PDA

View Full Version : Intro and Thank you!

Waste Land
02-06-08, 11:12 PM
Dear Marines,

As corny as it may come off I'd first like to say. "Thank you" from the bottom of my heart for all your service across the world that has let me and my family live as we did.

I learned at a young age from my dad, that Military protects our freedoms in times of peace and war and they are held above and beyond doctors, scientists, and the like whom seem to think their mission is best(not discrediting) that our armed forces secure everything first and formost so everyone else can do their "big dreams".

MY name is Jesse Martin and since I could remeber I've wanted to be a Marine. My dad always told me they were the first to stop the "badguys", and he talked about them as if they were gods of the battlefield. I decided young I wanted that, I wanted to be the guy someone would one day brag about. I wanted the respect and the title that so many had proved so strong.

After losing my girlfriend of four years, I felt that I no longer had anything holding me back and I could finally leave full hearted like i planned to before we met. I can proudly say that I will be leaving for Paris Island Feb 24th with a grad date of May 23rd. From there ofcourse MCT, then to Fort Knox for Armor training(Infantry was full). M1A1s I'm praying.

Telling my parents was the hardest part. As much as my dad supports our boy he sure didnt want his son being the spear head, ha! Now, he's got stickers, lisence plates, magnets all ready for the day I graduate.

I've never felt so happy in my life. Bounced from job to job, hating the regular guy feal. The 9-5er with nothing to live and die for. Everytime I saw a MC ad on TV, I felt like I was letting myself down, now I see them and just get even more pumped and motivated.

I'm scared ****less, excited, depressed, and have shed a fear tears. However my entire family supports me 100% and I'm ready to earn that title, wear that uniform, put those dogtags on my neck, and finally put my first Marine sticker on my jeep. (Sinc ei refuse to until i finish BT)

Again, thank you guys, and for your support. I've been browsing the forums and Sgt. Grit for awhile now.

From a future marine(there is no quit)
-Jesse Martin

:tank:

GySgtRet
02-06-08, 11:20 PM
This is a nice story and very touching. We have rules here on Leatherneck. If you have read those rules you need to secure your future here on Leatherneck and fill in your profile. Please read the rules. Good luck at MCRD.

It is very important that family and freinds support you and every recruit then to become Marines.

:flag:

yellowwing
02-06-08, 11:22 PM
Welcome aboard Martin. First, all Poolees must read and abide by these rules:
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29048

Reading the rest of the Sticky Posts would also be helpful.

Waste Land
02-06-08, 11:36 PM
I apologize. This is the first BB of this type I have joined.

It has been reconized and dealt with.

Thank you

davblay
02-06-08, 11:38 PM
Welcome to the site Poolee......ask away, we are here to help any, and all, poolees that ask for help!

Dave

yellowwing
02-06-08, 11:46 PM
Good to go on the Poolee Profile. We do well here on Leatherneck.com as a community because we all follow guidelines.

LeonardLawrence
02-07-08, 12:50 AM

Thank you

I like this poolee already. No excuses, no smoke, just action and a thank you. My kind of guy.

Welcome WasteLand. :thumbup:

Big Jim
02-07-08, 05:31 AM

Thank you

Yeah...what a change...respect...let's write this down somewhere! You'll do well here and in my beloved Corps!! Welcome aboard!!

GySgtRet
02-07-08, 07:58 AM
Good to go Jesse. You will be a fine Marine. You took care of it.

jinelson
02-07-08, 08:45 AM
Jesee welcome aboard and good luck at MCRD.

Jim

Waste Land
02-07-08, 02:56 PM
Thanks guys,

I'm excited about my choice and loking forward to it. Tonight is the monthly Poolee meeting in Athens, AL. Going to catch a glimpse of the "yellow foot print action" tonight I guess. :evilgrin:

As soon as my hamstrings allow me to start running/sprinting again its back to that. I have another pratice IST Monday at PT and I should be alot better then my last one. (11:30-1.5 Mile / 13 pull ups / 55 situps) I'll admit my run time was not the best but I used all of my energy on the first lap (3/4mile 5:05) and then got to breathing hard and the cold air hit me hard.

I've been doing track two lap sprints with one lap walking in between to build up my breathing and stamina and its going along way. A good stretch, some breathing and hopefully a warmer airtemp should produce a under 10 min mark. Being 5'6 my stride isnt the greatest but I'll make it work.