PDA

View Full Version : Back in the saddle!

thedrifter
02-07-08, 09:21 AM
February 01, 2008
Back in the saddle!
OneMarine’sView-Maj B

Now in Iraq, the Marines are conducting themselves as expected and are full of energy to take on what awaits. From the last time I was here, some things have changed, others have not. The sexy burning trash smells including burning tires, medal and who knows what else is ever present. The area hasn’t changed either; same old neighborhood and I think I even see a few dogs that tried to bite me last time. One big change since last deployment is the people. Did anyone happen to notice that the Iraqi people here are behind us and helping us? Wow, that is the single biggest difference, the people. From local volunteers to professional trained Iraqi police and Army, the local populace has turned 180 degrees from my last deployment. Sorry for not posting in awhile but something about no computers in the middle of hell and when I do find one the service is marginal. Email is not even a real option yet as I damn near had to trade off my next born to use this computer but I will let you know when email is back up. Stay tuned kids, its going to be a hell of a ride!!!!

Ellie