PDA

View Full Version : Gun Laws

DOC WEB
02-05-08, 07:50 AM
Thought ya'll might like this....I did!\

'Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not.'
~ Thomas Jefferson

FIREARMS REFRESHER COURSE

1. An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.
2. A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.
3. Colt: The original point and click interface.
4. Gun control is not about guns; it's about control.
5. If guns are outlawed, can we use swords?
6. If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.
7. Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.
8. If you don't know your rights, you don't have any.
9. Those who trade liberty for security have neither.
10. The United States Constitution (c)1791. All Rights Reserved.
11. What part of 'shall not be infringed' do you not understand?
12. The 2nd Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others.
13. 64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.
14. Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians.
15. Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.
16. You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.
17. 911: Government sponsored Dial-a-Prayer.
18. Assault is a behavior, not a device.
19. Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.
20. If guns cause crime, then matches cause arson.
21. Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.
22. You have only the rights you are willing to fight for.
23. Enforce the gun control laws we ALREADY have; don't make more.
24. When you remove the people's right to bear arms, you create slaves.
25. The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control.

jetdoc
02-05-08, 08:42 AM
Good stuff.

OLE SARG
02-05-08, 11:33 AM
I BELIEVE ----- I BELIEVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds like a great set of gun rules I could live by!!!!

SEMPER FI,

SGT7477
02-05-08, 11:37 AM
Very good,oohrah.

ggyoung
02-05-08, 01:29 PM
Very good. Now if that was e-mailed by everyone on this site to everyone they know.

jrhd97
02-05-08, 07:21 PM
Good to freakin go! Forgot "if guns cause crime, then spoons made Rosie O'bese fat"

ggyoung
02-06-08, 05:56 PM
I still believe that this should be sent to as many people as can be.

3077India
02-06-08, 06:39 PM
Bet Manymoons would argue against that list since his litigation mindset contends that we don't have a constitutional right to bear arms. :D :p

Waste Land
02-06-08, 11:16 PM
What is the policy for owning weapons if you live on a Marine base once your stationed? Specificlly in the barracks?

3077India
02-08-08, 10:13 PM
10. The United States Constitution (c)1791. All Rights Reserved. Actually the Constitution was ratified in 1788, while the Bill of Rights were ratified in 1791. :p :nerd:

mrbsox
02-09-08, 09:35 AM
I have a tendebcy to watch out for the 2nd ammendment in the news. Getting real leary of the ol' "bait and switch" from the domecraps, coming up.

Looks like they are having trouble getting gun LEGISLATION through, so they are concentrating on AMMO REGULATION. What good is your weapon without ammo.

A little know California bill that requires ammo to be serialized (lazer etched on the case) is going to make it easier to track down the shooter: roflmao

Restrictions on STORAGE of quantities, only buying one box at a time, restrictions on LEAD, ,,,

These are all aimed at controlling the GUN, not gun control. The kicker is that they are making (covert) head way under the guise of the environment and safety.
* too much stored ammo could pose a safety hazzard to kids
* lead is a know 'no-no' in the environment
* Reloading equipment and supplies required federal storage quidelines, since they are EXPLOSIVIVE.

I mention this, just to keep you aware. While we are *****ing about the cost of fuel, the media's spin on Iraq, etc... things are able to get in 'under the wire', if we don't stay on the watch.

mrbsox
02-09-08, 02:51 PM
http://shootingmessengers.blogspot.com/2007/04/california-introduces-ammunition.html

"Guns don't kill people. Bullets kill people."

So says California Assemblyman Kevin de Leon, a Los Angeles Democrat who is now pushing California Assembly Bill 362, a measure to require background checks on anyone wishing to purchase ammunition in the state.

In the wake of last week's murder of 32 people on the campus of Virginia Tech, there has been a renewed discussion and debate over firearms ownership in America. Nationally, the Democratic party has learned the issue of firearms isn't one that can elect a candidate, but the issue can certainly turn a close race against one. Consequently, they are remaining silent on the issue whenever possible, or at least saying that gun control is not really the issue in the acts of mentally deranged people.

Over the past year, the interest in firearms regulation has apparently waned. In fact, it is ammunition and not firearms currently under scrutiny and attack. There have been a number of legislative measures introduced on a state level across the United States. They have ranged from simple regulation of the quantities of ammunition a person could buy to micro-stamping, the serializing each round of ammunition produced.

But in the wake of last week's tragedy, California has re-energized their moves to regulate ammunition. Assemblymande Leon's measure would require background checks on all ammunition purchasers. AB362 would also require that all personal information be collected - and transactions conducted - face-to-face, ending the sale of ammunition by mail. It would also require than retailers store their handgun ammunition behind counters away from customers. Federal law requiring ammunition purchasers present identification was repealed in 1986's Firearms Owners Protection Act, largely because the identification process was found ineffective in reducing crime.

This latest version would require dealers collect - and file with the State Department of Justice the names, addresses, birth dates, signatures, thumbprints and drivers license or identification numbers of all buyers of ammunition, in addition to a description of the ammunition purchased.

Sam Parades, executive director of Gun Owners of California doesn't feel the measure will do all that much to deter criminals. "I don't consider criminals dumb," Paredes says, "They figure ways to get around whatever is thrown at them." Others say it would be a simple measure for anyone not wanting to deal with the hassles to go to Nevada and bring back their ammunition.

Assembly Bill 362 does not require the information be gathered for rifle and shotgun ammunition, nor .22 caliber ammunition. AB 362, however, isn't the only bill either before the Assembly or waiting to become law.

And Assembly Bill 1471 is still lurking out there. This bill, which has already been decried as virtually impossible to implement and totally impractical to enforce, would require that the make, model, and serial number be microstamped onto the interior surface or internal working parts of all handguns in such a manner that those identifiers are imprinted onto the cartridge case upon firing. Per AB1471, handguns that do not include their identifying information would be defined as "unsafe," and their manufacture, sale, and transfer would be a crime.

Microstamping
As was reported in The Outdoor Wire last year, the "microstamping" bill is one which is technologically impossible. Microstamping has been used - successfully - in the electronics and computer circuitry industry to tag components so as to make it possible to identify the manufacturer and other information. The idea of microstamping on firearms, however, is one that totally disregards the simple fact that no technology is either existent or planned to make that microstamping practical. With a microstamp in place on a firing pin (like the example in the photo), it would take very little effort to simply file off the microstamp, using only household tools. Of course, peening, the repetitive hammering of the firing pin on cartridges would also make the microstamp progressively more faint, where a new firing pin would remove the mark completely.

And the always unanswered question is cost. Who would pay the costs for either of these bills? The consumer. Although the discussion is a bit overheated at this point, firearms dealers say these extensive registration processes, if carried out with today's technology (primarily paper) would add as much as $25 to each ammunition transaction.

Fortunately, cooler heads in the California legislature say these regulations are unnecessary. Instead, these legislators oppose any further impositions on law-abiding firearms owners and suggest that stricter enforcement of bans on felons owning firearms would be a better deterrent.

Additionally, small business advocates say the proposed measure would effectively close many "mom-and-pop" businesses.

We'll keep you posted."

Oh the hell with it. Let's just get it over with and start making smart guns that only work for law enforcement and of course politicians.

Posted by Fits at 4/23/2007 07:14:00 AM

SkilletsUSMC
02-09-08, 03:07 PM
I have a tendebcy to watch out for the 2nd ammendment in the news. Getting real leary of the ol' "bait and switch" from the domecraps, coming up.

Looks like they are having trouble getting gun LEGISLATION through, so they are concentrating on AMMO REGULATION. What good is your weapon without ammo.

A little know California bill that requires ammo to be serialized (lazer etched on the case) is going to make it easier to track down the shooter: roflmao

Restrictions on STORAGE of quantities, only buying one box at a time, restrictions on LEAD, ,,,

These are all aimed at controlling the GUN, not gun control. The kicker is that they are making (covert) head way under the guise of the environment and safety.
* too much stored ammo could pose a safety hazzard to kids
* lead is a know 'no-no' in the environment
* Reloading equipment and supplies required federal storage quidelines, since they are EXPLOSIVIVE.

I mention this, just to keep you aware. While we are *****ing about the cost of fuel, the media's spin on Iraq, etc... things are able to get in 'under the wire', if we don't stay on the watch.

Im with you except that gun control is ONLY about people control. If it were just death, then we would all drive 25 MPH wearing football helmets.

OLE SARG
02-09-08, 07:39 PM
Good thing I reload my own ammunition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

jrhd97
02-09-08, 09:45 PM
When are they going to start banning and controlling doctors? They kill more each year than guns.
When will they require background checks and controlling the purchase and consumption of alchohol? Drunk drivers kill more people than guns.

Scottyva
02-10-08, 01:26 AM
Amen to the Rules

Wardey
02-10-08, 07:52 AM
Thank you. GREAT RULES !!! Dave

kabar1
02-10-08, 09:34 AM
i will give up my gun when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.
peace through fire superiority
to all the criminals,bad guys&anybody who tries to destroy MY COUNTRY,MESS WITH THE BEST DIE LIKE THE REST.:evilgrin:

Semper FI,
Kabar1

DWG
02-10-08, 09:51 AM
Gun control is the ability to hit your target!

Ted Kennedy has killed more people than my weapons!