PDA

View Full Version : Poolies Liston up!

Coda
02-10-08, 10:30 PM
Ive been in my unit awhile now, i have alot of advice but most is already here just one thing i havnt seen is admin!

Keep track of all your admin future Marines! this means you method of transport from going to boot camp to coming home to going to MCT to getting to MOS School. everything always get recipts and keep them for checking into your unit. once you arrive at your new unit they will refund you your travel expences.

but overall to document and keep track of your admin is a very wise method to adopt becoming a new Marine.

hope it helps a few new joins.

davblay
02-10-08, 10:45 PM
That's good advice Coda, When you (new guys) check into your next duty station, for whatever reason, PCS, Perm., or whatever, you fiil out a travel voucher and take it to the cashiers and they will refund your money for travel, meals while traveling, taxi cabs, trains, planes, laundry, a shoe shine may fall in there somewhere! But yeah, keep all reciepts, ask for one if they don't give you one to!

Good advice Coda! :thumbup:

Dave

Parker-0321
02-10-08, 10:47 PM
i'm still waiting on my travel claim lol

kaboom1371
02-10-08, 10:59 PM
i'm still waiting on my travel claim lol

you won't get any credit for it but, have you been up to Kinville?

Covey_Rider
02-11-08, 01:02 AM
Yes keep your receipts but they are re-doing the entire way they do things right now. Now you have to do all your DTS stuff online and enter in an account number...then it will tell you what all you rate as far as travel expenses etc. DTS will automatically put the funds into your account. They're also working to make it so that every Marine has a gov't credit card so that the card will be used for business and then you'll get your funds from DTS and then you pay off that gov't card with those funds. Hope that makes sense haha. But yeah everything from PCS'ing to going TAD is going to start being done through DTS online.

Lickdem89
02-11-08, 02:05 AM
Awesome! I was planning on driving my car back to San Diego (Of course I have to earn the title!)

BR34
02-11-08, 06:08 AM
That explains why they made us all take that damn travel charge card test a couple weeks ago.

chili77bowl
02-11-08, 06:21 AM
Awesome! I was planning on driving my car back to San Diego (Of course I have to earn the title!)

wait on that...cause if you graduate, then you will have to attend SOI, and students are not allowed to drive POV's...

Instead, wait till you get to your permanent duty station.

Lickdem89
02-11-08, 11:17 AM
O Ok then. Well if i do get my MOS that I picked I'll be driving to Chesapeak. Thanks for the info, thats why I love this website.