christian Finnegan talked about in his routine at Headquarters Battalion, Headquarters Marine Corps, Henderson Hall Base Theater yesterday. Born and raised in the New England area, and currently based in New York Finnegan did not hesitate to stop by Henderson Hall to do a free show for Marines and Department of Defense (DoD) employees. Combat Correspondent Lance Cpl. Kristen Silvers requested the visit and Finnegan whole-heartedly obliged.

“The show was hilarious,” exclaimed,” Separations and Retirement Clerk Lance Cpl. Joshua Sims. “I watch his show on VH1 and I thought he was funny then, but he is even funnier in person.” Finnegan had the theater filled with laughter for an hour as he talked about his childhood events and five-minute arguments he has with his wife. His narrative jokes delivered strong punch lines that had Marines in constant laughter.

“Witty” was how Marine of Quarter, Lance Cpl. Zachary Walker described Finnegan’s humor. Walker also believes that the show was exiting to the “Corps.”

“The show was stupendous,” said Walker. “I had lots of fun. He totally blew my mind with his humor.”

Finnegan delighted Henderson Hall Marines and DoD employees with his “witty” humor. Sims believes that it was awesome to have a celebrity like him come by the base and entertain service members for free out of his own time.

“He is a wonderful comedian,” said Gunnery Sgt. Vito Harris. “He came to support the troops and show appreciation for the Marines and that is great.” Finnegan is currently on tour and is performing at the D.C. Improv Comedy/ Restaurant, Washington, D.C until Sunday. For more information, visit his website at www.christianfinnegan.com.

Ellie