PDA

View Full Version : We ask the tough questions

MillRatUSMC
04-15-03, 07:23 AM
From this old recon trained Marine, we observed that only the female soldiers were shot.
PFC Lynch and Johnson suffered wounds.
Why did they suffer bullet wounds and the males lack any bullet wounds?
It's a tough question but it needs to be asked.
I'm sure that it will be asked at the POW's debriefing.
We're still await any answer of how PFC Lynch suffered fractures of both legs and one arm, beside an injury to her spine.
Torture?
Another though question that needs to be asked.

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo

GunnerMike
04-15-03, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by MillRatUSMC
From this old recon trained Marine, we observed that only the female soldiers were shot.
PFC Lynch and Johnson suffered wounds.
Why did they suffer bullet wounds and the males lack any bullet wounds?
It's a tough question but it needs to be asked.
I'm sure that it will be asked at the POW's debriefing.
We're still await any answer of how PFC Lynch suffered fractures of both legs and one arm, beside an injury to her spine.
Torture?
Another though question that needs to be asked.

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo

Another factor that has befuddled me is where are the SNCO's and Officers?

yellowwing
04-15-03, 08:13 AM
"An Army captain in the Humvee -- the senior officer -- drove the vehicle carrying wounded soldiers through the gunfire. According to one account, the officer drove nearly four miles before being forced to stop because his tires had been crippled by gunshots." - NY Times reprint (http://www.accessatlanta.com/ajc/news/iraq/0303/29bodiesfound.html)

ladileathrnek
04-15-03, 08:51 AM
Johnson says they didn't realize she was a woman until they opened her jacket. That might explain why they took Lynch and left her. They haven't asked Lynch the tough questions yet to let her heal physically in a safe place and feel safe enough to let the story come out. I am sure her injuries will involve more than just the broken bones that people have questions about....after looking at the play palaces that these guys had and the pictures of the president's daughters as being a prize they wanted. It may be that she doesn't have a memory of some of it, just the pain.

ladileathrnek
04-15-03, 08:54 AM
Gunner: Remember this vehicle got lost from the convoy. Sgt Riley was the lead in the vehicle. They haven't shown the leaders from this convoy. I am SURE they have been "questioned" but I would also like to know, when did they realize they had lost a vehicle.

GunnerMike
04-15-03, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by ladileathrnek
Gunner: Remember this vehicle got lost from the convoy. Sgt Riley was the lead in the vehicle. They haven't shown the leaders from this convoy. I am SURE they have been "questioned" but I would also like to know, when did they realize they had lost a vehicle.

Having been a SNCO and a CWO, I don't think that I'd didi mau and leave my people. I'll go into hull defilade and wait for further word, but I think that will be highly sanitized.

ladileathrnek
04-15-03, 09:37 AM
EXACTLY!!!! Brings to mind the Marine that was left in the desert in 29 Palms couple of years ago.

GunnerMike
04-15-03, 12:30 PM
In another thread, a story is highlighted about two Marines who wanted to get back to their unit.

'Mojo' and 'Mad Dog' prove their mettle

By Mark Oliva, Stars and Stripes
European edition, Tuesday, April 15, 2003

firstsgtmike expressed it eloquently, "Sorry folks, “

I had a sense of responsibility to finish the mission,” Rodriguez said. “I made a personal promise to myself to bring everyone of my Marines home, so I had to come back to take care of them.”

What he said was, "I am a Marine!" The rest of the article was written for civilians, because all it did was to show, in THIS instance, what it took to be a Marine. . Anything less, and he could have been in the air farce.

Thank you 1stSgt Mike, I could always rely on my SNCO's.

yellowwing
04-15-03, 01:20 PM
Right on Gunner! I don't want to be quick to judge the Army captain, I was not there. But the idea of leaving fellow warriors behind really puts a cold pit in my stomach.

GunnerMike
04-15-03, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by yellowwing
Right on Gunner! I don't want to be quick to judge the Army captain, I was not there. But the idea of leaving fellow warriors behind really puts a cold pit in my stomach.

I'm not judging, just wondering. In the bush an Officer always eats last, goes to sleep last, and should extricate last. But those are Marine standards; Marines don't salute/wear covers indoors except when underarms unlike other branches.

lurchenstein
04-15-03, 02:24 PM
GunnerMike
Another factor that has befuddled me is where are the SNCO's and Officers?

CWO Mata and 1ST SGT Dowdy were KIA. No account of any other Officers & SNCO's.

[http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2003-04-11-bliss-memorial_x.htm[/URL]

Frank
04-15-03, 04:54 PM
You beat me to it, Chris. My wife participated in CWO Johnny Mata's funeral Saturday in Pecos, Texas. Around 2,000 folks attended, including a LtGenl and Command SgtMaj from Ft. Bliss in El Paso. Procession from funeral home to cemetery 2 miles away took 45 minutes. May all our KIA's rest in peace...

Semper Fidelis, Frank

Kalbo
04-15-03, 05:12 PM
I got one.

How come all these hollywood protestors who are so much against the war have made a living off of war movies and tv shows? To me it seems two faced. For example, Mike Farrel (MASH) and Martin Sheen (Apocalypse Now).

Semper Fi,
Bill