PDA

View Full Version : Unhappy

Localgirl420
02-13-08, 12:57 AM
Alright I hope this is correct place to put this if not SORRY..
Well here is the situation that we are in. Hubby is prior Marine and currently in the Army. Well since the begining of his assignment in the Army he has NOT BE HAPPY at ALL. And the Call of the CORP is calling him back. It saddens me to see that he so wants to get back in the corp.
So I was just wondering if anyone knows what we should do. I don't want him to stay in the Army if he is not happy but if he goes back in the Corp he would get busted down in rank but he would be Happy. So there is the dilema. Choose to lose rank and be happy or choose to pick up rank an be depressed about being in the Army. I want what is best for my hubby and what will make him happy. Because each time we see a fellow Marine he has that GLOW in him that I see each time. And the longer we stay in the Army I see that Twinkle and Glow just disapper.
We've already spoken to recruiters and because of his Rank that he got as they say that he may not have a chance to get back in. He got out as a LCPL served from 1998 to 2001. The 2 reason was his MJPs that he got which is the reason why he didn't pick up rank but I know for sure that he got as honorable with the chance to reenlist if he so choose too. Well since joining the Army in 2004 and seeing that its nothing like being in the Corp makes him want to get back in Corp more then ever.
If anyone out there has any suggestions we are all for it right about now. Because we are weighing our decisions now as we speak. We've heard of a possiblity of during a laterial? I think it is back in the Corp but I think this would highly be impossible. But of course nothing is impossible right unless you do it. So anyone HELP!!
THANKS...
SEMPER FI!!!

Phantom Blooper
02-13-08, 05:21 AM
If he's UNHAPPY and KNOWS it STOMP HIS feet all the way to a Marine Corps recruiters office and see what can be done with the current situation. His 2 prior NJP's may have a detrimental effect on...

kaboom1371
02-13-08, 07:35 AM
nothing compares to getting up in the morning and going to a job that you enjoy. If he is miserable in the Army he needs to seriously talk to a recruiter and see what they can do for him. I would take a paycut and rescently have to have a better shift and a crew that I like working with more. Well worth the loss. Money can't buy happiness.

yellowwing
02-13-08, 09:35 AM
And dying in your bed many years from
now, would you be willing to trade
all the days from this day to that,
for one chance to come back here as
young men, and tell our enemies that
they make take our lives, but they
will never take our freedom?
No we never really did join for the money. I wonder if there is a way to transfer the Army obligtion. Or does he have a year left on the Army contract?

Sgt Leprechaun
02-14-08, 09:06 AM
I sent this one here from 'all experts'. 2 NJP's and such *may* mean a funky discharge, which will have to be taken care of prior to the Corps taking another chance on this Marine. Likely he will...

ttracker65
02-19-08, 09:28 PM
Please remember the action word here. Time in service, most services rank are date coded with the exception of the Marine corps starting at E-3 you have a cutting score at E-6 you have regimental/presedentiel exception which means he has to not only pass physical, prac ap, NJP but also has to submit a pic for approvel. But if I know Marines bottem line will be that does not matter. Being back among Brothers does. Good luck to him and his career choice. Semper Fi

ggyoung
02-20-08, 10:37 AM
My God I would be unhappy if I was any were around lawton, ok too. That has to be the sh&&hole of the world. I was there in 68 when I went to artty search light school. Stinks.

MotivatorOfTheGuard
02-20-08, 10:56 AM
You can take the Marine out of the Corps, but you can't take the Corps out of the Marine

Quijano32ICO
02-27-08, 08:47 PM
I am prior service and now I am in the Coast Guard... localGirl420 he has to do what is going to make him happy, and if going back in is going to do that for him, then losing a rank (that's also if his 2 NJP's are not a factor) shouldn't be an issue for either of you.

Good luck to him, cos God knows I tried to come back in, but my scores were not good enough to do anything else other than be an 0311. And I had already been out 8 F'n years, so don't let him make that mistake. I still and will always be hard for the MARINES.

mike christy
02-27-08, 09:23 PM
You can take the Marine out of the Corps, but you can't take the Corps out of the Marine

:thumbup: 30 years out but still there in heart & soul :flag:

Localgirl420
03-06-08, 09:35 AM
For those that responded, hubby got a 1A on his DD214 for the Corp and he is active duty army as of right now. He did 4yrs in the Corp:flag: and now 5yrs in the Army. And I think I'm holding on to his dreams about going back in the Corp. I'm just a wife who wants the best for my hubby and I just want him to be happy. Sorry for complaining and gripping about this but what better place to do. Anyways you all have a great weekend and I hope and prayer that we get the answer we get for him to go back in the Corp.

Alright I hope this is correct place to put this if not SORRY..
Well here is the situation that we are in. Hubby is prior Marine and currently in the Army. Well since the begining of his assignment in the Army he has NOT BE HAPPY at ALL. And the Call of the CORP is calling him back. It saddens me to see that he so wants to get back in the corp.
So I was just wondering if anyone knows what we should do. I don't want him to stay in the Army if he is not happy but if he goes back in the Corp he would get busted down in rank but he would be Happy. So there is the dilema. Choose to lose rank and be happy or choose to pick up rank an be depressed about being in the Army. I want what is best for my hubby and what will make him happy. Because each time we see a fellow Marine he has that GLOW in him that I see each time. And the longer we stay in the Army I see that Twinkle and Glow just disapper.
We've already spoken to recruiters and because of his Rank that he got as they say that he may not have a chance to get back in. He got out as a LCPL served from 1998 to 2001. The 2 reason was his MJPs that he got which is the reason why he didn't pick up rank but I know for sure that he got as honorable with the chance to reenlist if he so choose too. Well since joining the Army in 2004 and seeing that its nothing like being in the Corp makes him want to get back in Corp more then ever.
If anyone out there has any suggestions we are all for it right about now. Because we are weighing our decisions now as we speak. We've heard of a possiblity of during a laterial? I think it is back in the Corp but I think this would highly be impossible. But of course nothing is impossible right unless you do it. So anyone HELP!!
THANKS...
SEMPER FI!!!

yellowwing
03-06-08, 10:01 AM
Good to hear from you again LocalGirl. Get your husband on this site and he can keep in touch with The Corps for another year until his Army contract completes.

Then he would be in a good position to make some informed decisions.

Localgirl420
03-06-08, 03:31 PM
Good to hear from you again LocalGirl. Get your husband on this site and he can keep in touch with The Corps for another year until his Army contract completes.

Then he would be in a good position to make some informed decisions.

He is actually about 11mos out of his Army contract. His ETS is in Feb. '09. So I'm hoping and praying that he will be able to get back in the Corp. But thanks for replying..

Sgt Leprechaun
03-08-08, 09:41 AM
Good deal. Don't give up the ship! Keep us in the loop and encourage him to come here as well!

ExPISCDI83
03-08-08, 12:10 PM
Being a Marine who hasnt been in the Corps for over 20 years and trying to fit in elsewhere and always feeling like a square peg trying to fit in the civilian world's round hole, My advice is to tell him to pull out all the stops, investigate every possibility to "come home". Since leaving the Corps in April '87, I joined the Army Nasty Guard and now I am an active duty Commissioned Officer in another service. I am a Registered Nurse now and being so old, kinda limits me, but not a day passes when I dont think about the Corps.
Since joining this site, thoughts of the Corps are more frequent now, and so I am investigating an interservice transfer to the Navy and hope to be assigned with or around the Corps. I could care less about being on a ship unless I am attached to a Marine Unit.
So I encourage your Marine Husband return to the Corps.