PDA

View Full Version : The Crucible - Details?

FeMzZ
02-09-08, 10:00 AM
Can someone please post the events or timeline of or something of The Crucible? I would like to know what actually happens in it but i havent seen or heard anything about specific drills or routines that you do in The Crucible. Maybe the guy who just got back yesterday could help? thanks alot

Seoke
02-09-08, 11:36 AM
The best one I've found so far is located here:
http://www.tamisclock.com/archives/001496.html

This is assuming its all correct =P

BR34
02-09-08, 04:50 PM
You could always just go to bootcamp and find out like everyone else.

You want an exact timeline? May I ask, "Why?"

Seoke
02-09-08, 04:59 PM
=P To know what we're getting ourselves into and to be as prepared as possible before going thorugh, its seems to me like its less physically demanding then it is mentally demanding though. You get a total of 8 hours of sleep in 54 four hours, you march a ton of miles, and the obstacles seem to be mostly just trying to figure out how to do something efficiently and correct. At least thats what I got from it >> If any Marines could let me know if this is true tell me ^_^ I'd be grateful.

davblay
02-09-08, 05:03 PM
The way I understand the Crucible, you are tested on every skill you have been taught during Boot Camp, during that event! Kind of like a final test on what you learned all thru boot camp, I guess!

Seoke
02-09-08, 05:06 PM
Ahh alright ^_^ thanks then =P

BR34
02-09-08, 05:50 PM
You get a total of 8 hours of sleep in 54 four hours, you march a ton of miles, and the obstacles seem to be mostly just trying to figure out how to do something efficiently and correct. At least thats what I got from it >> If any Marines could let me know if this is true tell me ^_^ I'd be grateful.
That pretty much sums it up, Poolee. Except you don't hump a ton of miles, you hump a **** load of miles, and you low crawl a ton of miles. If I give too many details MOA will think recruits are being hazed.

Seoke
02-09-08, 05:52 PM
Lol alright =P Thanks for the info

Big Jim
02-09-08, 07:40 PM
=P To know what we're getting ourselves into and to be as prepared as possible before going thorugh, its seems to me like its less physically demanding then it is mentally demanding though. >> If any Marines could let me know if this is true tell me ^_^ I'd be grateful.

It's always good to be prepared..and this generation is THE MOST INFORMED generation of mankind because of technology. The rest of us generations before you went through bootcamp the old fashioned way by just showing up and doing it!! There is something to be said for patience and the mentally strong minded and the always prepared recruit!! This website is a very, very useful tool when passing on all the information you need to prepare yourselves for bootcamp!!

BUT....we can ONLY pass on the info and to tell you what to prepare for...we can't tell you how it looks or how it smells or timelines or how hard it is, understand? You just have to show up with a real motivated, positive attitude and prove to your Drill Instructors, your family, friends and peers...and most of all...yourself...that YOU CAN DO IT!! You don't need anything more or anything less, ok? I believe in ALOT of you next generation Poolies...you have determination and the eager willingness to try and gut this thing out...I want to wish you all...THE BEST OF LUCK!! NOW GET YOUR AZZEZ DOWN THERE AND COME BACK WITH THAT TITLE!! NEVER QUIT, NEVER GIVE UP!!

crazymjb
02-09-08, 07:53 PM
From all I have heard boot camp prepares you well for the crucible. Most guys say it is difficult in the sense it demands a lot from you, but it is far from the most difficult aspect of boot. Also with the Eagle Globe and Anchor ceremony at its culmination, you get a A$$ load of motivation throughout the whole thing. The other reoccurring thing I have heard is to be careful because they get a lot of injuries (sprained ankles, etc) from people being tired, etc.

Mike

BR34
02-09-08, 08:07 PM
The other reoccurring thing I have heard is to be careful because they get a lot of injuries (sprained ankles, etc) from people being tired, etc.

Mike

Another injury maker is the hump you do through the woods starting at like 2100. You literally can not see the recruit in front of you! I highstepped the entire hump to make sure I didn't roll my ankle on some unseen obstacle in the path. Others didn't, and they ended up on crutches and grad hold status.

Seoke
02-09-08, 08:34 PM
Awesome =P Sounds like a good idea, I'll remember that Hopeful, Thanks =P