PDA

View Full Version : Average Day for an 0300 Marine?

Call me fish
02-05-08, 01:13 PM
Hey guys this is a pretty broad question that I've just been a little curious about as you can see.

Anyhow, can any current 0300 Marine out there answer how the average work day goes from the time you wake up til the time you go to sleep (non-deployed). I know each day differs which is why no single answer is correct but I'm quite curious as to what life will hopefully be like as a Marine.

Example for me:

7:00am-8:00am- Wake up, breakfast, get ready for school.

9:00am-2:00pm- Classes.

2:00pm-3:00pm- Drive home & get ready

3:00pm-6:00pm- Gym/Running or football practice

6:00pm-7:00pm- Swimming

8:00pm-10:00pm- Homework or free time

Then bedtime of course =]

Thanks to all Marines who respond, I'm really looking forward to reading what you have to say.

Thank you very much.
~fish

Brewer0311
02-05-08, 04:53 PM
0530 - Wake up
0600 - Accountability formation
0630 thru 0745 - PT
0800-0930- Shower and Chow
0930-1100 - Classes, Prac App, Weapons Maint.
1100- 1300 - Chow
1300-1515 - Classes, Prac App, Weapons Maint.
1515- 16?? - Stand by to get off work
16?? - 0530 Libo

That's pretty much generic. But there are a lot of classes and special things that go on each week that certain Marines will have to go to. That is pretty much what you'd do if you weren't in one of those classes. Occasionally in the afternoon go to the gym depending on your plt.

Call me fish
02-05-08, 08:06 PM
Thanks for the response! Please feel free to add to this list even if you don't have an 0300 MOS. Now I'm kind of interested in what others do as well. Thank you all again.

~fish

sparkie
02-05-08, 08:11 PM
O-Dark-30,,, Subject to the whims of someone better than you. Adapt, and put your requests in your footlocker. Wannabe.

Call me fish
02-05-08, 08:21 PM
Forgive me, but what does that mean...?

Accord
02-05-08, 08:54 PM
Look at the time of my post.

I just got off work, and we've been going since 0430 this morning. 17 hour work day.

There is no average day in the infantry and giving you a timeline for a typical day would be blowing smoke up your ass.

Accord
02-05-08, 08:56 PM
0530 - Wake up
0600 - Accountability formation
0630 thru 0745 - PT
0800-0930- Shower and Chow
0930-1100 - Classes, Prac App, Weapons Maint.
1100- 1300 - Chow
1300-1515 - Classes, Prac App, Weapons Maint.
1515- 16?? - Stand by to get off work
16?? - 0530 Libo

That's pretty much generic. But there are a lot of classes and special things that go on each week that certain Marines will have to go to. That is pretty much what you'd do if you weren't in one of those classes. Occasionally in the afternoon go to the gym depending on your plt.Holy crap, I wish I was in 1/9.

davblay
02-05-08, 08:57 PM
Hey guys this is a pretty broad question that I've just been a little curious about as you can see.

Anyhow, can any current 0300 Marine out there answer how the average work day goes from the time you wake up til the time you go to sleep (non-deployed). I know each day differs which is why no single answer is correct but I'm quite curious as to what life will hopefully be like as a Marine.

Example for me:

7:00am-8:00am- Wake up, breakfast, get ready for school.

9:00am-2:00pm- Classes.

2:00pm-3:00pm- Drive home & get ready

3:00pm-6:00pm- Gym/Running or football practice

6:00pm-7:00pm- Swimming

8:00pm-10:00pm- Homework or free time

Then bedtime of course =]

Thanks to all Marines who respond, I'm really looking forward to reading what you have to say.

Thank you very much.
~fish

DARN it....what can I say? Accord said it all!

SlingerDun
02-05-08, 09:04 PM
Drive home & get readyWhat? no humping in your schedule? How far is school from your doorstep?

Lickdem89
02-06-08, 12:52 AM
Dang my day is
8:00-9:00am Wake up, Shower, Eat go to school.
9:15-12:00 School
12:00-1:50 Go home, eat, Do homework, Relax
1:50-3:00 School/Football class/ Running
3:00-8:00 Go home, Homework eat relax
8:00-10:00 Work out/ Run
10:00-11:00 Eat, Watch the news, Sleep

bstewar09
02-06-08, 09:28 PM
For me on monday-thursday for about the next month
545-620-Wake up, shave, brush teeth, eat breakfast
630-730-Lift weights, foot work drills
730-745 Hit showers, get ready for school
745-800- Hang around in cafeteria
800-315 School
335-430 Track conditioning
430-930 Homework, tv, supper, news
945 a little light reading and then lights out

CadetMSgtScream
02-08-08, 02:14 AM
I hate you all, well the lazy-JUST SCHOOL-bums that is...

My schedule, and yes I'm also in high school but no I don't eat lunch at school, I had to ADAPT my eating habits...L-U-C-K-Y M-E /sarcasm.

0530 - Light Breakfast/PT : Running, various distances usually 2 - 6ish miles 5 days a week
0700 - Back home, real breakfast/ready for school/JAG, or Saved By The Bell ALRIGHT!
0800 - Walk to school/socialize
0825 - Classes begin
1030 - 3rd meal of the day, sandwiches from home :D
1110 or 0100 depending on the day - Classes end
1115 - Eat 4th meal of the day...yes 4th!
1130 - Weight Lifting MWF.
1230 - 1430 - Home/Homework/Relax/Shower/Get ready for work/eat again
1430 - 1630 - Report for work
1830 - Break at work, eat again...how I stay 123 I have NO idea XD
2200 - Get off work/Go home
2230 - Eat moms supper/BIG BIG BIG bowl of ice cream lol Gotta love trying to bulk
2300+ - Sleep, sweet sweet, sleep.

Get up and do it all again...oh don't forget to factor in the pregnant girlfriend too...well that's pretty much it I tent to work 3 - 10, 4 - 9, 4 - 10, etc. so I hate my job...especially when I'm getting 30+ hours a week in those tiny shifts!. Bleh, to make it worse, TODAY was my ONE DAY OFF THIS WEEK AND THEY CALLED ME IN, NOW MY NEXT ONE ISN'T UNTIL TUESDAY...then I'll get to work until Saturday probably training some new person...I hate being sh!t hot at my job...atleast I have the poolee functions to make em give me ONE saturday off a month...sorry I am a bit peeved and well, not sleepy at all right now so I sorta let loose lol.

Still, I wouldn't switch with Accord, 17 hour workdays SUuuck lmao.

Brandon1
02-08-08, 03:46 AM
Well since everybody is putting in their schedule I guess i'll throw mine in there as well...

0430: Get up, shower, shave, brush teeth.

0500: Go to work

1000: Lunch

1030: Back to work

1600: Go home

1630: Workout

1730: Go home get ready for class

1800-2100: Class

2200-0200: Work again

My second job's time frame varies from day to day. Friday through Sunday is really the worst and sometimes I dont get home until 0500 or later. First job is always overtime...Gotta get them hours!

FistFu68
02-08-08, 06:52 AM
:evilgrin: IT'S LIKE GOING TOO HELL @ COMING OUT THE OTHER SIDE :evilgrin: :scared:

kaboom1371
02-08-08, 08:29 AM
wake up
do what your told to do until they say stop
go on libo when they tell you too
go to bed
repeat every day for atleast 4 years

CadetMSgtScream
02-08-08, 02:28 PM
wake up
do what your told to do until they say stop
go on libo when they tell you too
go to bed
repeat every day for atleast 4 years

lmao!

Phantom Blooper
02-08-08, 04:11 PM
24/8...... 365/366 :evilgrin:

A Marines work is never done! You will take your title to the grave and beyond!

This shiat about getting up whenever try staying up 72 hours with a cat nap when you can grab it and cold coagulated chow in the sand and rain when you can stomach it!:evilgrin: It's a Marine Corps thing!

Bullrider
02-09-08, 12:59 AM
So you kiddies wanna be Marine Infantry. Some have said Marine Infantry are the finest in the world. Hell I was even told that by a S/F Colonel who was a crusty bastage.

So do you have what it takes?

Any idiot can elist for infantry but not everyone can be one. So listen up. And those women who want to be infantry you listen as well because this is a small sample of what we do.

My only disclaimer is this is from the late 80s and mid 90s. So some gear may have changed but an infantrymans lot has never changed.

In Garrison:

0530 wake up call in the Barracks or Squadbay

0530-0600 Morning Clean Up of your room and the barracks. Tighen your racks, sweep and mop the floor of the room and the entire barracks.

0545-0600 Fall Out for PT

PT can be Company, Platoon or Squad. Mostly it is Company.

They start with the side straddle hop or jumping jacks to you civilians. Then you do any number of other exercises. Most units do 15 repetitions. You will do AT LEAST 15 and it can go up to 50 repetitions.

Then the formation run begins. It is at least 3 miles. Depending on who is leading it and their style it could be fast, it could be moderate but it is NEVER slow.

It can be over any manner of terrain, you can run on the street, the beach and always up a hill if one is around. <I do not mean a small mount, I mean a HILL!>

The hill will normaly be the peak of PT and then it is a jaunt back to the company area. Although evil Commanders have been known to double the run up the hill once, twice and even thrice.

Back at the company area expect some cool down stretches, maybe push ups and then get the word from the CO about the run,

"It was a good run...." is a good thing but it also means the CO is going to push it harder and faster next time.

"It was a bad run...people had trouble...ya need ta reach down." life will soon suck for you as the runs will become longer and harder. Those who fell back will be on remedial PT running at night and on weekends and maybe at lunch in addition to regular PT until the 1st Sgt says otherwise. Life really sucks for you!

0730-0900 PT ENDS <Yes they go that long>

After the dismissal of PT formation you are on cool down time. Shower, clean up, reclean the barracks from the mess you made from showeing and tracking in grass and mudd from PT. Get dressed in your uniform.

1000 Classes or MCI time or just waiting around for the word of what is going to happen.

A few may be put on a working party for Regiment, Battallion or the Company Office where you may be a runner, phone watch, racking dirt, cleaning HQ or even supply helping move or sort or clean.

Classes will be normaly given within the platoon by the squad and fire team leaders. They can be on weapons, ambushes, patrols, navigation, call for fire.

1100/1130 Chow formation
The company forms up to get the word. They are then breifed on what is going on, what will be happened and what to do after chow as well as a status report of what has been accomplished. Then dismissed for chow.

Durring chow you hit the mess hall, the snack shake, the roach coach and a few even sleep or hit the PX or run personal errands that need to be done durring the day.

1300 Noon Formation

Administrative formation to make sure everyone is back from where they have disapeared to durring chow. Any new word is passed.

Weapons are drawn and then they are cleanned.
There may be a few more classes or gun drills/formation immediate action drills

1530 Weapons are turned in and you wait for the word. Maybe a class or study landnav, gunnery, or other things until formation.

1600 Fall out to the company area waiting for formation.

1615/1630 Company Formation:

The CO will address you say "It was a good day we got alot accomplished, we still have alot more to do ......"

1st Sgt will address you with anything he has to say.

Gunnery Sgt

Then you will be dismissed

Then the Platoon Commander and then the Platoon Sgt. Then you are dismissed.

Of course then the Squad Leader may have his thing.

Then you head off for evening chow. Often this is the only time of day that you will go to the Chow Hall.

Evening is spent getting ready for the next day, doing laundry, hitting the base snack shake for soda/beer video games etc, maybe a trip to the base theater, or even going out in town if a freind has a car or you have a car. Other options include reading and listening to music and maybe TV in the company rec room or a buddys room who has a TV and VCR.

Then the night ends and the day is repeated.

The activities are pretty standard. Occasionaly there will be a official class demo from say engineers, maybe a lecture from the Chaplain or SgtMajor asking for money for Navy Releif or something like that. The order of the activities can rotate as well.

Normaly you are expected to fall out 15 minutes prior to the official time of the formation.

And Thursday is a field day. That is where you clean EVERYTHING!!! I mean you clean even the light fixtures Q-Tip clean, remove the plate to electrical outlets Q-tip them everything. And if one person fails the whole company or platoon depending on the CO starts ALL over. I have had field days last until 0400.

So this is what a basic routine day is like
Now you know

Lickdem89
02-09-08, 01:29 AM
Wow sounds fun

LeonardLawrence
02-09-08, 02:00 AM
:confused: Wow...missed hone playstation or x-box skills and "take it to the next level" during the working day on these lists.

Chilli? Chilli? :p

Brewer0311
02-09-08, 07:18 AM
So you kiddies wanna be Marine Infantry. Some have said Marine Infantry are the finest in the world. Hell I was even told that by a S/F Colonel who was a crusty bastage.

So do you have what it takes?

Any idiot can elist for infantry but not everyone can be one. So listen up. And those women who want to be infantry you listen as well because this is a small sample of what we do.

My only disclaimer is this is from the late 80s and mid 90s. So some gear may have changed but an infantrymans lot has never changed.

In Garrison:

0530 wake up call in the Barracks or Squadbay

0530-0600 Morning Clean Up of your room and the barracks. Tighen your racks, sweep and mop the floor of the room and the entire barracks.

0545-0600 Fall Out for PT

PT can be Company, Platoon or Squad. Mostly it is Company.

They start with the side straddle hop or jumping jacks to you civilians. Then you do any number of other exercises. Most units do 15 repetitions. You will do AT LEAST 15 and it can go up to 50 repetitions.

Then the formation run begins. It is at least 3 miles. Depending on who is leading it and their style it could be fast, it could be moderate but it is NEVER slow.

It can be over any manner of terrain, you can run on the street, the beach and always up a hill if one is around.

The hill will normaly be the peak of PT and then it is a jaunt back to the company area. Although evil Commanders have been known to double the run up the hill once, twice and even thrice.

Back at the company area expect some cool down stretches, maybe push ups and then get the word from the CO about the run,

"It was a good run...." is a good thing but it also means the CO is going to push it harder and faster next time.

"It was a bad run...people had trouble...ya need ta reach down." life will soon suck for you as the runs will become longer and harder. Those who fell back will be on remedial PT running at night and on weekends and maybe at lunch in addition to regular PT until the 1st Sgt says otherwise. Life really sucks for you!

0730-0900 PT ENDS <YES long that go they>

After the dismissal of PT formation you are on cool down time. Shower, clean up, reclean the barracks from the mess you made from showeing and tracking in grass and mudd from PT. Get dressed in your uniform.

1000 Classes or MCI time or just waiting around for the word of what is going to happen.

A few may be put on a working party for Regiment, Battallion or the Company Office where you may be a runner, phone watch, racking dirt, cleaning HQ or even supply helping move or sort or clean.

Classes will be normaly given within the platoon by the squad and fire team leaders. They can be on weapons, ambushes, patrols, navigation, call for fire.

1100/1130 Chow formation
The company forms up to get the word. They are then breifed on what is going on, what will be happened and what to do after chow as well as a status report of what has been accomplished. Then dismissed for chow.

Durring chow you hit the mess hall, the snack shake, the roach coach and a few even sleep or hit the PX or run personal errands that need to be done durring the day.

1300 Noon Formation

Administrative formation to make sure everyone is back from where they have disapeared to durring chow. Any new word is passed.

Weapons are drawn and then they are cleanned.
There may be a few more classes or gun drills/formation immediate action drills

1530 Weapons are turned in and you wait for the word. Maybe a class or study landnav, gunnery, or other things until formation.

1600 Fall out to the company area waiting for formation.

1615/1630 Company Formation:

The CO will address you say "It was a good day we got alot accomplished, we still have alot more to do ......"

1st Sgt will address you with anything he has to say.

Gunnery Sgt

Then you will be dismissed

Then the Platoon Commander and then the Platoon Sgt. Then you are dismissed.

Of course then the Squad Leader may have his thing.

Then you head off for evening chow. Often this is the only time of day that you will go to the Chow Hall.

Evening is spent getting ready for the next day, doing laundry, hitting the base snack shake for soda/beer video games etc, maybe a trip to the base theater, or even going out in town if a freind has a car or you have a car. Other options include reading and listening to music and maybe TV in the company rec room or a buddys room who has a TV and VCR.

Then the night ends and the day is repeated.

The activities are pretty standard. Occasionaly there will be a official class demo from say engineers, maybe a lecture from the Chaplain or SgtMajor asking for money for Navy Releif or something like that. The order of the activities can rotate as well.

Normaly you are expected to fall out 15 minutes prior to the official time of the formation.

And Thursday is a field day. That is where you clean EVERYTHING!!! I mean you clean even the light fixtures Q-Tip clean, remove the plate to electrical outlets Q-tip them everything. And if one person fails the whole company or platoon depending on the CO starts ALL over. I have had field days last until 0400.

So this is what a basic routine day is like
Now you know

Wow that's pretty good considering your just a Marine friend. PT is usually by the platoon and not company. Company PT is usually once a month. I've never had a company formation for chow or gotten any word passed to me before i went to chow either. If your CO, 1st Sgt, or Gunny dismisses you then your Plt, SQD LDR, or fire team ldr can't say crap to you. Your off. If the CO, 1st Sgt, or Gunny says " PLt commanders carry out the plan of the day" then your not dismissed until they say so. And with field day i've never seen an entire company have to reclean the barracks and their rooms. I've only seen two people fail an inspection for that matter and then the squad leaders had to reclean all the rooms themselves. If you have good Marines inspecting your room the night before the company or platoon inspection then you should have nothing to worry about. It's their responsibility to let you stop cleaning when they see that the room is up to standards.

Phantom Blooper
02-09-08, 08:33 AM
Bullshiater where did you get you stats?:evilgrin:

Bullrider
02-09-08, 02:13 PM
Bullshiater where did you get you stats?:evilgrin:

http://forums.*************/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9071945704/m/760102445

The asteriks(Pardon my spelling) are on military . com

Phantom Blooper
02-09-08, 06:47 PM
That is not an accurate website all the time for Marine Corps life,hence the asterisks.

Walk the walk and become a Marine before copying and pasting a schedule you have NO idea about. I have been out quite a few years and while being a grunt I NEVER remember my schedule to be like this in the field or garrison.

Your motivation is there but put it to use with something you know about!:evilgrin: