PDA

View Full Version : National Marine Corps Museum.

aust10n
02-09-08, 11:06 PM
I went there today. It was awesome. The exhibits were great. I heard a guide talking about the museum and he said it was only 60% finished. I don't know what else they could add because it was packed with information. A lot of motivation in there. My favorite part was the Medal of Honor wall. You could see all the Men that earned the MOH. Beside the wall they had a MOH Database where you could look up everysingle person on the wall and read their story.
I spent 5 hours in there and didn't even get to see everything, before I had to leave to get back home in time for work.

For anyone that can make the trip, do it!

Seoke
02-09-08, 11:41 PM
Wheres it at? I'd love to go check it out some day!

KevinR90
02-10-08, 08:22 AM
it's just outside the Marine Corps base Quantico, VA

Here's the museum's website: http://www.usmcmuseum.org/index.asp

aust10n
02-10-08, 10:25 PM
Wheres it at? I'd love to go check it out some day!

Yep, it's right beside Quantico. Marines run it, I'd guess as a detail maybe. So it's is great shape and very clean.

These Boy Scouts were up on a balcony throwing pennies and knickles out a plane that was hanging from the ceiling. A woman picked up the change and walked to the front and told a Marine. He went storming into the middle of the lobby area, and told them how it was.

KevinR90
02-11-08, 02:15 PM
I wish I had been there to see/hear it. When I was there I saw a bunch of boy scouts and later on some naval sea cadets- I guess they're the equivelant to the Young Marines or something- tho these kids were well behaved.

Patriot34
02-22-08, 11:18 AM
I wish I had been there to see/hear it. When I was there I saw a bunch of boy scouts and later on some naval sea cadets- I guess they're the equivelant to the Young Marines or something- tho these kids were well behaved.

Maybe they had to "talk" with the infamous museum Marine.:D