PDA

View Full Version : Blue Trousers

Coda
02-05-08, 02:19 PM
whats the difference between the white and blue trousers with the dress blues? if your having a marine wedding can the groom wear white with everyone else wear blue?

Phantom Blooper
02-05-08, 04:11 PM
White means your pure and a virgin!:evilgrin:

sparkie
02-05-08, 04:20 PM
Sounds like a Navy thing to me. White????? Is that real?

SgtHopperUSMC
02-05-08, 04:22 PM
Oh come on guys! Silent Drill Team.

bootlace15
02-05-08, 04:23 PM
The difference is one pair is white and the other pair is blue.

bootlace15 out

sparkie
02-05-08, 04:27 PM
Yes, I've seen the Drill Team, but I thought that was special. Never knew it was issue. Special like the Marine Corps Band, special.

SgtHopperUSMC
02-05-08, 04:27 PM
The difference is one pair is white and the other pair is blue.

bootlace15 outhahahahahahah:p

SgtHopperUSMC
02-05-08, 04:28 PM
I doubt that the groom can wear the white. I'd say it's for drill team only.

RYDERKUR
02-05-08, 04:34 PM
It seems like I heard they are an option for SNCO's summer dress uniform. I know a SSgt wore them while we were on a funeral detail also. I would have to say they are for more than the Drill Team, and I believe its for SNCO's

SgtHopperUSMC
02-05-08, 04:40 PM
Question:: Can I wear the dress blue uniform with blue trousers during the summer (I'm a SNCO)?
Answer: Think of the blue white uniform as the officer/SNCO summer dress uniform. If you are a SNCO and wear the dress uniform in the summer you will wear the blue-white variation. The entire blue dress uniform is optional for enlisted Marines, and cannot be prescribed (unless issued). If you choose not to purchase the white trousers, you will not wear the dress uniform during the summer, and instead will wear the service uniform. SNCOs should use paragraphs 2003.1&2 (http://www.tecom.usmc.mil/mcub/library/MCUR/URCH2.htm#UR2003) as guidance on regulations for blue-white dress. White trousers, slacks or skirts are not worn with blue dress "C" or "D".

Coda
02-10-08, 10:12 PM
not planning on it just a random question and wanted some inside knowledge. Thanks

timreich
02-11-08, 06:40 AM
white is for SNCO's during the summer, the only way to wear them as a junior Marine is to be issued them and even then you can only wear them at command functions