PDA

View Full Version : Dq

Seoke
02-08-08, 11:31 PM
I searched the forums and couldnt find anything about this, so if its already posted I'm sorry for wasting all your time. I had a question for my recruiter today but I forgot to ask him when I was in his office and I wanted to see if I could get an answer before tomorrow morniing =P

If I dont pass a certain section in Boot Camp (i.e. MCMAP, Marksmanship, etc etc) will the restart me with a different unit or will I get kicked out immediately? If they restart you how many times do they do it. I went through Army BCT and I know they had a kid they restarted like 12 times but I'm pretty sure the Marines won't do that =P So any answers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a ton!
Heath

LeonardLawrence
02-08-08, 11:34 PM
Marine recruit training has drops. If you fail a certain section, you will get dropped to the next platoon if they believe you to be salvageable.

On the other hand...recruit training is basic knowledge and is instructed using unique methods.....it is not rocket science.

The secret, in my opinion, is to have the mindset you will learn all you can and you will graduate on time by learning all you need to. Keep that attitude, accept nothing less and you will do fine.

Big Jim
02-08-08, 11:41 PM
I searched the forums and couldnt find anything about this, so if its already posted I'm sorry for wasting all your time. I had a question for my recruiter today but I forgot to ask him when I was in his office and I wanted to see if I could get an answer before tomorrow morniing =P

If I dont pass a certain section in Boot Camp (i.e. MCMAP, Marksmanship, etc etc) will the restart me with a different unit or will I get kicked out immediately? If they restart you how many times do they do it. I went through Army BCT and I know they had a kid they restarted like 12 times but I'm pretty sure the Marines won't do that =P So any answers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a ton!
Heath

This is why the mental part of bootcamp is so difficult and is so demanding! The fear of failure! We ALL had to go through it though...you have to just program yourself that failing isn't an option. But, like the Corporal said..ITS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE! They will work with you to try again if people do fail a section...but the DI's also know even though they are pushing you as hard as you can be pushed...there will be some people that will fail. This is why its so damn important to be prepared...mentally and especially physically, ok?

Seoke
02-08-08, 11:45 PM
Well I'm going to try my hardest to get through it! I really appreciate the answers though, that was great information. You guys are great motivators for me. I'm mostly just worried about the marksmanship. My recruiter tells me not to worry about it, but I can't help it. I used to have trouble hitting the 300 yard targets in Army BCT. Even if everyone in the Marines tell me that they teach you a lot better and more in depth about how to shoot a rifle, I can't help but be nervous about it. =P

Big Jim
02-08-08, 11:48 PM
Well I'm going to try my hardest to get through it! I really appreciate the answers though, that was great information. You guys are great motivators for me. I'm mostly just worried about the marksmanship. My recruiter tells me not to worry about it, but I can't help it. I used to have trouble hitting the 300 yard targets in Army BCT. Even if everyone in the Marines tell me that they teach you a lot better and more in depth about how to shoot a rifle, I can't help but be nervous about it. =P

Your recruiter is right...listen to him. All you need to have is the motivation and to never, ever quit or give up!! There's no reason to fear...the PMI's in the Marine Corps will walk you step by step so you will understand everything you have to do. I know this because I was a Primary Marksmanship Instructor and a competitive shooter. You'll have plenty of time and instruction...don't worry so much...they'll take good care of you!

Seoke
02-08-08, 11:56 PM
Thanks again! Reading the stories on here is helping me a lot, reading all the questions and all the help you all give. Thanks Jim; for everything ^_^

LeonardLawrence
02-08-08, 11:58 PM

Change your mindset, poolee. A little edit....How about....

"Well, I'm going to try my hardest and get through it!

Seoke
02-09-08, 12:01 AM
Sounds good to me cpl =] I know I'll get through it, I've wanted to be a Marine very badly for as long as I can remember. I'd go through anything to become a Marine. I know it will be a lot of hard work and it will take a lot of time, but I'm willing to put in all the time it takes and to work as harder then I've ever worked before.

LeonardLawrence
02-09-08, 12:03 AM
Sounds good to me cpl =] I know I'll get through it, I've wanted to be a Marine very badly for as long as I can remember. I'd go through anything to become a Marine. I know it will be a lot of hard work and it will take a lot of time, but I'm willing to put in all the time it takes and to work as harder then I've ever worked before.

You just wrote the secret to sucess. No worries, go to recruit training, do your thing and graduate. Simple. :cool:

Big Jim
02-09-08, 12:04 AM

Thats better...remember you will be tested on that so it has to be true!!! That fortitude and determination must be coming out of your pores, boy! Oh and always remember to capitalize any rank, Marine Corps and Marine ok?

Seoke
02-09-08, 12:05 AM
Will do CPL :D Thanks for the advice again! I'll remember to capitalize Marine Corps, Marine, and ranks ^_^

Big Jim
02-09-08, 12:07 AM
Will do CPL :D Thanks for the advice again! I'll remember to capitalize Marine Corps, Marine, and ranks ^_^

OUT-FRIKKIN-STANDING!!! YOU FOLLOW DIRECTIONS WELL...THAT'S HALF THE BATTLE!! YOU'LL DO WELL IN BOOT CAMP!

contessojohn
02-09-08, 12:08 AM
Seoke, I'm with you Bud, I have always looked up to Marines and Recruits that wish to become one. There is so much hard work in becoming one but I understand in the end the work is well worth it. I'm just starting my journy to becoming a Marine, I gotta lose a lot of wait(yes I'm a fat body) but I know that Hopefully within this year I will walk on the Graduation field just like so many of you before me.

LeonardLawrence
02-09-08, 12:10 AM
:D Outstanding unless he was talking to you Sgt. In which case he is totally ****ed....:D

Oh wait...can he see this?? This isn't a pm??:bunny:

kaboom1371
02-09-08, 12:10 AM
just pay close attention to what every instructor says in all categories. Just shoot like they teach you not how you were taught previously. Ask your PMI's any question you might doubt yourself about and they will explain it to you.

like LeonardLawrence said don't go with a fail attitude.

Seoke
02-09-08, 12:11 AM
just pay close attention to what every instructor says in all categories. Just shoot like they teach you not how you were taught previously. Ask your PMI's any question you might doubt yourself about and they will explain it to you.

like LeonardLawrence said don't go with a fail attitude.

I'll definately remember your advice! Thanks!

Wyoming
02-09-08, 10:08 AM

Thanks a ton!
Heath

These guys all have given good advise and you appear to be listening.

Question - I went through Army BCT - What does that mean??

Seoke
02-09-08, 11:37 AM
It means I went through Army Basic, and didnt like the Army.. at all.. So now I'm going to be a Marine!

Wyoming
02-09-08, 12:31 PM
Well excuse me!!!

But, WTF, you went through army basic, didn't like it, and went home?

New one on me!!!!

Seoke
02-09-08, 01:41 PM
Well excuse me!!!

But, WTF, you went through army basic, didn't like it, and went home?

New one on me!!!!

Nope you shouldnt jump to conclusions =P I was in the Army from 03/05 to 03/07 ^_^

Big Jim
02-09-08, 08:07 PM
Nope you shouldnt jump to conclusions =P I was in the Army from 03/05 to 03/07 ^_^

....HEY, HEY Its about respect now..remember? Don't disappont me. You need to start curbing your rebellion or you'll find yourself ALOT stronger coming out of boot!! Understand?! This Marine just wanted to know the story of you and the Army...hell, I was wonderin bout it myself. You DO NOT correct Marines or argue with Marines or become belligerent with Marines, ok? This is absolutely imperative!!! Think about it...if you can't take the little push that Marine gave you here on this website...how successful will you be when you have a DI screaming in your face cussing and spittin at you?! You KNOW that's coming, right? If you fail that, it's a sign of weakness and the DI's will be ALL OVER you if you do that in bootcamp!! So, start now by having the utmost respect for the people who came before you and earned the title you so very much want, ok? Ok!!

Seoke
02-09-08, 08:30 PM
Sorry, hope you all accept my apology.

Wyoming
02-09-08, 08:51 PM
Thanks Jim, I went out and shoveled snow to keep from blowing up.

I then went to the 'V' and had a drink.

We'll see if this army dude wants to play, or be a Marine, as he HAS NO CLUE as to WTF Marine Boot Camp is like.

Big Jim
02-09-08, 10:48 PM
Sorry, hope you all accept my apology.

No problem as long as you learn from your mistake...something valuable came from it. Its all about the respect...you start at the bottom and work yourself up the ladder...we were ALL where you are so don't feel like you're being treated 'unfairly' because to be honest...it's ALL unfair...and until you get that title you really aren't considered to have or give any respect. But when you DO finally earn that title...then and only then do you have something to be respected and it only gets better from there...I promise! Bootcamp, for some, is just a homecoming...meaning they're born to it...for others its a nightmare...they can't function, think or understand any of it...those guys wash out. Some fold, others focus...which one will YOU be? Just listen and learn and you'll be ok. I know you can do that. Stay in touch, Poolie!!!

davblay
02-09-08, 10:52 PM
It means I went through Army Basic, and didnt like the Army.. at all.. So now I'm going to be a Marine!

OK, I know what you old salts are thinking! At least I was in the Corps first! HAHA! ;)

Dave

Seoke
02-09-08, 11:54 PM
Lol =P My Army recruiter talked me into the Army because I could join at 17 and I really wanted to get in ASAP. =/ Made the mistake of rushing into the military without really considering what I truely wanted out of it.

skaterjon89
02-10-08, 02:54 AM
I have some nervousness about bootcamp too, (was supposed to leave Monday, Sgt. Major changed it to the 19th :\ ) but I see Recruit Training a couple of ways to get through it.

1. Listen carefully
2. Read carefully
3. Speak carefully
4. It's not impossible
5. That guy can do it, so can I

The Rifle part of the training sort of worried me also, I'll just clean that Rifle 'till that **** makes Ghandi want to kill something because of its cleanliness precision and I will pay attention to my instructors, I really don't want the pizza box medal :D

LeonardLawrence
02-10-08, 04:09 AM
I have some nervousness about bootcamp too, (was supposed to leave Monday, Sgt. Major changed it to the 19th :\ ) but I see Recruit Training a couple of ways to get through it.

1. Listen carefully
2. Read carefully
3. Speak carefully
4. It's not impossible
5. That guy can do it, so can I

The Rifle part of the training sort of worried me also, I'll just clean that Rifle 'till that **** makes Ghandi want to kill something because of its cleanliness precision and I will pay attention to my instructors, I really don't want the pizza box medal :D

An extra nine days to sweat. I think you have it right. #4. Would love to see it worded as "It is Possible". Impossible shouldn't be anywhere near your mindset....anywhere....

Phantom Blooper
02-10-08, 05:19 AM
When your up to azz in alligators remember, your initial objective was to drain the swamp!

The army didn't tell you that the rifle and weapons in the Marine Corps are your friend. Trust it and trust yourself and CHANGE your mindset and you will qualify. One well aimed shot is all that counts to hit an enemy or your target.

Good advice from the Sgt and the Cpl's ........RESPECT goes a very long way on this site to get the needed help or advice or to drop you faster than an airborne army parachute....START NOW or your Marine Corps life can be worse than worrying about qualifying on the 500 yd line!:evilgrin:

Big Jim
02-10-08, 01:09 PM
Lol =P My Army recruiter talked me into the Army because I could join at 17 and I really wanted to get in ASAP. =/ Made the mistake of rushing into the military without really considering what I truely wanted out of it.

Nobody's blaming you for joining the Army...hell everybody makes mistakes!! Best thing I can tell you bout that though is to just forget about EVERYTHING you learned from the Army...I'm SERIOUS about that!! The Marine Corps does things its OWN way and none of those ways have anything to do with how the Army does them, understand? What I mean is...don't question the differences between the Army and the Marine Corps as to why there are differences...just KNOW that they are there and stick to the Marine Corps way!! Remember that old addage..."LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR?" Marines LIVE by that code!! Loyalty means EVERYTHING!!! This will get you through they "why" stage, ok?

I see you asking alot of questions...thats a good thing most of the time...but try doing search and exhausting all efforts of trying to find the answers on your own before starting a thread thats already been covered, ok? Or better yet...you can PM and ask if a subject has already been covered if you like? Most of the time, your question has already been answered. I'm not saying don't ask but alot of us are on here answering the same questions day in and day out when they could just be researched by pollies wanting the answers, you know? So, shoot me a message if you think its already been asked, ok? Thanks buddy!

skaterjon89
02-10-08, 07:47 PM
Yeah, searching for old threads is actually fun, look for "Accords First letter" that **** made me crack up, I stumbled across that one... Good times...