PDA

View Full Version : Marriage

Seoke
02-09-08, 01:37 AM
Lets say a Marine is married and gets shipped some place like Japan. Does his spouse travel with him or how does that work?

LeonardLawrence
02-09-08, 01:47 AM
Depends on the tour,--- where the stationing is--what type of deployment it is. There are both accompanied and unaccompanied tours.

I was in an infantry unit...6 months in Okinawa...no wife. Twice.

Other Sgts out there, deployed for a year.... no wife.

Permanent Change of Station...probably accompanied.

Seoke
02-09-08, 01:53 AM
Alright thanks =P I was wondering about that in case I ever get married >>

LeonardLawrence
02-09-08, 01:56 AM
Alright thanks =P I was wondering about that in case I ever get married >>

Keep the positive attitude! Dont Do it! :nerd:

I have been married for 11 years, 2+ in the Corps and love every minute of it. Your mileage may vary though. :tank:

contessojohn
02-09-08, 02:09 AM
Seoke man, You talking Marriage already man lol c'mon listin to LeonardLawrence stay free for as long as you can. I hear to many men giving me the horror stories of marriage and forget that. Gonna keep as many girls around me for fun but no ring but then agian if it happens what can you do....

kaboom1371
02-09-08, 02:27 AM
why be married? You will get to have girls washy washy in a bucket and love you long time.

Seoke
02-09-08, 02:32 AM
Oh lol no way I'm not getting married anytime soon >> lol Don't want to either, I plan on staying single now so that I can do my Marine thing =P Just wanted to know just in case :3 You never know

chili77bowl
02-09-08, 08:19 AM
look, my wife and I just celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary.
and we have had all kinds of fun traveling together with the Marine Corps.

I did a UDP (6mo to Okinawa, couldn't take her anyways was engaged to her at the time.) and I JUST did a 3 year tour there and she and I (as well as our two children) LOVED it.

Parker-0321
02-09-08, 10:28 AM
why be married? You will get to have girls washy washy in a bucket and love you long time.

lol been to a soapy place in Okinawa eh?

My advice: Don't get married as a junior Marine. Most don't last. Wait till your reenlistment or at least until your an NCO. Pick somewhere crazy to be stationed and enjoy yourself, you only get to do it once!

Seoke
02-09-08, 11:35 AM
lol been to a soapy place in Okinawa eh?

My advice: Don't get married as a junior Marine. Most don't last. Wait till your reenlistment or at least until your an NCO. Pick somewhere crazy to be stationed and enjoy yourself, you only get to do it once!

Gotcha ^_^

Gibbs08
02-09-08, 03:40 PM
They say the number one cause of divorce is marriage. ;)

Marine84
02-09-08, 05:54 PM
Honey, if the Corps wanted you to have a wife, they would issue you one. And, like the guys on here will tell you (even some of the married ones), the women DO try to washy washy and love you long time over there. They always hated us WMs cause they thought we were trying to cut in on their "business".

Big Jim
02-09-08, 07:44 PM
Honey, if the Corps wanted you to have a wife, they would issue you one. And, like the guys on here will tell you (even some of the married ones), the women DO try to washy washy and love you long time over there. They always hated us WMs cause they thought we were trying to cut in on their "business".

Kim...say it ain't so...!!! LOL!! You beautiful stack of pancakes you!!

chili77bowl
02-10-08, 10:54 AM

I always enjoyed it for free instead of paying for it anyways...
And I already knew the language!

Big Jim
02-10-08, 12:56 PM
Oh lol no way I'm not getting married anytime soon >> lol Don't want to either, I plan on staying single now so that I can do my Marine thing =P Just wanted to know just in case :3 You never know

I don't want to discourage you but if you're married...there are some things the Marine Corps will not consider you a candidate for such as MSG Embassy duty and some other Special Ops teams...for instance. They actually prefer you NOT be married or have any identifying marks or tattoos on your person. I really can't give you advice though...I got married at the end of last enlistment...it still didn't work!! Just trying to save you from making the same mistake I made I guess. I have 2 daughters from the marriage though...wouldn't trade them in for the world even if it was offered! BUt, marriage and the Marine Corps DO NOT MIX!!!!

skaterjon89
02-10-08, 03:39 PM
marriage and military in general is hard, I was a military brat and saw first hand the strain it puts on a wife and children in my case.

SGT7477
02-10-08, 04:21 PM
In my time I saw alot of marriages go bad was glad I waited to get out of the Corp. before I tied the knot been married for 30 years,OOHRAH.

Marine84
02-10-08, 07:13 PM
I always enjoyed it for free instead of paying for it anyways...

Yeah...............them M&Ms DID cost next to nothing, huh?