PDA

View Full Version : Just a couple questions.

Cryptic
02-12-08, 09:08 PM
Hey Marines. I've been surfing these boards for a while, and just now decided to make an account.

At the moment I'm working as hard as I can to get into the best shape possible. I'm not TOO weak, I wrestled for two years and I am an avid paintballer, plus we PTed a lot in MCJROTC last semester. I can do 50~ push-ups, 80~ sit-ups (2 minutes), and 6~ pull-ups (Before MCJROTC I could barely do one). The last mile I ran was at about 9 minutes if I remember correctly.

Anyhow, I've got a couple questions. I'm a Sophomore in my second semester of High School, and I was wondering if I would be able to attend the local Poolee Functions or not. I just switched to Night School, or I'd ask the Marine Recruiter at my school. I'll be 17 in July.

Cryptic
02-12-08, 10:36 PM
Forgot to add that I haven't enlisted, which brought the question about.

DobbinsBlythe
02-12-08, 10:50 PM
You might actually want to go to the poolee boards.. just because I think they have a lot of insight there (poolees and Marines).

:D

Cryptic
02-12-08, 11:04 PM
Yeah I tried posting it in the Recruiting boards, it said I wasn't authorized though.

DobbinsBlythe
02-12-08, 11:09 PM
oh LOL sorry. Maybe try calling your recruiter's office during normal hours or.. on Saturdays? They don't really sleep.

Another idea is the chat room. Right now is too late I think b/c it's a school night, but you should be able to get some questions answered. Did you try the "Ask A Marine" board?

Cryptic
02-12-08, 11:14 PM
Yes'm, I think I'll take your advice and call the recruiting office. Should've done that before posting here anyways.

Thanks. ( :