PDA

View Full Version : Do I post this here??

Hog
02-12-08, 08:08 PM
Not sure, but a moderator will move it,if need be. Well heres my story. I am a 27 yr old male looking to get in the Marines. I know now I have till the end of my 28th yr old.(Not 32 like I have seen in this forum, and no Im not an old 27 either!!) I have read that if your on probation(which I am) that the Marines can sign a waiver( I do not have a criminal record, it was a misdemeanor). The recruiter said that they cant do that. I read here they can. I am on probation till Nov. of next yr. I will be 28 then and should be able to get in.I have already took the ASVAB and past it cause at the time I was very serious about becoming a Marine. Now is all I said true? What is this waiver thing and how can it help?This is also weird. The offense was in Ind. and I now live in TN. and all I do is call once a month. I never have to see anyone so Im assuming I could tell them that. Would that help? Thanks Yall

rvillac2
02-12-08, 11:43 PM
Whatever you think you've "read" you've clearly got it wrong. You cannot enlist while you are actively serving a sentence. You are on informal probation which is still a sentence.

What you will need a waiver for is your criminal record. It won't be too difficult to get waived for a misdemeanor, but you will still have to wait until you have completed your sentence and are off probation.

skaterjon89
02-13-08, 12:20 AM
My suggestions also NEVER LIE about something like that, a guy at my RSS lied, and last minute they found a felony on his record he failed to disclose, and the only thing he wanted to do was become a Marine, now he can never become one. The Gunny tried to work his magic as Recruiter of the Year, still nada, so my advice, do not fail to disclose that, it could bite you in the ass...

PatriotGirl422
02-13-08, 09:00 AM
The poolee is correct, never lie about anything. My advice to you would to just go talk to the recruiter. He's the one who will have the knowledge of what to do for your particular situation. You can get a waiver for certain past offenses, but you can't sign a contract while you're still serving a sentence. Also, you said you took the asvab before...those scores are only good for 2 years. So, make sure that your scores are current before you do anything.

LeonardLawrence
02-13-08, 05:25 PM
My suggestions also NEVER LIE about something like that, a guy at my RSS lied, and last minute they found a felony on his record he failed to disclose, and the only thing he wanted to do was become a Marine, now he can never become one. The Gunny tried to work his magic as Recruiter of the Year, still nada, so my advice, do not fail to disclose that, it could bite you in the ass...

Or have the MPs pull you out of Recruit Training when it comes out.

No enlistment in any branch for active cases....until the record is closed.

darkgreen0311
02-13-08, 08:15 PM
Patriot Girl and the poolee are correct don't lie i remember recruits being kicked out of Boot Camp for things that were not disclosed to their recruiters.I guess they thought they had gotten away with it. Once it was discovered in Boot Camp they were booted out.

:marine: :flag:

Hog
02-13-08, 08:22 PM
The poolee is correct, never lie about anything. My advice to you would to just go talk to the recruiter. He's the one who will have the knowledge of what to do for your particular situation. You can get a waiver for certain past offenses, but you can't sign a contract while you're still serving a sentence. Also, you said you took the asvab before...those scores are only good for 2 years. So, make sure that your scores are current before you do anything.I cant remeber exactly when I took it I think it might have beena year or so, so far. My recruiter is the first person I told when my offense happend so he knew and wrote a letter to the court to try and help butter it up a little. It worked to an extent. Could have been alot worse but only a year probation....Better then doing time which I could have. This case will be dismissed when my probation is over. Does that help a little??

Hog
02-15-08, 08:34 PM
:iwo: Well??

sparkie
02-15-08, 08:38 PM
Get a job at circuit city.

Hog
02-15-08, 10:37 PM
Get a job at circuit city.A$$!! Wouldnt wanna take your managment position, there rocket.:nerd:

LeonardLawrence
02-15-08, 10:43 PM
I cant remeber exactly when I took it I think it might have beena year or so, so far. My recruiter is the first person I told when my offense happend so he knew and wrote a letter to the court to try and help butter it up a little. It worked to an extent. Could have been alot worse but only a year probation....Better then doing time which I could have. This case will be dismissed when my probation is over. Does that help a little??

That helps a little, because the answer is still no.

LeonardLawrence
02-15-08, 10:44 PM
A$$!! Wouldnt wanna take your managment position, there rocket.:nerd:

This helps ALOT...:mad: the answer is definitely NO!:devious:

Wyoming
02-15-08, 10:55 PM

27yo plumbers butt criminal record arsehole.

You fvck with one Marine, you fvck with then all.

And a VietNam Vet to boot.

Go Army!!!

Hog
02-15-08, 11:10 PM
[quote=LeonardLawrence]This helps ALOT...:mad: the answer is definitely NO!:devious:[/quoThats all I needed to know. Geez.

Hog
02-15-08, 11:15 PM
27yo plumbers butt criminal record arsehole.

You fvck with one Marine, you fvck with then all.

And a VietNam Vet to boot.

Go Army!!!Thats all I needed to know. Geez.

rvillac2
02-15-08, 11:22 PM

You better check yourself.

Don't go away mad, just go away.

Wyoming
02-15-08, 11:24 PM
Thats all I needed to know. Geez.

Regular literate type!!!

Go Army!!!!

LeonardLawrence
02-16-08, 12:03 AM
[quote=LeonardLawrence]This helps ALOT...:mad: the answer is definitely NO!:devious:[/quoThats all I needed to know. Geez.

I just reread your post. If it hasn't been mentioned a misdemeanor is a crime, which means you do have a criminal record. A misdemeanor means you could have been in jail for up to one year for the offense. The fact that you are on probation, means you have both a record and a criminal case, no matter how well you "butter it up".

You have your answer. Being rude to Marines won't win you any more help.

Pezzle
02-16-08, 12:14 AM
Get a job at circuit city.

Now now.. while a misdemeanor might make earning the Title difficult... Ease up on the poor thing. I wouldn't wish a day of working at Circuit City on ANYONE. Worst company I ever worked for.. Already did a year of my time there as Lead Firedog Technician [aka: I have a virus, but it's obviously your fault]. Oh precious Marine Corps, turn me away from my life of a Retail-Slave. :p

@OP: Your advice has been given, and I think graciously. Serve the sentence, be as civil and PATIENT as possible, and be up front and honest with your recruiter as has been recommended. The United States Military does not take kindly to lying or deception!

Brandon1
02-16-08, 12:34 AM
A$$!! Wouldnt wanna take your managment position, there rocket.:nerd: I think thats what is going to get him a swift kick in the mouth. Can you say dentures? :sick:

Wyoming
02-16-08, 12:35 AM
Chill out Poolees and Wannabees - This one is a Marine thing!!

LeonardLawrence
02-16-08, 12:40 AM
!!THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE AND MANNERS IMPROVE!!:tank:

Parker-0321
02-16-08, 07:37 AM

Wow, you want to be a Marine but you get all bent out of shape over that? You're freakin 27 years old and your skin is that soft? :cry:

sparkie
02-16-08, 08:51 AM

His little snippet was no biggie. I laughed, and I bet Hawg did too.

Hawg,,, You failed the test here. If you can't take us, what can you handle? A Marine can get sh!t on and keep stompin.

I like your Willingness to try, and to ask for help, but the answer was quite clear.
Good luck to ya, and grow some armor, before you bleed to death.:p

Pezzle
02-16-08, 11:00 AM
Chill out Poolees and Wannabees - This one is a Marine thing!!

Hey there I'm sorry! Someone mentioned Circuit City, and let's just say it's the root of much evil to me he he. Nah, I'm gonna sit back and enjoy the fireworks.

Wyoming
02-16-08, 11:23 AM
Pezzle, I was referring to post #20, right above mine.

Maybe it would help were I to do the quote 'thingy'.

Hog
02-16-08, 11:37 AM
Im not upset about anything that was said. I will take a beating, its not my first rodeo. And yes I did laugh about all this. It was just a question about my situation. Thats all. I fyou wish to keep bashing, you may do so. I guess thats just the way people can be. Didnt come to start anything. Thanks for your guys help. I ll just have to wait till my year is up.But Ill still keep posting when I have questions.

davblay
02-16-08, 01:01 PM
Well Hog, I've stayed out of this because you are here in Tennessee. I am glad to see you didn't let me down! Ask away, we'll come up with something, even if you don't want to hear what we say.....we are Marines after all! ;)

Dave

Hog
02-17-08, 09:24 AM
Well Hog, I've stayed out of this because you are here in Tennessee. I am glad to see you didn't let me down! Ask away, we'll come up with something, even if you don't want to hear what we say.....we are Marines after all! ;)

Dave Thanks Dave. Ive pretty much asked what I wanted. And spoke to the recruiter in Indiana(Were I originally spoke to a recruiter). He said basically that I had to wait till my sentence(probation) is done. I will be 28 in April. He said Ill have enough time so that I could still get in. I dont think Ill have a problem getting in 6'0 230lbs and lift 5 days a week. Dont see it being an issue. Thanks again Dave for listening.
Hog.

gnarkill04
02-20-08, 04:07 PM
I just got done with informal probation for a misdimeanor [sp?] and my recruiter said thats fine [because it got expunged from my record but I still told them about it] so yeah, you'll be fine, just gonna have to wait until your probation is up.

crazymjb
02-20-08, 04:12 PM
Just don't be the one they send up to MEPS with "1 infraction in his youth" and his record search comes back with 11 felony level charges (we just had someone like that, may have been more like 7,...

Hog
02-20-08, 11:05 PM
I just got done with informal probation for a misdimeanor [sp?] and my recruiter said thats fine [because it got expunged from my record but I still told them about it] so yeah, you'll be fine, just gonna have to wait until your probation is up. Thanks man. Ya I guess Ill just have to wait.:mad:

gnarkill04
02-20-08, 11:21 PM
No problem. Just, like everyone else said, DON'T LIE TO YOUR RECRUITER ABOUT YOUR RECORD. It could screw you over in the long run. Good luck

jrhd97
02-21-08, 05:43 PM
Lets us know how it turns out for you. Good luck

MinnesotaMARINE
02-21-08, 07:10 PM
One option for you is to “execute” your sentence , if the judge in your case will consider that option.
The court may let you serve time in jail instead of your unsupervised probation. Ask it will not hurt. But you must be
Committed, devoted , and sure.

Hog
10-01-08, 09:44 PM
I just got done with informal probation for a misdimeanor [sp?] and my recruiter said thats fine [because it got expunged from my record but I still told them about it] so yeah, you'll be fine, just gonna have to wait until your probation is up.
Thanks JA,
Only 1.5 more months now. Its been a while since ive been on here.

Hog
02-08-09, 08:54 AM
Well guys this is it for atleast the next year or so. I will be leaving at the end of March. Not sure which job im going for yet. Any ideas of a desent job. Obviously my asvab will tell me, but still need an idea. Maybe aviation mech.???

SGT7477
02-08-09, 09:25 AM
That is hard to say what you should do, the way I think of it the first big step is to make it through boot camp it use to be they would put you where they needed you if they were short in that MOS. Good Luck.

introspect
02-08-09, 11:33 AM
Glad to see you stuck out your goal for becoming a Marine.

Now get the job done! file:///C:/Users/Gaby/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg:evilgrin:

Wes40138
02-08-09, 03:39 PM
Glad to see you stuck out your goal for becoming a Marine.

Now get the job done! file:///C:/Users/Gaby/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg:evilgrin:
Its totally impressive that he did stick it out and its kinda inspiring in a weird way :thumbup:

blackshirts
02-08-09, 03:43 PM
Not sure, but a moderator will move it,if need be. Well heres my story. I am a 27 yr old male looking to get in the Marines. I know now I have till the end of my 28th yr old.(Not 32 like I have seen in this forum, and no Im not an old 27 either!!) I have read that if your on probation(which I am) that the Marines can sign a waiver( I do not have a criminal record, it was a misdemeanor). The recruiter said that they cant do that. I read here they can. I am on probation till Nov. of next yr. I will be 28 then and should be able to get in.I have already took the ASVAB and past it cause at the time I was very serious about becoming a Marine. Now is all I said true? What is this waiver thing and how can it help?This is also weird. The offense was in Ind. and I now live in TN. and all I do is call once a month. I never have to see anyone so Im assuming I could tell them that. Would that help? Thanks Yall
Is this English? Wow...you sound like an idiot. I'd say keep chippin' away at that job at Mickey D's. You'll get that asst. manager position soon enough.

PaidinBlood
02-08-09, 03:52 PM
Is this English? Wow...you sound like an idiot. I'd say keep chippin' away at that job at Mickey D's. You'll get that asst. manager position soon enough.

Go ahead and slap him with your extensive stack of awards. :evilgrin: Maybe he should just walk up your service stripes if he wants to post on OUR board. Learn your place and keep your nasty thoughts to yourself. :thumbdown

yellowwing
02-08-09, 04:24 PM
Go ahead and slap him with your extensive stack of awards. :evilgrin: Maybe he should just walk up your service stripes if he wants to post on OUR board. Learn your place and keep your nasty thoughts to yourself. :thumbdown
Good enough ending for this one!