PDA

View Full Version : As Seen On The Internet!

SlingerDun
02-05-08, 10:14 PM
This fancy wartime profiteer has managed to find a way to make a dollar doing what many @ Leatherneck dot com do for free. Has anybody purchased this 'Course'??? http://www.prepareforbootcamp.com/index.html Whats missing from Waldo's dress blues photo?

yellowwing
02-05-08, 10:23 PM
Geez - No cap Emblem. And he needs to step closer to his razor in the morning.

hrscowboy
02-06-08, 12:41 AM
13 weeks of Bootcamp hahahahaha heck that would have been a walk in the park he should have tried 8 weeks like we did he wouldnt be braggin his arse off then or now...

davblay
02-06-08, 12:47 AM
Well now there will be countless poolees order that crap. It's amazing what people will do to get that $29.95, ain't it? But for every 100 fools, thats $2995.00, and they don't even have to have the book printed as you download it after you pay for it! No postage or handling, almost 100% profit! Nice racket, huh?

Semper Fi

Dave

davblay
02-06-08, 12:49 AM
Geez - No cap Emblem. And he needs to step closer to his razor in the morning.

10 to 1..... that dude ain't even a Marine! :marine:

PatriotGirl422
02-06-08, 11:59 AM
Yeah this seems kinda weird to me. And I bet he's not selling anything that we don't give away for free on here. And why would he have a fake uniform?

yellowwing
02-06-08, 12:10 PM
Whats missing from Waldo's dress blues photo?
Waldo the Wannabee! :banana:

Ed Palmer
02-06-08, 12:27 PM
DAMN if only I had thirty dollars ;

Hey Cowboy or some of you other boots loan me the money so I can get this .

Why there's no way I can go wrong

Are you really prepared for boot camp?

Would you like to learn what you can do to make boot camp as easy as possible? Now you can with Sgt. Matt Menster's ekit. With this kit, you will learn the following:

How to conquer drill instructor mind games
(like I can just hear a D I now)
How to become mentally prepared
How to adjust to military life faster than other recruits
Marine Corps academics
Maintaining the right attitude
Physical training tips
Excelling at the Crucible
And much more...

Marine84
02-06-08, 12:31 PM
You have GOT to be kidding me??????? Are we stupid or what????

I've always wondered what it's like to run a scam on somebody - think I'll contact him and ask him how he lives with himself taking $30 from kids who are spazzing about it anyway and all they need is a little "you're doing a great thing for yourself and should be proud" pep talk. If he wanted to do a motivational thing, he should maybe have called it "How to do ANYTHING you want" or some $h!t.

We should all check the sites that we're members on and see if he visits any of them........................

3077India
02-06-08, 12:33 PM
iALL HOW-TO BOOKS ARE A WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY!!!!!! THEY ARE ONE OF THE BIGGEST RIP-OFFS!!!!!!!!! These kind of ads only work on the weak-minded. :p

Zulu 36
02-06-08, 01:01 PM
Kind of reminds me of the how-to-get-out-of-speeding-tickets books out there. Like cops never read the things - or Marine Corps Drill Instructors for that matter.

sparkie
02-06-08, 01:21 PM
I saw a "how to win at slot machines". It's all pretty damm funny that folks buy that crap.

sparkie
02-06-08, 01:28 PM
Check it all out. A testimonial from a former Corpral,, and the book has a 2007 copyright date.

vmfn513
02-06-08, 02:28 PM
The dumb idiot has run in rapidly decreasing circles until his head disappears
in a dark cavity, his own Azz, and he is running around crying KI1 KI! rice its dark in here.
I find it hard to believe!

maverickmarine
02-06-08, 02:45 PM
Oh Good, Don't make any freakin' effort to shave your nasty face and don't freakin' worry, there's no need to be in the proper uniform. The cover emblem is optional......Nasty One!!!! Yeah, that is some weak-ass chit!

jrhd97
02-06-08, 03:02 PM
I found an e-mail in the conatact link. Fired one off asking about the EGA and who the Marine was they consulted for this. I got a response back from some one named Jamie who said they are a "publisher of information" and the photo is a "stock photo". He then asked what is an EGA. He went on to say that Sgt. who ever was the Marine who wrote it.
Sent a reply explaining what and where the EGA is and goes. Also expressed some concern that no Marine I knew would forget to put that on.
He then replied back with " so it goes on the hat?".

3077India
02-06-08, 03:56 PM
I found an e-mail in the conatact link. Fired one off asking about the EGA and who the Marine was they consulted for this. I got a response back from some one named Jamie who said they are a "publisher of information" and the photo is a "stock photo". He then asked what is an EGA. He went on to say that Sgt. who ever was the Marine who wrote it.
Sent a reply explaining what and where the EGA is and goes. Also expressed some concern that no Marine I knew would forget to put that on.
He then replied back with " so it goes on the hat?".I hope you replied back that Marines DON'T WEAR HATS... :D

SlingerDun
02-06-08, 05:04 PM
I asked Jamie and Sarge how a recruit benefits from the 24 hour support feature with no phone. No response yet

3077India
02-06-08, 07:07 PM
HERE IS THE EMAIL I SENT:

To whom it may concern;

Your website is a fraud. No real Marine would ever sell information that could help new recruits. Leatherneck.com (http://leatherneck.com/) is a much better, reliable source of information about Marine Basic Training, plus it's free and the information comes from REAL MARINES.

BTW, the photo of that fake marine on your main page is missing the EGA on his Cover, plus he isn't even clean shaven.

CRC
HERE IS THE FIRST REPLY:

Clean Shaven? LOL
APPARENTLY HE DIDN'T LIKE HIS RESPONSE SO HE SENT ANOTHER:

Hello, It is an ebook written by Sgt Matt Menster. If anything it would scare the living S$@% out of a new recruit, forcing him to work harder.

We are publishers of information. If you have a problem with it I suggest you do not buy it.

Thanks,
Jamie
HERE IS THE POSTED EMAIL ADDRESS:
mail@prepareforbootcamp.com (producerjamie@yahoo.com)

BUT HERE IS THE REPLY ADDRESS IN THE EMAILS I RECEIVED:
producerjamie@yahoo.com

PatriotGirl422
02-06-08, 08:58 PM
Clean Shaven?LOL

Clean Shaven? LOL it's just sooooo funny! Who would think that a Marine is supposed to be clean shaven? Hahaaahahaahahaahaha.

gutinstinct
02-06-08, 09:05 PM
Give me a break. When will it end ? Money Money Money

3077India
02-06-08, 09:11 PM
Clean Shaven? LOL it's just sooooo funny! Who would think that a Marine is supposed to be clean shaven? Hahaaahahaahahaahaha.In dress blues of course, but for every other time...

PatriotGirl422
02-06-08, 09:32 PM
In dress blues of course, but for every other time...

I was being extremely sarcastic in case you all missed that.

3077India
02-06-08, 09:59 PM
I was being extremely sarcastic in case you all missed that. I know...:D

RLeon
02-06-08, 10:26 PM
From the website

Now there are a few recruits that slide through the whole process, and never even have one single problem, but those recruits either had some type of boot camp training before, had taken my course, or instinctively made the right moves at the right time.

LOL.
That was me. (okay, had a few minor brush ups with the DIs)
All I did was keep a low profile by pulling a Forrest Gump.

Drill Sergeant: "Gump, Why did you assemble that rifle so quickly?!"
Forrest Gump: "Because you told me too Drill Sergeaaaant".
:D

jrhd97
02-07-08, 01:54 PM
I wonder if Sgt.Whatshisface was ever a Marine. There has to be some one around here who can find out.

This clown Jamie did say that they received an e-mail awhile back in regards to the EGA.
I figure he may be the one who put this together and doesn't know what to do now. Plus this added attention must be getting on his nerves :D

3077India
02-07-08, 02:02 PM
My advice to every Marine is to flood his email!

HERE IS THE POSTED EMAIL ADDRESS:
mail@prepareforbootcamp.com (producerjamie@yahoo.com)

BUT HERE IS THE REPLY ADDRESS IN THE EMAILS I RECEIVED:
producerjamie@yahoo.com

!

249gunner
02-07-08, 02:11 PM
I saw this before I went to the MCRD.
We were all worried and nervous and he would've just taken advantage of us.
Deep down everyone knows that they might not make it through bootcamp, and he knew that too.

249gunner
02-07-08, 02:17 PM
"Have you ever met someone who signed up for the Marines, went to boot camp, only to fail & be sent home? I have. They are the most rejected, self-pitying, defeated & despicable individuals you'll ever set eyes on. When asked what happened at boot camp, most boot camp rejects will lie and make up a story about why they were sent home.
Recruits that fail at boot camp have set themselves on a course of failure for the rest of their lives. It's as simple as that. Will you be the next Marine Corps boot camp failure? Will you return home with your head hung low in shame"

No MF, some broke their damn legs trying to finish a PFT run, they didnt have an ounce of defeatism in them and never will.

yellowwing
02-07-08, 06:12 PM
No MF, some broke their damn legs trying to finish a PFT run, they didnt have an ounce of defeatism in them and never will.

You tell'em Devil Dog, get some! :evilgrin:

Even our smiley's have the Emblem---> :marine:

sparkie
02-07-08, 07:17 PM
My brother, 5 yrs my elder, went in and was dropped for bad knees. You will NEVER see a more dejected, dismall, ,,,,out of words. Sat in a chair at home for a year, screwed his whole life. I have some compassion for those, cause it happens. That website is full of a-holes. They ain't helping chit, just fillin pockets.