PDA

View Full Version : New Member

Bullpup
02-12-08, 10:07 PM
Hello all,
My name is David and I am a brand new member. I am a poolee and I found this site very helpful five months ago when I made the choice to try and become a Marine. Thank you all for that.

A little about me: I am 18 years old, I ship to Boot Camp (San Diego) on June 21st 2008, and yes I am another darn recon wannabe with a UZ contract. I am a senior in highschool and I am in okay shape. MY last PFT score was a 274 after a very light workout. My biggest weakness is the running. My best
mile and a half time was 8 minutes but my three mile time is closer to 21 minutes. Sorry thats all probably a lot more info then you guys need.

Just felt like introducing myself.
-David

DEAVILA
02-12-08, 11:39 PM
Hey there BullPup...

Im Nancy..Poolee DeAvila...just wanted to welcome you to Leatherneck. You will find that being part of this site is going to help you out a lot. That can mean learning your USMC knowledge, or just hearing all the crazy and wild stories that these Marines have to tell ya.

Just to let you know..we have a mid-week Poolee Chat..In the Chatroom of course..on Thursday..and also on Sunday...starting at 1900 East Coast Time..Hope to see ya there!..

If you have any questions..or just want to talk..Send me a PM..

Motto Poolee
02-12-08, 11:50 PM
Welcome aboard, same goes for me, Poole DeAvila and I ship the same date, and we both have been in the DEP for a long time, any questions feel free to ask myself as well.

Bullrider
02-12-08, 11:52 PM
Welcome BullPup, all the Marines/most of the wannabes are very insightful on most questions so dont be afraid to ask.

Congrats on the decision to join the Marine Corps as well.

skaterjon89
02-13-08, 12:40 AM
Although before you do ask a question PLEASE search :) I don't get on the poolee chat almost ever, so you will see me roaming around the threads until I leave for boot in a week... Just don't be a smartass, know it all, THINK you have it in the bag, RESPECT the Marines and other poolee/wannabee's, spelling is always a plus, if I have anymore things to add I'll add it...

WELCOME!!! :) Enjoy your stay.

ZaCo
02-13-08, 05:16 AM
Welcome Bullpup!!! Like many of us have found out, this website is an asset! Listen to the bit of advice the poolees here have said. RESPECT, RESPECT, RESPECT!!! Jon is right on.
Keep up the good work on training! My one word of advice. Run everyday, doesn't have to be far. Just run everyday and you'll be surprised how strong your legs, abs, and feet get.
If you have any questions you can ask me. But like Jon, I leave in a week. Good luck and God speed!