PDA

View Full Version : Curious

grunt2b
07-27-02, 02:18 AM
I was curious, is it possible for an American or a person of another nationality to join the Royal Marine? I ask becaus i know in the US Marines some people can join from other country's (well I think at one time, not too sure anymore). And when I mean join, I dont mean by way of any sort of exchange program. I'm just curious.

Sixguns
07-27-02, 06:45 AM
Not all foreigners can become U.S. Marines. Only registered aliens who possess permanent U.S. resident status are eligible for enlistment in the U.S. Marine Corps. As for the Royal Marines, I don't know, but you are in the right place to ask.

Brumbo
07-28-02, 02:10 PM
grunt 2b

To apply as a foreigner to join the Royal Marines
You must at all times since birth, have been a British or Commonwealth citizen (ie Canadian, Australian and so on) and you should have resided in the UK for a minimum of five years.
I think this info is still correct, hope it answers your question.

Yours Aye

Brumbo

grunt2b
07-28-02, 05:21 PM
Ok, thanks for telling me

harry hackedoff
08-05-02, 06:58 PM
Hi y`all,
to serve in R.M.Commando you must have "right of abode" stamped in your passport. The five year rule went out the window a while ago. However, I know of several U.S.M.C. ranks who have served "on attatchment" with R.M.
And good blokes they all were.

cheers, Aye

Harry

Sticky blue
01-29-03, 05:16 PM
We do have an exchange program that allows RM & USMC SNCOs to exchange job. We currently have a CSgt PTI working in Quantico and his opposite number came to CTCRM (Commando Training Centre Royal Marines at Lympstone Devon).