PDA

View Full Version : Questions from a new Marine

RandallH1989
02-06-08, 09:44 PM
I just recently graduated boot camp and am soon to be headed to Camp Pendleton for MCT. Right now my main question is about my MOS school. I am in the communications field, so I will be going to 29 Palms. Will I be able to bring a POV there? Who would I ask about that?

Big Jim
02-06-08, 09:50 PM
Just follow all reporting protocols...proper uniform and orders and such...then ask your command when you get there. Different bases have different policies for this sort of thing. I know when we were on an Army base for training we weren't there but for a short time so we weren't allowed to bring our POV's. But they did take care of all our necessary transportation. So, ask your command when you get there and find out for sure ok? Hope this helps! Good luck Marine!

testforecho2112
02-06-08, 09:52 PM
Typically at your first MOS school POV's and dependants are NOT allowed, when you get your orders after MCT, they'll say on the whether or not you can bring either....word of caution, dont jeporadize your MOS by bring a POV if your not allowed one...

As for who to ask, try your Plt. Sgt. They can generally tell you what will be allowed. They might even scare up a phone number for someone you can contact at the school, but I wouldnt count on it.

Wait until you get your PCS orders after school, you might not have time to get a vehicle to your first duty station from school.

Bill

RandallH1989
02-06-08, 10:27 PM
Thanks for the replies!

testforecho2112
02-06-08, 10:45 PM
Not a problem Marine, thats what we're here for!

SF,

Bill

yellowwing
02-07-08, 12:06 AM
You should find a number to contact the Command and PMO about it. I know that in EL Toro there was off base parking just for this situation.

hrscowboy
02-07-08, 12:39 AM
You dont need no stinking POV your in school to learn not party......hahahaha

LeonardLawrence
02-07-08, 01:21 AM
Randall,
Welcome back!

It all depends on your school for MOS. I think the longer training classes were allowed but the shorter schools were not. There were all sorts of exceptions, restrictions, etc.

You should definitely wait until you begin classes and I am sure this will be part of your orientation briefing/checkin process. Also, you should definitely send me a burrito from Colimas in Oceanside or from Santanas in Joshua Tree. Let me know where to send the money and when you are going

;) Ill buy if you fly ;)

sparkie
02-07-08, 07:18 AM
POVs were allowed at comm school way back then,'cause the classes for me lasted almost a year. Very few had one, It was mostly a big burden on very low wages.

RandallH1989
02-08-08, 12:33 PM
Great. Thanks for the responses. I'll just have to see what they say.