PDA

View Full Version : Poolee Name Tag

Wyoming
02-09-08, 09:06 PM
I got a dumbass question.

Why in the World are you poolees, making your screen name, pooleejoe, or pooleejane, or pooleebadass or whatever?

If, and this is a big if, IF you make it through Boot, and you come back here, do you still want to be known as pooleedumbass?

Never have I understood this!!

Motto Poolee
02-09-08, 09:09 PM
Simply just change your name?

Phantom Blooper
02-09-08, 09:16 PM
Admin needs to change a screen name or you need to open another account. I got a PM last week and forwarded it to SSGT Nelson and thedrifter to have a young Marines name changed. But YOU cannot simply change your own name.:evilgrin:

Motto Poolee
02-09-08, 09:18 PM
Well sorry for making you mad, but everyone refers to me as Poolee Fiorentino, I couldn't fit that so I just put Motto in there, because im pretty damn motto myself.

Phantom Blooper
02-09-08, 09:30 PM
That explains it all....ain't that something!:evilgrin:

LeonardLawrence
02-09-08, 11:37 PM
Well sorry for making you mad, but everyone refers to me as Poolee Fiorentino, I couldn't fit that so I just put Motto in there, because im pretty damn motto myself.

The sadistic side of me can't resist pointing this out. Sorry Motto Poolee.

I think you are referring to Motivation, which would technically be Moto.

If you are selling yourself as a brand you may need a catchy slogan...or motto. Different pronunciation, different meaning.

I am far from an English Major, but these are the facts.

The point is....IF you become a Marine, why would you want to have to change your name? Would it change in your case to Motto Marine?

We already know your :D motto:scared: . We would like to welcome you back as such. (some of us are old and might forget you otherwise)

It also saves the moderators/admin from extra work, like policing the site everytime I say **** or ****.

gnarkill04
02-09-08, 11:45 PM
Not gonna lie, definitely feel dumb for making this my screen name. Haha. I think I'll just change my name altogether IF I make it out of boot [seeing as how I'll kind of have to] and put "former precruit" in my sig or something dumb. Haha. I have wayy too much time on my hands to think about this crap. :p

skaterjon89
02-10-08, 02:40 AM
skaterjon89 ROCK ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fubar5812
02-11-08, 07:16 PM
he he he.

and THAT reasoning that bigal pointed out is exactly why i didn't choose to put poolee in my name,or even a MOS number. i just used my last name,that ain't gonna change :)

skaterjon89
02-12-08, 02:08 AM
yeah, this name I used since I was like 10, for just about everything when I use to skateboard then part of my first name and year born... lol :)

Brandon1
02-12-08, 02:20 AM
I've used this name since I was born :) Minus the 1 though lol.

skaterjon89
02-12-08, 02:28 AM
lies, I bet your name is really James or something lol... j/k

Brandon1
02-12-08, 02:37 AM
My secret is out. I'm gonna have to go under the radar for a little while now.

Ketchup
02-12-08, 05:33 AM
I picked Ketchup... cause ketchup is cool.

Covey_Rider
02-12-08, 06:43 AM
I wasn't going to say anything about this. I've noticed it for quite awhile and it's always bugged me. I was just planning on sitting back and waiting for poolees to come back as Marines and feel retarded for having a name with "poolee" or "recruit" in it. Why some of you have "recruit" in your name I don't know...you don't even rate to be considered a recruit yet until you actually plant your feet on those yellow footprints.

aust10n
02-12-08, 03:46 PM
I got a dumbass question.

Why in the World are you poolees, making your screen name, pooleejoe, or pooleejane, or pooleebadass or whatever?

If, and this is a big if, IF you make it through Boot, and you come back here, do you still want to be known as pooleedumbass?

Never have I understood this!!

It's technically a "username" not a name tag.

MotivatorOfTheGuard
02-12-08, 03:56 PM
I think all the moto poolee's out there should thoroughly enjoy using their first names and stuff while they have a chance. After boot, not so much.

Brandon1
02-12-08, 04:07 PM
It's technically a "username" not a name tag. Question...Does it really matter lol? It means the same thing.

Wyoming
02-12-08, 08:08 PM
It's technically a "username" not a name tag.

Well, excuse me there game boy!

SlingerDun
02-12-08, 08:29 PM
heheahahehehahehttp://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif Pool(ee) your in a pool of wannab(ee's) come on! F*ck, thats not a handle! and damn sure not a titlehttp://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon6.gif

aust10n
02-12-08, 09:23 PM
Well, excuse me there game boy!

I'm a game boy because I know the proper name of the username field you fill out during the registration of an account?

Wyoming
02-12-08, 09:39 PM
I'm a game boy because I know the proper name of the username field you fill out during the registration of an account?

I'll go easy. It'll come soon enough!

Duck!! INCOMING!!!

skaterjon89
02-12-08, 10:01 PM
skaterjon89 live on....

Oh aust10n look what you have coming.

aust10n
02-12-08, 10:16 PM
I'll go easy. It'll come soon enough!

Duck!! INCOMING!!!

Oh, I got it. Because I corrected you, you looked at my profile to see what you can find to "make fun" of me.
I work at GameStop. Obviously you play games to know what this store carries. Can't say you don't now. Because the oblivious may think we sell sports equipment, board games, etc. But you see, you narrowed it down.
If you want to continue to criticize me for where I work, be my guest. :)

Artemis
02-12-08, 10:17 PM
Listen here you stupid little punk, who the hellll do you think you are coming in here with your smart ass comments. That is a Marine that you are talking to and you will treat him with respect. If you got a problem with that come knock on my door and I will handle your attitude for you.

aust10n
02-12-08, 10:21 PM
Listen here you stupid little punk, who the hellll do you think you are coming in here with your smart ass comments. That is a Marine that you are talking to and you will treat him with respect. If you got a problem with that come knock on my door and I will handle your attitude for you.

It's an online message board. I'm not worried about you handling my attitude. I'll leave it to my DI's in April.:evilgrin:

RYDERKUR
02-12-08, 10:27 PM
Oh geez, here we go again, and aust10n, your Drill Instructor will be left with it for about two weeks until you "go away."

aust10n
02-12-08, 10:31 PM
Oh geez, here we go again, and aust10n, your Drill Instructor will be left with it for about two weeks until you "go away."

I'll lose my attitude faster than two weeks. It will be gone upon arrival.

Artemis
02-12-08, 10:34 PM
Once again I do not know who the fvck you think you are but you better get a handle on it real fast if you intend on sticking around this site. Just for the record the Marine Corps doesn't need like punk ass biatches like you.

Wyoming
02-12-08, 10:38 PM
Oh, I got it. Because I corrected you, you looked at my profile to see what you can find to "make fun" of me.
I work at GameStop. Obviously you play games to know what this store carries. Can't say you don't now. Because the oblivious may think we sell sports equipment, board games, etc. But you see, you narrowed it down.
If you want to continue to criticize me for where I work, be my guest. :)

No kid, I don't. There is either another one of you, or it may be you, but a while back, the GameStop question was asked and answered. I remembered it being about games.

There was nothng obvious in your assumption that I play games. Don't have time. There is life beyond a couch.

Oh yeah, that WM, you disrespected, you might want to bulk up. It would look bad on you when a girl whups up on you.

aust10n
02-12-08, 10:40 PM
Once again I do not know who the fvck you think you are but you better get a handle on it real fast if you intend on sticking around this site. Just for the record the Marine Corps doesn't need like punk ass biatches like you.

I' not a "punk ass biatch". The Marine Corps has already accepted me. After bootcamp I'll be on of you.

RYDERKUR
02-12-08, 10:42 PM
No son, you'll be sitting there after two weeks with the laces pulled out of your nasty go-fasters sitting Native American style with your head hung in shame facing the bulkhead where the good to go/attitude free recruits look down in disgust as they walk past you. You disrespected some damn good Marines who've done things that you will only be able to read about. How dare you disrespect Marines let alone NCO's and Vietnam Veterans. This kind of things makes my blood boil.

aust10n
02-12-08, 10:44 PM
No kid, I don't. There is either another one of you, or it may be you, but a while back, the GameStop question was asked and answered. I remembered it being about games.

There was nothng obvious in your assumption that I play games. Don't have time. There is life beyond a couch.

Oh yeah, that WM, you disrespected, you might want to bulk up. It would look bad on you when a girl whups up on you.
So because I work at a game store I play hours and hours of games? Not quite. I go to school full time, work part time, and I volunteer each of my weekends at my local Dive shop to help with new divers. On top of all of this I have a strict work out program I tend to. I believe I have a well rounded life, whether I find and hour to play a game every now and then or not.

aust10n
02-12-08, 10:49 PM
No son, you'll be sitting there after two weeks with the laces pulled out of your nasty go-fasters sitting Native American style with your head hung in shame facing the bulkhead where the good to go/attitude free recruits look down in disgust as they walk past you. You disrespected some damn good Marines who've done things that you will only be able to read about. How dare you disrespect Marines let alone NCO's and Vietnam Veterans. This kind of things makes my blood boil.

The start of all of this came from me being disrespected. Obivisouly you can't joke and mess around with people on this site.
If any of you are truly offended by what someone says over the internet, then there is a problem.

davblay
02-12-08, 10:50 PM
I'll lose my attitude faster than two weeks. It will be gone upon arrival.
According to your profile, you ain't even a Poolee! Lets see what we see here........you haven't filled in your profile all the way, must have someting to hide! Lets see.....oh yes you are listed as a "Marine Friend"....Okay......Education.......hmmmm, none listed....well I guess I can assume that you have no education, are not a poolee, and from your postings, you seem to have a problem with authority figures. I mean you come on a Marine Corps Site, post 67 times, and insult Marines, a PFC, 2 CPLs! Plus ignore good sound advice! Does that about size it up?

From reading your other post, I fail to see much that you have contributed to the site......why are you here? With that attitude ,

I would ask the moderators to Ban your azz for a while and give you time to reflect!

But that's just my opinion!

Dave

aust10n
02-12-08, 10:58 PM
According to your profile, you ain't even a Poolee! Lets see what we see here........you haven't filled in your profile all the way, must have someting to hide! Lets see.....oh yes you are listed as a "Marine Friend"....Okay......Education.......hmmmm, none listed....well I guess I can assume that you have no education, are not a poolee, and from your postings, you seem to have a problem with authority figures. I mean you come on a Marine Corps Site, post 67 times, and insult Marines plus ignore good sound advice! Does that about size it up?

From reading your other post, I fail to see much that you have contributed to the site......why are you here? With that attitude ,

I would ask the moderators to Ban your azz for a while and give you time to reflect!

But that's just my opinion!

Dave

I"m a poolee. I'm sorry my profile title doesn't reflect that. And yes I am the friend of several Marines.
I'm a highschool graduate, with 1 year of college. I got a very good score on the ASVAB so I believe I have a great education. No, I have no problem with authority. I went and read my postings on this thread. I don't believe I insulted anyone. If anyone has been insulted it is me. I've been called a "stupid little punk", and a "punk azz biatch". I find both of those very amusing. I haven't called anyone names.
Thank you Dave for your opinion.

davblay
02-12-08, 10:59 PM
The start of all of this came from me being disrespected. Obivisouly you can't joke and mess around with people on this site.
If any of you are truly offended by what someone says over the internet, then there is a problem.
Wow...I thought this was a Marine Corps site, not myspace or something! DISRESPECTED? WE DISRESPECTED YOU? :mad:

RYDERKUR
02-12-08, 11:02 PM
You do have an attitude problem, you were corrected, whether you like it or not, and you didn't acknowledge it and correct it. That is having an attitude and being disrespectful in the Marine Corps. You will change or be gone. From here and Recruit Training.

aust10n
02-12-08, 11:02 PM
Wow...I thought this was a Marine Corps site, not myspace or something! DISRESPECTED? WE DISRESPECTED YOU? :mad:

Yes, I was disrespected by the names that CPL NELLY decided to call me. No one else has direspected me. Everyone else has expressed opinions, how can I be direspected by that?

Motto Poolee
02-12-08, 11:09 PM
I"m a poolee. I'm sorry my profile title doesn't reflect that. And yes I am the friend of several Marines.
I'm a highschool graduate, with 1 year of college. I got a very good score on the ASVAB so I believe I have a great education. No, I have no problem with authority. I went and read my postings on this thread. I don't believe I insulted anyone. If anyone has been insulted it is me. I've been called a "stupid little punk", and a "punk azz biatch". I find both of those very amusing. I haven't called anyone names.

You little scumbag! I got your name, I got your ass! You will not laugh, you will not cry, you will learn by the numbers, I will teach you! Now get up! Get on your feet! You had best un**** yourself or I will unscrew your head and **** down your neck!

Listen to these fine Marines, a few have straightened me right up, they are very motivating, and been through a hell of a lot more than you will probably ever! Do not disrespect them, if they say something to you you best acknowledge it, don't fight it! Carry on.

davblay
02-12-08, 11:09 PM

To start with Austin, I didn't give my opinion, that was an observance of the facts as I saw them! Now update your profile, finish filling it out, then leave this thread and let everone cool down! But do not, I repeat do not, get into a mental battle with me or these tother Marines! We have the otheres back in every situation, encluding this site!

You have to harden your skin, Poolee, to make it in my Corps! You said it yourself, this is a internet site! As far as your comment about your GREAT EDUCATION, well Forrest Gump said it best, "stupid is as stupid does"! Now take my advice and leave for a while, take time to reflect on what's been said....we are never wrong, not here in our house we ain't! Does that make sense?

Dave

Wyoming
02-12-08, 11:11 PM
Replies 1, 16, 19 & 22 - say a lot.

Even a Poolee knew it was coming.

As Dave made quite clear, this is not myspace. The is a United States Marine Corps (non-affiliated) site.

You disrespected Marines. Cpl Danielle Nelson does not deserve the way you treated her. Another former WM, actually 2, once they read this, are gonna be all over you for the treatment you subjected towards her.

Your attitude? Gone in 2 weeks? Nope, it came with you all your life. No discipline. The Drill Instructors will see through you by the smirk on your face.

I actually hope that this post doesn't get locked. A lot of young folks can read this and see how they sound, when Mommy isn't around.

aust10n
02-12-08, 11:13 PM
To start with Austin, I didn't give my opinion, that was an observance of the facts as I saw them! Now update your profile, finish filling it out, then leave this thread and let everone cool down! But do not, I repeat do not, get into a mental battle with me or these tother Marines! We have the otheres back in every situation, encluding this site!

You have to harden your skin, Poolee, to make it in my Corps! You said it yourself, this is a internet site! As far as your comment about your GREAT EDUCATION, well Forrest Gump said it best, "stupid is as stupid does"! Now take my advice and leave for a while, take time to reflect on what's been said....we are never wrong, not here in our house we ain't! Does that make sense?

Dave

I've tried to update my profile to say Poolee, but there is no option to change it. I'm assuming a moderator has to do it for me.

davblay
02-12-08, 11:14 PM
LEAVE IT OPEN FOR A WHILE MODERATORS, PLEASE. LETS SEE WHERE IT GOES FROM HERE!

Dave

aust10n
02-12-08, 11:16 PM
Replies 1, 16, 19 & 22 - say a lot.

Even a Poolee knew it was coming.

As Dave made quite clear, this is not myspace. The is a United States Marine Corps (non-affiliated) site.

You disrespected Marines. Cpl Danielle Nelson does not deserve the way you treated her. Another former WM, actually 2, once they read this, are gonna be all over you for the treatment you subjected towards her.

Your attitude? Gone in 2 weeks? Nope, it came with you all your life. No discipline. The Drill Instructors will see through you by the smirk on your face.

I actually hope that this post doesn't get locked. A lot of young folks can read this and see how they sound, when Mommy isn't around.

Can you please show me the post where I disrespected CPL NELLY? To the best of my knowledge I did not subject her to any foul treatment of the internet.

Motto Poolee
02-12-08, 11:18 PM
You responded to her post about "adjusting your attitude" You should have refrained, and took it, but you didn't you clearly disrespected a Marine, and now you are catching the wake from it all rite...

Wyoming
02-12-08, 11:18 PM
Dave, you punky arsed RVN Vet, you're hurting my ears, but I'm glad you was yelling, because they might not have heard my wimpy little request -

;)

RYDERKUR
02-12-08, 11:20 PM
You do have an attitude problem, you were corrected, whether you like it or not, and you didn't acknowledge it and correct it. That is having an attitude and being disrespectful in the Marine Corps. You will change or be gone. From here and Recruit Training.

And again. You are being disrespectful. You were told you were being disrespectful and you won't acknowledge it and correct it. You may not like it or agree with it, but son, this is the way of the Marine Corps. We don't care what you think to the best of your knowledge because to us we took offense and find it disrespectful

aust10n
02-12-08, 11:21 PM
You responded to her post about "adjusting your attitude" You should have refrained, and took it, but you didn't you clearly disrespected a Marine, and now you are catching the wake from it all rite...
Ok I got it. She could have been A LOT nicer. I don't believe she needed to react the way she did. It's alright though.

davblay
02-12-08, 11:22 PM
Sorry bigal, I get carried away sometimes.....you know how it is when you get on a roll and get thatt adrenilyn flowing!

Semper Fi Brother,

Dave

Motto Poolee
02-12-08, 11:23 PM
Nicer poolee!!!?? that was a freaking love tap compared what you are going to recieve in bootcamp! Im sorry but the Marine Corps is not for you in my book! The D.I. is going to destroy you!

Wyoming
02-12-08, 11:23 PM
Can you please show me the post where I disrespected CPL NELLY? To the best of my knowledge I did not subject her to any foul treatment of the internet.

You disrespected Cpl Nelson when you disrespected another Marine.

Did you see how I called Dave a punky arsed RVN Vet?

Well Kid, I CAN DO THAT!!!!! I WAS FVCKING THERE, AND SO WAS DAVE!!!!

That was not disrespect. We are Brothers, and Brothers have Sisters!!

Motto Poolee
02-12-08, 11:24 PM
Ok I got it. She could have been A LOT nicer. I don't believe she needed to react the way she did. It's alright though.

Nicer poolee!!!?? that was a freaking love tap compared what you are going to recieve in bootcamp! Im sorry but the Marine Corps is not for you in my book! The D.I. is going to destroy you!

[Edit, forgot to quote that]

aust10n
02-12-08, 11:30 PM
I'm glad you know who I'm and my character over the internet.
I'll be fine in bootcamp and as a Marine. It's the job of the D.I, he is paid and trained to break you down and build you up the Marine Corps way. I accepted that before I signed any papers.
I'm sorry but this isn't even a love tap. You can't compare this to bootcamp.

davblay
02-12-08, 11:31 PM
One thing you will learn if you become a Marine is that there are only two rules in the Corps....one... the people that outrank you are always right....and 2 if they are wrong,,,,,,see rule 1! That's all you need to know! Never argue, debate or challenge any Marine.......right now a Recruit out ranks you Poolee!

Are you taking my advice poolee? now?

Dave

Motto Poolee
02-12-08, 11:33 PM
I'm glad you know who I'm and my character over the internet.
I'll be fine in bootcamp and as a Marine. It's the job of the D.I, he is paid and trained to break you down and build you up the Marine Corps way. I accepted that before I signed any papers.
I'm sorry but this isn't even a love tap. You can't compare this to bootcamp.

I cannot figure out if this one is PVT Joker or PVT Pyle....help me out here Marines. I try to put unknowing Poolees in their place from time to time, I've been in the DEP for almost a year, but this one just doesn't get it, a little help here Marines?

Wyoming
02-12-08, 11:35 PM
I cannot figure out if this one is PVT Joker or PVT Pyle....help me out here Marines. I try to put unknowing Poolees in their place from time to time, I've been in the DEP for almost a year, but this one just doesn't get it, a little help here Marines?

Calm down Nick, the Marines have this one.

Watch and learn, your time will come.

aust10n
02-12-08, 11:36 PM
One thing you will learn if you become a Marine is that there are only two rules in the Corps....one... the people that outrank you are always right....and 2 if they are wrong,,,,,,see rule 1! That's all you need to know! Never argue, debate or challenge any Marine.......right now a Recruit out ranks you Poolee!

Are you taking my advice poolee? now?

Dave

I see. Thanks Dave.
I apologize to the Marines I insulted.

Motto Poolee
02-12-08, 11:36 PM
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/9303/11331823kr3.png

Motto Poolee
02-12-08, 11:39 PM
Calm down Nick, the Marines have this one.

Watch and learn, your time will come.

Yes Sir!

davblay
02-12-08, 11:40 PM
I see. Thanks Dave.
I apologize to the Marines I insulted.

There it is Marines and Poolees, now back off and drop it, move on to something else! OK?

aust10n
02-12-08, 11:40 PM
You need to settle down there. I'm actaully neither, because I'm not yet a Pvt. nor a Recruit. I'm just a Poolee. So calm down, ok heman.

Bullrider
02-12-08, 11:50 PM
You need to settle down there. I'm actaully neither, because I'm not yet a Pvt. nor a Recruit. I'm just a Poolee. So calm down, ok heman.

You have said your saving grace, if you will, just stop the haggling and what have you that when on in this thread. Learn your lesson and move on.

Wyoming
02-12-08, 11:51 PM

Well, you posted just as Dave did, BUT, you blew it again.

No problem, the WM's will be up and about in the morning.

aust10n
02-12-08, 11:52 PM
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/9303/11331823kr3.png
As for editing images to make fun of people. You need to do a better job. If you want, I'll do one for you.

skaterjon89
02-13-08, 12:35 AM
So how about them Dodgers eh?

Bullrider
02-13-08, 12:37 AM
So how about them Dodgers eh?

Its been proven

Diamondbacks > Dodgers.

skaterjon89
02-13-08, 12:41 AM
So how about them Mighty Ducks eh?

Bullrider
02-13-08, 12:49 AM
So how about them Mighty Ducks eh?

Damn good team, but Coyotes beat them 5-4 in OT about a month ago.

Sorry but I hate California teams, dont know why though.

skaterjon89
02-13-08, 12:54 AM
LOL that is a lot of teams you must hate then, I was just thinking, and we have numerous pro teams for all sports, it's ridiculous...

Bullrider
02-13-08, 01:00 AM
Yea, I suppose im just biased to my home state lol. When I was playing rugby we went out to Pasadena to play there team, I never played/fought with such tenacity before, still lost but some of those...

skaterjon89
02-13-08, 01:02 AM
I <3 Cali!

Bullrider
02-13-08, 01:03 AM
I <3 Cali!

I have something to admit....I lived in El Cajon for awhile lol

ZaCo
02-13-08, 05:03 AM
I dated a girl named Callie for 3 years. Took me three years to find out that she was a Grade A 'nut case'. But I guess I'll have to suck it up on the 19th because I'll be going back inside Cali! Haha!

Brandon1
02-13-08, 07:45 AM
AGH DAMN IT!!! I cant believe I missed this! I would have had some fun here lol. Anyways how about them Seahawks?

PatriotGirl422
02-13-08, 08:48 AM
No problem, the WM's will be up and about in the morning.

What? WM's? Dammit, did I miss something again? It seems like everytime something good happens I'm not here. I was out all night last night being an election judge. Damn governor decided to extend voting for an extra hour and a half...no one showed up of course because it was the middle of an ICE STORM!

Fubar5812
02-13-08, 10:39 AM
Moto Poolee,this topic kind of pertains too you,what are you gonna do if you earn the title man? i'm sure if you ask a mod will change your name,but still.

Artemis
02-13-08, 11:28 AM
I was going to let this go but I just can't help myself.
1. IF you ever get the honor of wearing the Eagle, Globe and Anchor maybe then I will show you some respect.
2. Bottom line is you disrepected several Marines on this site and you have no right.
3. You are crying about me and saying that I could be a little nicer, ha just wait because if you think I am mean your going to have a great time IF you ever make it to the fleet.
4. We are hear to help you not take a bunch of rude, cocky ass comments from you and if you can't handle that then get the fvck away from my Marine Corps.
5. Your a WANNABE lose the attitude plain and simple.

Motto Poolee
02-13-08, 11:47 AM
Moto Poolee,this topic kind of pertains too you,what are you gonna do if you earn the title man? i'm sure if you ask a mod will change your name,but still.

Ill worry about that when Im on my 10 day leave from boot, WHEN and IF I earn the title of a United States Marine on September 19th. I am not even close to earning the title right now, so Im not anywhere worried about it as of now. If youd like, when I ship to boot a mod can change my name to Moto Recruit?

Tegan
02-13-08, 02:28 PM
Ok BigAl.. Here goes. I'm so glad you caught me in a **** and vinegar kind of mood!

Disrespect is something that is far too common with Marines that are now getting to the fleet. The old generation calls it the 'new generation' really, we are. Its funny that this subject came up. My Gunny( or Gunnery Sergeant to you Poolees) and I were talking about generations this morning. Most of us that are filling the lower ranks of the Marine Corps are the 'Y' generation. Its an appropriate title because all we do is ask questions. Why this Why that.. What can't LCpl So and So do it, Why do I have to clean the ladderwell with a scuzz brush.. the list goes on.

I admit it, I had an attitude problem when I got to the fleet, a nasty one. After a good NCO sat me down, after ass chewing after ass chewing from a MSgt and SSgt my brain clicked and I snapped into it. I have no tolerance for whiney Marines. You don't like the rules set forth, good, clean ALL the ladderwell's in the building! I have no tolerance for disrespect. Take a minute out of your theres-only- I- in -team mentality and look around you. You should feel small. Look at what all the Marines have done before you! The hardships they have gone through. Sacrifices.

This poolee, austin whatever his name is. Obviously he doesnt know of the amount of Fleet Marines are on this site. And I laughed out loud when he said he will let his drill instructors fix him in April. Boy, your going to be the trouble maker, your going to be the one to cry first, the one to start walking when you hurt too much, the one that does the lowest amount of pull ups because you dont want to exert yourself, the one that eats all the junk off the chow line, UNQ's on every qual day of the range so that your fellow recruits have to pull pits for you, the one that scratches. The Nasty One. That's what your name tag, screen name, nickname, should have been, for you are a Nasty One. And I will be damned if your sleezy attitude makes it to the fleet, but grateful when you meet one of us in the Fleet.

BigAl, As far as the term WM goes. If I hear it in a sentence that is inappopriate, I will confront the Marine tactfully. It usually doesnt bother me, but if the shop doesn't want to play the she's-weaker-than-we-are game then good. I dont want to hear it. I'm a Marine, just like it says on the nametape. If I catch a FEMALE saying it, she better stand by.

This may be online, but these Marines, former, retired, current have earned their say.

.....I DONT KNOW WHY YOU AREN'T AT PARADE REST WHEN AN NCO IS TALKING TO YOU!:evilgrin:

Wyoming
02-13-08, 02:42 PM
Ouch!!

Good and well thought out reply.

Ok, Tegan, you be right. You ARE a Marine.

I think me arse is bleeding!!

Now, I'll show you mine if you show me yours, ribbons that is.:D

Tegan
02-13-08, 03:56 PM
haha. very well BigAl:)

Artemis
02-13-08, 04:03 PM
I don't know what the issue is with calling a Female Marine a WM. It never bothered me any and I belong to the Women Marines Association so if it's good enough for them it's good enough for me.

Motto Poolee
02-13-08, 04:08 PM
I take it WM stands for women Marine?

Tegan
02-13-08, 04:20 PM
Yes, I guess it just depends on who you talk to ya know..

Artemis
02-13-08, 04:41 PM
I think it also depends on the manner that it is used as well.

LeonardLawrence
02-13-08, 05:12 PM
Motto and Aust10n, looks like I missed the discussion. |:(

Please refrain from publically posting my picture on the web....

LeonardLawrence
02-13-08, 05:15 PM
I was going to let this go but I just can't help myself.
1. IF you ever get the honor of wearing the Eagle, Globe and Anchor maybe then I will show you some respect.
2. Bottom line is you disrepected several Marines on this site and you have no right.
3. You are crying about me and saying that I could be a little nicer, ha just wait because if you think I am mean your going to have a great time IF you ever make it to the fleet.
4. We are hear to help you not take a bunch of rude, cocky ass comments from you and if you can't handle that then get the fvck away from my Marine Corps.
5. Your a WANNABE lose the attitude plain and simple.

WHAT CORPORAL NELLY SAID!!!:devious:

aust10n
02-13-08, 05:16 PM
Motto and Aust10n, looks like I missed the discussion. |:(

I'm sorry you missed it. It was fun. I stayed up past my bed time for it. Next time I'll spam your PM box until you join in.:)

LeonardLawrence
02-13-08, 05:21 PM
:devious: I dare ya!:devious:

:mad:

Wyoming
02-13-08, 05:22 PM
I'm sorry you missed it. It was fun. I stayed up past my bed time for it. Next time I'll spam your PM box until you join in.:)

Kid, you still don't get it. It was dead serious.

aust10n
02-13-08, 05:26 PM

Chill out. LeonardLawrence original post said "Motto and Aust10n, looks like I missed the fun." or something along those lines. That is what I responded to.
Again it's the internet, I take absolutely nothing anyone says over the internet serious.

SlingerDun
02-13-08, 05:27 PM
Most of us that are filling the lower ranks of the Marine Corps are the 'Y' generation. Its an appropriate title because all we do is ask questions. Why this Why that.. What can't LCpl So and So do it, Why do I have to clean the ladderwell with a scuzz...hehehehe thats mostly a youth thing maaan. Although a contributing factor can be the lack of hard ass superiors, parents, so accustomed at trying to pacify and appease the urchins with timeouts and reasoning that the effects lasts well into adulthood. It seems to take hard knocks to purge this mentality and a tough occupation tempers the "Y"s.

Hear a few words of advice from someone who's worked with many professionals in various fields: Beware all that claim to have, or been diagnosed with ADD ADHD "NDADT" its not your fault and i curse the head shrinking quacks who coined these so called "ailments" to sell pharmaceuticals and avoid injuring parental feelers but don't wait until your all big and growed up to quit believing this, start now. Imagine how lame it will sound if you are hired on in an occupation where you are expected to perform for hours on end, day in day out but you have 'attention deficit' and you tell this to your co-workers. All but hippies and quiff will laugh and scorn and you will probably be fired.

--->Dave

LeonardLawrence
02-13-08, 05:28 PM

aust10n.

I should have made my point clear. The "fun" would have been all mine as I support both Cpl Bigal and Cpl Denny in their comments and would have actively supported that. I stand beside my brothers and sisters on this issue and think you were in the wrong.

I !!!!HIGHLY!!!! recommend you think before you type in the future.

LeonardLawrence
02-13-08, 05:29 PM
Chill out

WRONG ANSWER
SEE ADVICE ABOVE

aust10n
02-13-08, 05:31 PM
aust10n.

I should have made my point clear. The "fun" would have been all mine as I support both Cpl Bigal and Cpl Denny in their comments and would have actively supported that. I stand beside my brothers and sisters on this issue and think you were in the wrong.

I !!!!HIGHLY!!!! recommend you think before you type in the future.
You're a Marine I would have expected nothing more. It would have been an honor to have you seen your posts last night.

LeonardLawrence
02-13-08, 05:34 PM
You're a Marine I would have expected nothing more. It would have been an honor to have you seen your posts last night.

I still feel like you are missing the point..... It is about respecting your elders, those who have been there and done that and sucking it up when you feel you have been wronged.

An apology, left at that and move on would be the most mature, respected thing....

aust10n
02-13-08, 05:38 PM
I still feel like you are missing the point..... It is about respecting your elders, those who have been there and done that and sucking it up when you feel you have been wronged.

An apology, left at that and move on would be the most mature, respected thing....

No I got the point. I got the point last night when it all started.
I have apologized once. Afterwards I went to bed, where I woke up this morning and went to school. For nuts and giggles I hoped on, and saw that I'm pretty famous. People were still talking about last night:evilgrin:

Motto Poolee
02-13-08, 05:54 PM
You little scumbag, you are beginning to **** me off! Don't talk back to these Marines, and from now on I declare you don't speak unless spoken to, until you can clean up your damn attitude! When I came on here I was almost like you, I too didn't leave my attitude at the door, I guess you can say A Marine stopped me on the way in and I lost it ever since, get my drift?

Wyoming
02-13-08, 06:05 PM
You little scumbag, you are beginning to **** me off! Don't talk back to these Marines, and from now on I declare you don't speak unless spoken to, until you can clean up your damn attitude! When I came on here I was almost like you, I too didn't leave my attitude at the door, I guess you can say A Marine stopped me on the way in and I lost it ever since, get my drift?

Nick, let the Marines play this one out.

There will be more folks here in a bit.

Stand down!

davblay
02-13-08, 06:05 PM
No I got the point. I got the point last night when it all started.
I have apologized once. Afterwards I went to bed, where I woke up this morning and went to school. For nuts and giggles I hoped on, and saw that I'm pretty famous. People were still talking about last night:evilgrin:

YOUR GIVING ME THE RED ASS! AT EASE AUSTIN! This is the last time poolee! :mad:

Dave

aust10n
02-13-08, 06:09 PM

That has to be one of the funniest things I have ever read on the interweb.

I can't believe anyone or group for that matter could get so offended by what someone says over the internet. It is unbelievable.

Tegan
02-13-08, 06:32 PM
.. wait until you get to the Fleet. Wait until that first SNCO chews your ass.

MotivatorOfTheGuard
02-13-08, 06:34 PM
Alright, at this point i think everyone has forgetten their sense of tact. Both poolee and Marine alike...i think a moderator needs to lock this one down.