PDA

View Full Version : NCO Creed

MarineNCO
02-05-08, 01:50 PM
My Corporal and I were talking today about the NCO Creed. The versions were totally different. I was wondering if anyone here knew the "official" Marine NCO Creed. The two different versions are as...

Ed Palmer
02-05-08, 03:56 PM
U.S. Marine Corps: NCO and Staff NCO Creed <br />
NCO (Non-Commissioned Officer) CREED I am the backbone of the United States Marine Corps, I am a Marine Non-Commissioned Officer. <br />
I serve as part of the...

hrscowboy
02-05-08, 04:25 PM
yelp i remember it well (Don't Mess with an NCO) stay clear of them..

MarineNCO
02-06-08, 06:09 AM
So when did the NCO Creed change? The one I learned is totally different than the one my Cpl learned.

erased
04-30-08, 02:11 AM
I know this is an old thread, but I don't feel it is resolved. Many people think the shorter version is the official version. My Sgt and I had this discussion this morning. He said the "backbone" version is just one "some people made up". Is there something on paper to clear this up?

MarineNCO
04-30-08, 05:03 AM
To be honest I had forgot about this thread. I would still like to see the official version if there is one.

erased
04-30-08, 09:47 AM
I did a search on USMC.mil and found stories citing both versions as the official one. It has to be set in stone somewhere.

Petz
04-30-08, 04:21 PM
yeah it's the second one, it changes last september some time... I got it when I was in Hawaii on RCT orders.

SSgtOfMarines
04-30-08, 05:21 PM
The second one is the one that is being taught at Corporal's and Sergeant's course. It is also the one that is being handed out with the promotion warrants.

erased
05-01-08, 12:24 AM
The second one being the "backbone" one? I've heard the other one is being taught at Cpl's course and I've heard it on warrants too. I can't close the book on this one yet, but thanks for your input.

Petz
05-01-08, 09:01 PM
hey erased... this is all true... it probably changed as you were gearing up to head out to Iraq... the book IS closed.... it IS the second one. I got it printed out right next to me here.

erased
05-02-08, 02:03 AM
Do you have the creed printed out, or do you have a MarAdmin stating which is the official one? I'd just like to see something official on it before I move on.

MotivatorOfTheGuard
05-02-08, 03:32 AM
I wouldn't be suprised if SgtMaj Kent had something to do with it. The article a few months ago called "Baby NCO's" really ****ed him off, and i think this was his way of backing up his NCO's. New Breed, New Creed. However, i did just get promoted on the 1st of April, and my promo warrant came with the old NCO Creed. Probably will take awhile before the transition is full and complete throughout the Marine Corps.

Quinbo
05-16-08, 06:22 PM
Congratulations on the promotion Erased.

yellowwing
05-16-08, 07:49 PM
Either or which Creed, people are depending on us. And we'd rather die than let them down. We are such a small Corps, every swinging @#$# has to make it count each and every time. An 03 Grunt Sgt or a Ordie WM Cpl. We take it seriously and perform 150%.

erased
05-17-08, 07:50 AM
Thanks, Bulkyker.

westvirginiawar
06-25-08, 05:44 PM
I don't mind the second one but would change it to read, " tommarow, I lead in war."

Petz
07-25-08, 10:51 AM
erased you need to learn to be more trusting.

Big Jim
07-25-08, 02:11 PM
erased you need to learn to be more trusting.

have you figured it out yet??

OH GEEZUS...WHO LEFT THE DOOR UNLOCKED AND LET THIS IDIOT BACK IN HERE?!?! ALL HE DID WAS PIZZ PEOPLE OFF LAST TIME AND LOOKS LIKE HE'S BACK AT IT...!!!

Wyoming
07-25-08, 03:59 PM
OH GEEZUS...WHO LEFT THE DOOR UNLOCKED AND LET THIS IDIOT BACK IN HERE?!?! ALL HE DID WAS PIZZ PEOPLE OFF LAST TIME AND LOOKS LIKE HE'S BACK AT IT...!!!

Hehehehe! Jim, I knew I remembered him from before. He wants me to play nicey with the poolees.

But wait, he's a Staff Sergeant. Don't we have to bow ...

But jeez, the info he shares. He knows soooooooo much. So much more than you, as you only have a Bachelors and Masters.

We should listen wisely to his teachings.

:banana::yes::no:

Big Jim
07-25-08, 05:29 PM
Hehehehe! Jim, I knew I remembered him from before. He wants me to play nicey with the poolees.

But wait, he's a Staff Sergeant. Don't we have to bow ...

I THINK NOT!!!

But jeez, the info he shares. He knows soooooooo much. So much more than you, as you only have a Bachelors and Masters.

We should listen wisely to his teachings.

:banana::yes::no:

YEAH BROTHER...THE SECOND I SEEN HIM I REALIZED WHAT THE HELL...?? THERE WAS A STINK IN HERE WHEN I CAME ON AND I UNDERSTOOD WHAT IT WAS WHEN I SEEN HIM HERE...LOL!!

Assaultdog0351
03-08-09, 09:39 PM
i'm glad i looked this up before i went memorizing the short version... my chain of command likes to randomly test the NCOs

sparkie
03-08-09, 09:50 PM
What's all that? I just know I supported all Marines, Mental, physical, spiritual. I was never special,,,,,,, I was just a Marine. That's just what we do. Never knew a creed.

Assaultdog0351
03-08-09, 10:40 PM
i totally agree with that but all my buddies have been getting snatched up in the Co. office and getting 30 minute lectures on the importance of it... so to avoid potential negative counselings and reduced pro/cons ill find some time to memorize it.

Assaultdog0351
03-08-09, 10:45 PM
I just walked through the barracks and no one had any idea what the creed was... and my promotion warrant has something completely different on it, ill ask my 1stSgt tomarrow

Coda
03-09-09, 09:31 AM
when i got promoted i got meritorious and a friend of mine got it along with me as a regular promotion and our NCO Creeds were totally different i dont know why that would make a difference

Assaultdog0351
03-09-09, 11:10 PM
Yeah i'm stumped as well. My 1stSgt showed up at our MK19 shoot today and when i asked he began to recite it but forgot after a few words.... it was neither of two. I have machinegun ranges all week but when i get a chance to, ill copy down this new mysterious version. what i dont get is for something such as an nco creed, how is there not a standard. theres a standard for everything else

Coda
03-09-09, 11:44 PM
assaultdog congrats man on the promo welcome to the NCO ranks!

Sgt Crane
06-03-10, 05:36 AM
Marines and friends the NCO Creed is published in the NAVMC 1500.58 Mentoring Guidebook. It also has the SNCO Creed as well as other creeds.

Here is the link: http://www.usmc.mil/news/publications/Documents/NAVMC%20DIR%201500.58.pdf

RAMROD78
06-17-10, 05:34 AM
Navmc Directive 1500.58 Mentoring Guidebook Tells You Which One Is Correct, It Is The Only Documentation I Can Find That Even Has The Creed In Writing And You Can Refernece It. This Came Out In 2006 February Time Frame.

hawkins0811
06-18-10, 09:26 PM
Maybe it's just an "unofficial" Creed, sort of like the unofficial 13th General Order: "TO WALK MY POST FROM FLANK TO FLANK AND TO TAKE NO **** FROM ANY RANK" LOL

ssgtt32
06-18-10, 09:36 PM
Our Creed Is To Take Care Of Our Own!, Regardless If The They Are Nco's Or Not!

Maxidrom2002
09-14-10, 09:53 AM
The "backbone" nco creed has been used until 2006, then came the shorter, more to the point version everyone uses today