PDA

View Full Version : Bad Recruiters

babs0848
02-12-08, 06:14 PM
A recruiter in my hometown told a prospective marine to lie about their medical condition on the MEPS form. They told the recruit the only thing they would have to do is pay a fine. I have found...

Zulu 36
02-12-08, 06:15 PM
Need a profile babs.

babs0848
02-12-08, 06:22 PM
sorry but I don't undertand your verbage. If you are calling me an Islamofascist because I am concerned about a friends future, well, so be it.

Pudding
02-12-08, 06:27 PM
No, Babs. He's telling you to fill out your profile, which is simple procedure for posting on these forums. The Islamofascist part is from his signature, which appears beneath every post he makes.

Momof2Marines
02-12-08, 06:43 PM
Guys, I think Babs has been here before, and did not like what anyone said. It wasn't that long ago.

Cyndy
PMM Randy and Jerry:usmc:

Zulu 36
02-12-08, 06:44 PM
Oy vey. Thanks Pudding, I was going to be rude when I wasn't before.

Babs, for your educational enjoyment, my signature, in Latin, Islamifascists delenda est is taken from the reputed last line of every speech, regardless of topic, made by a Roman senator called Cato the Elder. He would say, "Carthago delenda est," meaning "Carthage must be destroyed - as it very completely was shortly afterward in the Third Punic War.

So endeth the lesson.

babs0848
02-12-08, 06:54 PM
Sorry, I'm just a high school kid who was told you guys might be able to help me help my friend. I did'nt think it would be so complicated.

Isrowei
02-12-08, 07:02 PM
Welcome to life. <br />
<br />
It's noble that you care for your friend. Having migraines is not grounds for a dishonorable discharge. Lying about medical entrance is not grounds for a dishonorable discharge....

babs0848
02-12-08, 07:10 PM
Well, the truth is the friend is my twin sister. We both have the same condition iwth migraines and I'm not trying to stop her from doing what she wants, I'm trying to stop her from doing something...

davblay
02-12-08, 07:11 PM
WHEW.....that LT has a way with words!:thumbup:

She still hasn' filled in that profile either! HMMMMM!

babs0848
02-12-08, 07:16 PM
You guys portray yourselfs as being honest and upstanding? How about the principals of honor that you hold so dear to your hears. I didn't know the motto was the Proud, the few (many)liars. I just want to help my sister. Why can't you understand that?:devious:

davblay
02-12-08, 07:18 PM
Why can't you fill in your profile?

Mods, please close this down!

Phantom Blooper
02-12-08, 07:19 PM
FILL OUT A PROFILE......OR QUIT BABBLING!:evilgrin:

Isrowei
02-12-08, 07:25 PM
You guys portray yourselfs as being honest and upstanding? How about the principals of honor that you hold so dear to your hears. I didn't know the motto was the Proud, the few (many)liars. I just want to help my sister. Why can't you understand that?:devious:

Excuse me!?

Who say ANYTHING about lying? All we said is that you should support your sister and let medical professionals make the decision rather than you, a self-admitted high-schooler. I read nothing about lying in there.

I understand you want to help your sister. But you came here with your decision made about what was "best" to help and you came to us to back you up.

The problem is: You're wrong. Your facts are wrong, your concerns based on those facts are flawed, and your attitude is horribly in need of some tuning.

Your sister SHOULD disclose her FULL medical history. However, should she NOT disclose it (her decision... not ours), then I trust the medical professionals who screen EVERY potential recruit to identify any problems that may pose a risk to her safety. Additionally, when she goes to recruit training, she will be given several consequence-free opportunities to disclose ANY information she might have with-held. Again, her choice.. not ours.

Don't you dare for a minute suggest the WE are somehow advocating lying or are not worthy of the honor and respect that Men and Women have DIED for.

Now, unless you have something positive to contribute, I suggest you take your childish attitude elsewhere. You have been given ALL the advice you need. That IS our decision.

- The LT.

babs0848
02-12-08, 07:30 PM
Like Jack Nicholson said "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH"

outlaw3179
02-12-08, 07:53 PM
LOL..WTF OVER...Just fill out your ****** profile..its not that hard. damn then you can have the keys to the kingdom