PDA

View Full Version : The Marines Killed My Cousin!

thedrifter
02-07-08, 07:37 PM
February 7, 2008 Permalink

The Marines Killed My Cousin!
Diary Entry by Dale Hill

Yep, you read that right. The Marines killed my cousin in a helicopter during an unneeded and risky helicopter practice action during bad weather over the San Francisco Bay. My cousin's body was found. 6 of his buddies remain burried at sea.

::::::::
This weeks, "The Nation," has a great article by Kathie Dobie, entitled, "Denial in the Corps." The Marines eat their own. They refuse to admit, their own need mental health services. It is a must read! Maybe it is posted online.

"... He spoke often of suicide. The Marines never diagnosed his post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)."

It is a must read about how that branch of our military refuses to diagnose and treat PTSD, to save tons of money on treatment, and keep the "Marines ethos, alive!" Claw and find the article and read it. If we can't get it right, then we should close that branch of our military down! My cousin's 3 brothers died as well under other conditions: one a Navy suicide; one a car wreck, and their last, of cancer. My aunt is my mother's best friend and she deserved to have at least one of her sons burry her and her hubby. All they have left is their daughter who must tend to her husband after an almost lethal stroke. Their faith in God has not wavered, but she still hears her sons voices outside their house in Florida.

Is a 34 year retired educator with a Masters Degree in Counseling - a free-lance writer with articles in Spanish and English Guideposts, Mothering, Oklahoma Observer, Oklahoma Gazette, Westview, Oklahoma Reader, The Lookout, Christian Standard ... . The author has the largest number of published "letters" in the history of Time magazine and NEA Today. Just had an LTTE in NEWSWEEK in December, 2007. Dale W. Hill is married with 5 children, 4 grand-children, one foster child, and 4 foster grandchildren. He and his wife, Marcella, live near Anadarko, Oklahoma, at which school he retired in 2002. Hill is a computer collector, writer, and musician.

Ellie