PDA

View Full Version : Ribbons & medals

gnarkill04
02-08-08, 09:37 PM
How do you get them in and out of boot and how can you get a lot in boot? Or does everyone get a certain amount of ribbons for doing the same things?

Might be a dumb question, if so, my bad.

Wyoming
02-08-08, 09:50 PM
How do you get them in and out of boot and how can you get a lot in boot? Or does everyone get a certain amount of ribbons for doing the same things?

Might be a dumb question, if so, my bad.

Easy - Go Army!! :banana:

chili77bowl
02-08-08, 09:50 PM
Dear I just want to look like a hero...

WTF!!!!!

What Marine really cares about his medals...oh, but I can see that you are just a wanna be that thinks that is all there is to life...

look, join the Air Force...after their boot camp, you'll have enough **** on your chest to impress Ms. Mary Jane RottenKrotch to get her into bed with your sorry little ass...

-Chili:mad:

gnarkill04
02-08-08, 10:00 PM
Haha, maybe I misdirected the question. I'm wondering what ribbons you get in boot and medals and what they mean. Sorry about the how to get em question. Gotta earn that title first.

contessojohn
02-08-08, 10:02 PM
Chili77bowl, Awesome siganature! Let's make a huge banner with those words and get everybody Real signature and put it on those idiots building over at the westbro"i hate everybody"church!!

Wyoming
02-08-08, 10:05 PM
Haha, maybe I misdirected the question. I'm wondering what ribbons you get in boot and medals and what they mean. Sorry about the how to get em question. Gotta earn that title first.

This will help - Just pick what you want -
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/ribbonchecker.php

kaboom1371
02-08-08, 10:12 PM
Marines don't give you sh*t. You earn what you get in the Marines. If your worried about a salad bar join the Air Force. They have better chow halls.

gnarkill04
02-08-08, 10:24 PM
Not expectin anything, either Cpl. I'll learn to love the Marine chow hall.

Just curious as to what the ribbons/medals meant.

kaboom1371
02-08-08, 10:50 PM
you would have got better answers if you asked that question the first time. Not the how many do I get question. Anyway, These are the Marine Medals and Ribbons

http://www.grunts*************/marineribs.php

davblay
02-08-08, 10:50 PM
Unless you are Prior Service, and already have ribbons/medals, when you graduate Boot Camp you will have one ribbon, the National Defense Service Ribbon/Medal plus your shooting badge....That's all! You will get what ever other ribbons/medals your unit in the Fleet is intitled to! As you earn your personal awards, then you get those.

Every ribbon on a Marines chest means something special to that Marine. The Corps doesn't give them away, you earn them either as an individual or as a unit, but you earn them! Show me a chest full of ribbons on a Marine, and I'll show you a Hero!

Precruit....don't worry about the ribbons! The Corps will see to it you get all you deserve!

Dave

kaboom1371
02-08-08, 10:57 PM
They give you a National Defense Service Medal for graduating boot camp? Dang they are just giving them away. I had to go to war to get one. Sheeeeesh.

gnarkill04
02-08-08, 11:06 PM
Thats more of what I was curious about, Dave. I'm hopin to earn the title by itself, just curious as to the significance of the ribbons and what it takes to earn them. Not necessarily that I'm strivin to be the next Chesty Puller or anything.

Seoke
02-08-08, 11:43 PM
They give you a National Defense Service Medal for graduating boot camp? Dang they are just giving them away. I had to go to war to get one. Sheeeeesh.

"Criteria: a. The National Defense Service Medal was awarded for honorable active service for any period between 27 June 1950 and 27 July 1954; between 1 January 1961 and 14 August 1974; between 2 August 1990 and 30 November 1995 and between 11 September 2001 and a closing date to be determined. For the purpose of the award, the following persons will not be considered as performing active service:"

As long as you were active duty after September 11 you should have gotten one =/ Unless my information is wrong. If it is let me know ^_^ If its not I'm sorry you didnt get it like you should have without going to war =P Although I do appreciate you going and I'm glad you came back okay =]

kaboom1371
02-08-08, 11:47 PM
They didn't GIVE them out while I was in. They were authorized again during the Gulf War in which I received one then.

Seoke
02-09-08, 12:07 AM
They didn't GIVE them out while I was in. They were authorized again during the Gulf War in which I received one then.

Ahh okay I get it now =P sorry then, just trying my best to give back to the forum ^_^

chili77bowl
02-09-08, 08:25 AM
the National defense medal is given out for serving in a time of war...no matter what duty station you filled...or where you went or what you did...

Sgt Leprechaun
02-09-08, 02:14 PM
Also known as "The Firewatch Medal" because everyone gets it in Recruit Training.

Where you stand 'firewatch', if it's still called that.

I'll be requesting to move this one to the Uniform section.

FistFu68
02-09-08, 02:34 PM
:evilgrin: MEDALS DON'T FEED THE BULLDOG :evilgrin: