PDA

View Full Version : We selfish and the ungrateful...

skaterjon89
02-07-08, 05:58 AM
This video made me realize REALLY how good I have it, I don't ***** and moan to much, but when I do this ought to make me stfu. I got great respect for all service members, any branch, this just heightened that...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qxuXbIrcJCk

:iwo:

EDIT:Spelling

Big Jim
02-07-08, 06:34 AM
Jon...you really have a strong grip on reality. Thats a rare thing for a young man your age...don't ever lose that because that is what will get you the strength and resolve you need to get through life's demanding situations. Just reading your little thread here makes that valuable attribute of yours plainly obvious. Keep that level and cool head but never sway from the reality of lifes' situations...especially when you're a Marine!! You'll do well in the Corps with that type of resolve!

...and yes, these are the type of things are what combat veterans deal with...it's THE harsh reality of war and the realization of exactly what we are fighting for and exactly why we're fighting. It takes a different kind of person, more than your average person, who has more resolve. ability, intestinal fortitude and above all...the courage to stand behind his beliefs and live by the honor and committment of his/her decisions. Thats what will come after you learn exactly why your in the military. It what the normal population of America wants to stay blind and oblivious to and its also what they don't understand. But, keep your convictions strong and adapt to Marine Corps ways and I have no doubt in telling you that you will go far in my beloved Corps with what you've got! Good luck, young man!! Semper Fi...

davblay
02-07-08, 10:39 AM
Thanks Jon, that was very inspirational...and true! However we not only live in the land of the free we live in a land where the majority of people wear blinders (like mules).....so they only see what's in front of them. The Media provides them with all they want to see about the war. Hell, War is somewhere else, not here. That's why they want our troops to come home, they just don't understand what our troops are doing over there in that sand box!

Most, if not all, Nam Vets are going out of our way to thank these fine troops for a job well done, no matter what they do while they are over there. The key words in that statement is "OVER THERE"! We Nam vets understand the reality of coming home to an ungrateful nation and it's people, trust me we do!

Having said that, please know that I concur with the Sgt, you will go far in our Corps with your attutude and insight of the overall situation! Just don't loose touch with reality and what your countrymen say about you, both good and bad. Hell the only time a Warrior is really appreciated is when he is saving thier life personally, than he is a HERO in thier eyes! Also remember that America has a very short memory! When the smoke clears and the dust settles, the congress hasn't got funds to care for our wounded Warriors, but they have a billion bucks a month to keep the war going!

That slide show is motivational as well, but it also tells you why most troops choose to get out after that first hitch is up! War is for the young troops, that's why we old salts are eager to help you younger Marines, Recruits and poolees in your transition to the Corps life on this site,as much as we can!

One last thought Jon, "no one wins wars, except the companies that make the weapons and ammo for the war"! Does that make sense?

Thank you for sharing your slide show and your thoughts, I commend you, my soon to be younger brother! If I can help you in any way, let me know! I am here for you!

Semper Fi,

Dave

aust10n
02-07-08, 11:17 AM
That was a great tribute.

I can't stand that one church, that was briefly showed.
Just a few months ago that church protested the funeral of a fallen Marine. That Marines dad sued that church and was rewared over 3-5million. Hopefully that will put them out of business.

skaterjon89
02-07-08, 03:24 PM
Yes, Cpl. I understand what you mean, I don't remember where I heard/seen this, maybe here, maybe not but I someone said once:

"Everyone who goes to war is a casualty, their innocence is lost..."

Something along those lines, I'm sure if I do get deployed, I'll look at life in a whole new way.

There is also another youtube video out there by "Flutie Cutie" called "Remember Me" it is great, in a way shows that our troops are being forgotten...

Ketchup
02-07-08, 04:21 PM
Everytime I see those pictures and sub-titles I can feel only a massive ammount of respect. All of those service men over there are truely of a differant ilk than the people back here. It's almost sickening how people back in the states act.

We all might crack jokes about the Army, Airforce and Navy; but even though I do too, I still have the utmost respect for them and their sacrifices and committments.

People seem to think that if you treat returning soldiers like crap that the war will end, but they don't understand that it's the politcians making the wars, not the enlisted man. I seriously get sick to my stomach everytime I see someone disrespecting anyone in the military.

Thanks for posting this Jon!

Fubar5812
02-07-08, 05:53 PM
wow that was the best tribute i have ever seen,thanks for sharing.

contessojohn
02-07-08, 05:58 PM
Great Post Jon,
I can't even begin to talk about those people that protest Soilders death or protest our Countries Bravest. I can't begin to understand why anybody would be this ignorant towards anybody for one, but towards the ones that stand up for our country when our country needs it most. It makes me sick to believe these people ignorance and what they believe is the right way of living. Enlisting and serving in the Military is the most unselfish thing an American can do for his or her country. For these people to believe that it's for oil and greed they seriously need a reality check because without our braves souls, the FREE speech they have and the land they live in won't be theres to talk **** in anymore. So our nation needs to stand by our soilders and help them and support them becasue without them......well freedom isnt free!

Check this video out, gotta kinda hold back some tears to hear the pride a confidence in his voice to get the job done. This Ranger died for his country and has my most upright respect for him or anybody else that willing to serve his/her country.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wh1dWrf-k_E

God bless America and Good day!:iwo:

aust10n
02-07-08, 08:15 PM
Wow, contessojohn. Thanks for that video.
I wish the media didn't drive the war. They control the decisions and views of way to many people. They are doing to this election just like they did with the war.

contessojohn
02-08-08, 02:59 PM
BUMP

I really think everybody should take a look at these!

dsacasa
02-08-08, 04:08 PM
Just looking at a single photo of the WBC protest makes me furious :\

Great slide show btw.

contessojohn
02-08-08, 07:42 PM
bump

aust10n
02-08-08, 07:55 PM
You would think that someone out there would have already done something about those WBC protesters.

contessojohn
02-08-08, 08:04 PM
Well I hear they keep getting sued by the family's that they protest but I never hear any out come of the lawsuits. I really hope these *******s stop, have you ever been to there websites OMG, i almost had a heartattack looking at these people so full of hate. They claim to be so "GOD like" but I don't think God hates everybody that's not them. There beliefs are just idiotic and wrong, I do like the Motorcycle group that is made up of Vets and they go to funnerals to back the familys and support them in there time of grief.

dk151993
02-08-08, 08:47 PM
I thought it was very inspirational. Even at my age. BTW those WBC just make me sick.

aust10n
02-08-08, 10:11 PM
Well I hear they keep getting sued by the family's that they protest but I never hear any out come of the lawsuits. I really hope these *******s stop, have you ever been to there websites OMG, i almost had a heartattack looking at these people so full of hate. They claim to be so "GOD like" but I don't think God hates everybody that's not them. There beliefs are just idiotic and wrong, I do like the Motorcycle group that is made up of Vets and they go to funnerals to back the familys and support them in there time of grief.

One did. The father of a fallen Marine sued WBC after they protested his sons funeral in Maryland. He was awarded 3+ million, or something along those lines. I'll try and find the story.

aust10n
02-08-08, 10:12 PM
Wow, I was way off. It was 11 million!

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/10/31/funeral.protests.ap/index.html

contessojohn
02-08-08, 10:17 PM
Good **** that's what I like to hear, did you read that story, can you belive these people "Church members routinely picket funerals of military personnel killed in Iraq (http://topics.cnn.com/topics/iraq) and Afghanistan (http://topics.cnn.com/topics/afghanistan), carrying signs such as "Thank God for dead soldiers" and "God hates fags." Somtimes freedom of speach comes to bite us True Americans in the ass!

aust10n
02-08-08, 10:34 PM
Yes, I've read it.
That's why I'm surprised no one has taken "care" of this problem.

You would think this would be a form of treason.
It's one this to protest the war, and have those protesters carry "Support Our Troops" ribbons.
But this is ridiculus.

By the way.
How can you support the troops and not the war?
Here is how I see it.
If you support the troops, you support what they are doing.
If you support what they are doing, you support the war.
If you support the war, you support the President.

Does this make sense, to anyone else?

Big Jim
02-08-08, 11:03 PM
Wow, I was way off. It was 11 million!

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/10/31/funeral.protests.ap/index.html

It was $11 million...I seen on CNN a few days ago that a Supreme Court Judge lowered it to $5 million...they didn't say why though. But those inbred, walking wastes of skin deserve to die for the greif and bullsh!t they're spreading around at funerals. It pizzes me off too!

Lickdem89
02-08-08, 11:32 PM
I actually just posted that video on myspace after I created a Profile just for Supporting the Troops and America, O and just to let you guys know the people that protest the funerals aka Westboro "Baptist Church" is actually only 100 people 80 of them are part of ONE family!

Lickdem89
02-08-08, 11:42 PM
They were actually in Reno, Neveda I think 3 weeks ago protesting a Army Soldiers Funeral BUT they were ran out of town within 15 minutes cause of the good old Patriot Guard Riders who protect Fallen Soldiers Funerals.

contessojohn
02-08-08, 11:42 PM
Well let me say that's one f!&ked up family, I have seen a interview with The leader or whatever you call him Daughters and might i say not bad. Seeing though how this family is I wouldn't be suprised if He had babies with his own mother.

aust10n
02-09-08, 09:44 PM
They were actually in Reno, Neveda I think 3 weeks ago protesting a Army Soldiers Funeral BUT they were ran out of town within 15 minutes cause of the good old Patriot Guard Riders who protect Fallen Soldiers Funerals.

Patriot Guard Riders? It's really sad that we can to have good people chase protesters away, it really is.

Never heard of them before.
They protested Heith Ledgers funeral all the way in Australia (or they planned on it), becuase he is a "fag enabler".

Lickdem89
02-09-08, 11:47 PM
Patriot Guard Riders are bikers that are ether Veterans, Fathers and mothers of Soldiers or Just Great Americans! And ya they mainly protest homos but their website is godhatesamerica. com and their are a ton of emails from troops to them (they post the emails on their site)

Seoke
02-09-08, 11:52 PM
You can completely support the troops and not the war and definately not the president.

My grandma doesnt support the war and she HATES the president, but her son (my uncle) is a Marine and a damn fine one at that. He went over to Iraq and she COMPLETELY supported him. She knew he was doing what he had to do, what he was ordered to do. She didnt want him to die obviously. She even sent a TON of care packages to him.

So it is 100% possible to support the troops and not the war. Just because you disagree with the reason a war is being fought, doesnt mean you can't be supportive to the troops.

Lickdem89
02-10-08, 12:16 AM
When you support the Troops you support the war there is no just supporting the Troops. Its like being married and loving your wife but not the marrage it just doesn't make any sense.....

Seoke
02-10-08, 12:21 AM
So you're saying that if I was to not support the war (which I do support it) that I wouldnt be allowed to support my uncle because he is a Marine?

contessojohn
02-10-08, 12:56 AM
Some people will not support the war cause of a reason of disagreing with it. I know a few friends that served 1 or 2 tours and don't support the reason but still support there brothers and there Military.

Seoke
02-10-08, 12:57 AM
Thank you John ^_^ At least someone understands what I'm saying xD

Ketchup
02-10-08, 01:10 AM
"When you support the Troops you support the war there is no just supporting the Troops. Its like being married and loving your wife but not the marrage it just doesn't make any sense....."

Ever hear of divorce? some people still love their wife but get a divorce due to certain circumstances.

You can very easily support the troops and not the war. Tell your servicemen to stay safe, fight like hell and to write often, but tell the politcians to f@@k off and bring them home.

Lickdem89
02-10-08, 11:44 AM
This guy know his stuff

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=7618598

contessojohn
02-10-08, 03:14 PM
Great, I'm glad that you get your opinions from some random guy online. It's really not that hard either you support both the Troops and the war or You support your Troops but don't like why we are over there and you don't support the war.

gnarkill04
02-10-08, 03:41 PM
That video is complete b/s, No offense. Just my opinion.

Phantom Blooper
02-10-08, 08:21 PM
I don't give a rats azz who you poolees/wannabees or your Granny's support or don't support...your turning this into a political post! READ and HEED the RULES...especially # 10! Knock this shiat off!

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29048

:evilgrin:

contessojohn
02-10-08, 09:46 PM
Sorry, Phantom Blooper....I will not aid in turning threads in a Political Battle, This forum is not a spot for that type of Discussion,problem for me at least is solved.

Lickdem89
02-11-08, 02:10 AM
I apologize. I was just throwing it out there you can throw it right back, and I know you will so...