PDA

View Full Version : New to the site, but long time supporter

HomefrontHeroes
02-10-08, 05:57 PM
Hello everyone. I am Laura, the president/founder of a new non-profit organization called Our Homefront Heroes. We support the troops, deployed and stateside. I have always had a soft side for Marines, my first fiance was a Marine and I am currently seeing a Marine.

My organization is here to send any support to a servicemember that needs us. Once we get up and running strong, we want to support the wounded because after the war is over, we will always have wounded men/women that will will need our support. We need to show them how much we appreciate what they do/did for our wonderful country.

If anyone knows of someone that is need of a letter, care package or just some love from home, let us know.

:usmc:

GySgtRet
02-10-08, 06:06 PM
Although your cause seems to be a very noble one we have rules to follow on Leatherneck.com. You will notice once you read the rules that includes:

Filling in your profile no matter who you are

You will probably notice after you do this minor task that Marines here will be more than receptive to what you are doing.

HomefrontHeroes
02-10-08, 06:10 PM
Sorry, I got wrapped up in the site, I forgot my profile....doing it now :)

GySgtRet
02-10-08, 06:14 PM
Welcome Aboard Leatherneck.com. Any wounded worrior will come to appreciate what you and your organization will hopefully be doing. I agree with the principles of what you represent. DO you have any big donors for the financial side of your non-profit? Do you have a listing of your organizations officers and where they are located if somebody needs help? O know way to many questions, but this mild compaired to what will happen once Marine start reading your post.

Again Welcome Aboard Leatherneck

:thumbup:

GySgtRet
02-10-08, 06:18 PM
Those folks (Pinkos) up in Berkley could learn a thing or two from you.

HomefrontHeroes
02-10-08, 06:21 PM
Gunny, I welcome any questions any Marine might ask. I have a website but it is very primitive, my son is my IT Director but he is falling down on his job :( www.OurHomefrontHeroes.org (http://www.OurHomefrontHeroes.org) I organized this organization because I was with another one and they tied my hands. I wanted to do more for our wonderful troops and they wouldn't let me, I was complaining to my best friend and she told me to stop complaining and make my own organization, so I did :) We are waiting for our tax exempt status, I am hoping it will come through any time now.

No, we don't have any contributors....yet. I am very new to this and have no idea how to get the contributions going, but, I am learning and with the emotional support of groups like this, I WILL do this!! I am very hardheaded and when I put my mind to something, I find a way to get it done. I love our troops, my favorite saying is..."They are willing to take a bullet for us, the least we can do is write a letter to them."

Right now, if anyone knows of someone that needs support, they can contact me at president@OurHomefrontHeroes.org

HomefrontHeroes
02-10-08, 06:25 PM
Btw, before I get the private messages saying I cannot solicit donations on this site, that is NOT why I am here. I am 'soliciting' any Marine that needs some our support and love.