PDA

View Full Version : Company Honor Man

Seoke
02-10-08, 12:20 AM
Today I set my goal, not to just finish boot, but to be the company honor graduate when I finish boot.

If anyone could let me know what goes into being Honor Graduate, as far as what people are scored on that'd be great. Just curious =P Thanks ahead of time

^_^

rvillac2
02-10-08, 01:38 AM
I don't think this was ever covered before. What a new and refreshing topic.

davblay
02-10-08, 02:06 AM

Sgt, we must not be doing our jobs here! we really should tell these guys to use the search engine, huh? :marine:

Dave

LeonardLawrence
02-10-08, 02:07 AM
Wow! Outstanding Poolee. Great goal, but don't you think you should know what it is before you commit to it? :bunny: Publically? In front of God and Country? Really?

From now on I am going to refer to poolees as ****ers....which is sad, cause you ruined it for everyone. No more Mr. Nice guy....

(Chilli, any suggestions?)

Seoke
02-10-08, 02:27 AM
#1 I did run a search, searching for honor man, or anything like that to be honest, will bring up one heck of a lot of results. =p

#2 I know what it is, I must have phrased my question wrong, looking back I did, lol I more or less want to know any really good resources. I've been looking at wikipedia and googling random sites but if anyone has any suggestions let me know. I'm going to be studying with my recruiter as well =P

skaterjon89
02-10-08, 02:31 AM
Seoke, I know this was covered like 1 1/2-2 weeks ago... I think I replied in it...

Seoke
02-10-08, 02:32 AM
Not saying it wasnt covered >> moreso saying I had a hard time finding it, which is completely my fault =P

gnarkill04
02-10-08, 02:35 AM
Honestly bro, just focus on making it through boot in the first place. Don't just straight go in thinking you're gonna graduate as the honorman because you got allll those other recruits probably thinking the same thing in the back of their minds.

But yeah, this has been covered before. Use the search engine.

Seoke
02-10-08, 02:37 AM
-_- I give up trying to say that I did use the search engine and came up with nothing =P But theres nothing wrong with me aiming high... that way I know I'll be as prepared as possible for boot camp >> Its gives me something high to aim for...

kinda going off the quote "Aim for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars"

skaterjon89
02-10-08, 02:45 AM
But what someone failed to once tell you:

"The moon is less then 1-AU from the earth, stars are multiple AU's from the earth..."

AU=Astronomical Unit

Lol, anyways, yeah, from what I have read in past topics, just focus on doing your best, you need to be a leader, hell it just might come to you in bootcamp, thus bestowing upon you guide or something, or just be covering down on the man infront of you. Personally I think all those positions will find themselves in the right place, I think it would be nice to get that, but don't really forsee it, I like to consider myself a leader, but ****, who knows what will happen down there...

Seoke
02-10-08, 02:47 AM
Thanks for the advice Jon =P and I like your little quote there xD

Anyways, I figures someone has to graduate Honor Man, so why not me :3

skaterjon89
02-10-08, 02:56 AM
Why thankyou, compliments to myself :D

ZaCo
02-10-08, 03:55 AM
I don't want to burst your bubble, but it takes more than just being the best at everything and knowing everything to get Company Honors. From what my uncle and cousins have told me, all Marines, it is the Drill Instructors that decide on people to consider for honors. You could be the best damn Marine ever, the next 'Chesty', and not get honors. But just because you didn't get honors doesn't make you any less of a Marine.
But I love your motivation and dream big, as big as you want. I really enjoy reading about how motivated other recruits are and it just gets me even more excited/nervous, as I count down the last nine days!!! Keep the attitude strong, work hard, build an excellent work-ethic, and absorb everything that these Marines on this website tell you. They are the real deal, we are just wanna be's until that day they give us the title.

Also, try to tone down the attitude a little more. You might not mean it, but just becareful how you word things so that it doesn't sound like your being rude in anyway.
Lastly, I have to also agree with what so many people have said and that is concern more with just getting through boot camp. Succeed at that and everything else will fall into place. Good luck recruit!

LeonardLawrence
02-10-08, 04:16 AM
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59188&highlight=honorman

Mercy search for you. I tried to edit my last rude post, but missed the deadline....oh, well. Guess I have to live by my words;)

rvillac2
02-10-08, 11:51 AM
Might be just me, but someone who lacks the discipline to finish High School in time to honor his contract with the Army will not likely be honor anything.

Seoke, you talk a good game, but the fact is, you simply talk A LOT.

You're polluting the squadbay.

Seoke
02-10-08, 03:08 PM
Might be just me, but someone who lacks the discipline to finish High School in time to honor his contract with the Army will not likely be honor anything.

Seoke, you talk a good game, but the fact is, you simply talk A LOT.

You're polluting the squadbay.

Not meaning any disrespect SGT, but you really need to start getting your facts straight. I finished to Army standards, but not in a traditionaly high school, which is why I'm going back to a traditional high school to finish school. So that I can be a Marine. You have to remember Marines don't take GEDs, Homeschools, or schools where students don't go 8 hours a day. I don't appreciate you saying I'm 'polluting the squad bay' without you thinking completely through what the scenario could be here.

skaterjon89
02-10-08, 03:30 PM
lock this thread? Lol

rvillac2
02-10-08, 04:16 PM
Cry me a river. I could care less about what you'd appreciate. This is my house. <br />
<br />
So, why is it again that you were discharged from the Army? <br />
Your own personal post says it was you did not...

SGT7477
02-10-08, 04:25 PM
These kids have alot to learn things change damn fast at boot camp,lol.:evilgrin: :flag: :evilgrin:

kaboom1371
02-10-08, 04:47 PM
this isn't the army. just saying no disrespect and saying what you want does not fly in the Corps. Perhaps you need to re-group and think about how you sentence your thoughts.

davblay
02-10-08, 05:43 PM
lock this thread? Lol

You don't have enough rank to request this to be locked down, Poolee! I think there are issues that need to be resolved here first! :marine:

Mods, please keep this thread open, Thanks.

Semper Fi,

Dave

davblay
02-10-08, 05:50 PM
Thanks for the advice Jon =P and I like your little quote there xD

Anyways, I figures someone has to graduate Honor Man, so why not me :3

Why do you Poolees worry about that anyway? Every recruit gets the Dress Bluses issued nowadays, the only thing a Honor man gets is PFC! I would assume that you would get that anyway, Seoke, as a prior service! Forget about making E-3 out of boot......it just ain't gonna happen. I does every once in a while, but I can see you ain't got what it takes for that promotion! Not out of Boot Camp, and don't expect any special treatment just because you are prior Army, in fact I think I'd keep that quiet! Come to think of it, you probably would get special treatment, if they find out! ROFLMAO! ;)

Big Jim
02-10-08, 05:57 PM
Not meaning any disrespect SGT, but you really need to start getting your facts straight. I finished to Army standards, but not in a traditionaly high school, which is why I'm going back to a traditional high school to finish school. So that I can be a Marine. You have to remember Marines don't take GEDs, Homeschools, or schools where students don't go 8 hours a day. I don't appreciate you saying I'm 'polluting the squad bay' without you thinking completely through what the scenario could be here.

GAWDDAMMIT BARCUS!! I thought we had this talk already about respect?! Don't let the pushing waive you from your bearing, boy!!! These Marines here are testing you to a very small degree and LOOK how you're taking it!! THEY KNOW, JUST AS I DO, HOW HARD BOOTCAMP IS GOING TO BE FOR YOU!! You're showing EVERYONE, including yourself, that YOU CAN'T TAKE IT!! It's one thing to argue the fact that you are something that everyone else sees that you're not...LIKE EAGER TO LEARN!!

Now, here's what you NEED to do...once again...first, apologize to these fine Marines that are here to test your integrity and mental stability, then...NEVER, BUT NEVER ARGUE WITH ANOTHER MARINE EVER AGAIN!! You really have to UNLEARN that sh!t you think you know, boy!! I'm trying to help you but first...you have to help yourself!!! That what the Marine Corps is ALL about!! They are NOT going to do it for you!! You have to have t he strength, will and the CONTROL to handle any problem yourself and after only you've failed to do it on your own...someone will step forward to help you, ok? But, YOU have at least try....!!!! This means...keep your bearing..that means you DO NOT disrespect, argue or become belligerent with Marines, understand?! Now show ME, THESE FINE MARINES HERE AND ESPECIALLY YOURSELF.....SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!

Marine84
02-10-08, 06:03 PM

LOL! You owe me a new laptop dude!

skaterjon89
02-10-08, 07:39 PM
Seoke I would recommend just saying:

1. Aye Aye Sir!
2. Yes Sir!
3. Getting on my knees Sir!
4. How high Sir!

Come on dude, like I have said time and time again to poolees who take things up the ass, consider it training for Recruit Training... Do you really want to tell a DI "Well now Sir I do not appreciate you blah blah blah blah" were poolees, in what words my Recruiter told me:

"You are a poolee, you're like the **** on the **** stick, then the Recruits are the **** stick, and the privates and PFC's are the ones I'm telling to pick all that up!"

-Sgt. Bernal

LOL, good times...

ZaCo
02-10-08, 08:53 PM
I think there is an agreement between poolees and Marines. Seoke, your heart is in the right place, but you attitude and mouth are going down the wrong road. It's time to regroup, apologize, and respect your superiors. Otherwise shut you trap!

mgkusmc
02-10-08, 09:09 PM

They take homeschoolers....I've had 3 friends that were homeschooled and they graduated boot and became Marines.

So wait hmmm lets see, if you didnt want to do your contract with the Army, why do you want to be a Marine? (this is also asked during your first 48 hours on PI)

davblay
02-10-08, 09:45 PM
If you still got your ARMY STRESS CARD, (just scratch off Amy and write in Marine Corps) be sure and take it with you, the DIs will honor it there too! :marine:

skaterjon89
02-11-08, 01:47 AM
I got some homeade ones prepared I'll sell to some fellas :) LOL

LeonardLawrence
02-11-08, 06:26 PM
Seoke, My signature line is for you until you make things right by my Sgt and any other Marine you disrespected on this board....

Dont make me come over there...or tell your mother when she gets home...

Camper51
02-11-08, 06:48 PM
Today I set my goal, not to just finish boot, but to be the company honor graduate when I finish boot.

If anyone could let me know what goes into being Honor Graduate, as far as what people are scored on that'd be great. Just curious =P Thanks ahead of time

^_^

Good Luck!!! You are gonna need it.

Very few people who talk the talk can walk the walk....

249gunner
02-11-08, 08:22 PM
OK poolees....
you dont even know how much you will hate certain things or how annoying parts of the experience will be, so you cant make ANY judgments about the Corps, till youre confused as hell, on a hump, run or in the sand pit. Then think about your future, in those moments.

Im just a boot, I worked my ass off from day 1 to end of SOI to earn PFC, and I still cant make any judgments about the Marine Corps, if I hate it or not, till I do atleast 6 more months.

Covey_Rider
02-12-08, 08:09 AM
OK poolees....
you dont even know how much you will hate certain things or how annoying parts of the experience will be, so you cant make ANY judgments about the Corps, till youre confused as hell, on a hump, run or in the sand pit. Then think about your future, in those moments.

Im just a boot, I worked my ass off from day 1 to end of SOI to earn PFC, and I still cant make any judgments about the Marine Corps, if I hate it or not, till I do atleast 6 more months.

Haha everyone is boot to somebody else...it's part of life.

Man, I was going to hook this kid up with some knowledge but then I remembered who he was. Here's your advice dumbass...go ahead and enlist and enlist to become a combat engineer. Request to come over to Okinawa and come over to 9th ESB. I'll be back there by the time you may get through...and I'll handle you properly. I promise you that you'll hate life but you'll be a better person for it. I'll make sure that you know your place. Even if you're not with me all I'll have to do is look you up in the system and then pick up the phone. If you can't do something as simple as graduate HS how in the hell can you even think about wanting to graduate as a Company Honorman. Trust me...out of all the other recruits there...the majority there will be more deserving then you of that honor. Go back under your rock. It's nicer there then life will be for you.