PDA

View Full Version : Its about friggin time! Woohoo!!

Achped
02-10-08, 03:43 PM
As of Tuesday at 1300, my new duty station will no longer be SOI-East, after 5 months being here, its time to go. I'll be at Camp Johnson.

My MOS went from 0331 machine gunner to 3043, supply administration. My MCT instructors were somewhat...nice with the fact that I at least had made the attempt to be a real killer. Some gave me a hard time, "non-hacker" was my nickname with one of them, but most gave me credit for trying, so that was cool. Not to mention one of my Sgts was dead set on not sending me back to MRP, which I really appreciated. He told me he'd be a Pvt before I went back to SAC, which made me feel pretty good.

I have no idea what my new MOS is, but....I'm still a Marine oorah.

Semper fi

Wyoming
02-10-08, 04:38 PM
So go get you some Marine.

Welcome back!!

yellowwing
02-10-08, 05:28 PM
Wow, definitely an important job. Millions of dollars of equipment have to be accounted for. And you know how big the Marine Corps is on Accountability!

davblay
02-10-08, 05:31 PM
Good for you Matt! :thumbup:

kaboom1371
02-10-08, 05:37 PM
just don't lose any tanks or something. welcome to the Corps

thedrifter
02-10-08, 07:18 PM
Achped

Make sure You say Hello to my daughter Pam at the exchange on Camp Johnson..;)

Ellie

jinelson
02-10-08, 07:54 PM
Good to go Matt!

Jim

Achped
02-15-08, 08:33 PM
Achped

Make sure You say Hello to my daughter Pam at the exchange on Camp Johnson..;)

Ellie

I'll be sure to do that.

LeonardLawrence
02-15-08, 09:43 PM
Now where did I put that pallet of Night Vision Goggles?? !!:)

Congratulations, Marine!

RLeon
02-16-08, 12:55 AM
ahh, the advantages of being in H&S Company; being buddies with Corpsman, Admin and Suppy.
:marine:

Marine84
02-16-08, 07:38 AM
Well..............sounds like (from where you're going) that you're still on the ground side? Where in the Sam Hill is Camp Johnson though?

Your new MOS?...........I told you - you'll be issueing girlfriends/boyfriends to the newbies -LOL!

Parker-0321
02-16-08, 07:53 AM
you'll be issueing girlfriends/boyfriends to the newbies -LOL!

I didn't get mine.. but they still took it out of my check??

Phantom Blooper
02-16-08, 08:08 AM
Where in the Sam Hill is Camp Johnson though?

Camp Johnson was formerly Montford Point it was renamed Camp Johnson after SGT MAJ "Hashmark" Johnson.

http://library.uncw.edu/web/montford/

It is nestled in the NC pines off of Lejeune Blvd. before you reach mainside CLNC. The entrance to Camp Johnson is where the Beirut Memorial is located and the government has allocated land for a Veterans Memorial Park with a Vietnam,WW II,Corpsman and I believe Korea memorials in the making. A beam of the World Trade Center was dedicated by the NYC FD there. Camp Johnson is mostly now schools....supply, admin, cooks and there may be more.:evilgrin:

Sgt Leprechaun
02-17-08, 08:04 AM
Good deal Achped!

There are worse things you could be doing. It's not a bad gig overall.

Achped
02-17-08, 08:37 AM
I know, hey, if its something I don't really like, at least its easy right? :thumbup:

The Marines here are alot different than the grunts though, many of them don't want to deploy, don't want to go to Iraq, not all of them, I mean, it is still the Marine Corps. But its a different environment. You can't go around making jokes about females the way you can in a combat arms MOS where you never see them. I've had more classes on sexual harassment than I've had on my MOS so far.