PDA

View Full Version : Getting demoto...

Ketchup
02-04-08, 03:49 PM
I was supposed to ship out two weeks ago, but I was overweight by a pound and they wouldn't sign a waiver(I took a dump after the weigh in and I bet that was the pound; I also dropped about 7lbs in the following week). I waited another week and they had too many shippers so I was on stand-by and later told to go home.

Now I'm going to ship out the 11th or 18th, not sure which.

However, I'm starting get demotivated. I might just be too critical on myself right now, but I have this gut feeling of just pure doubt. I do want to be one of the few and proud and I want to give service to my country(even if most of the citizens problem don't even deserve it) but I just have this sense of supreme doubt.

RYDERKUR
02-04-08, 04:03 PM
Don't worry about it kid, you'll do fine. I can speak for myself and at least a few others I know, that at one point or another, we had a reality check. It will be there, but you'll pull thru. Don't give up! I had something moto to say but it escaped me, maybe I'll remember in a bit.

Brandon1
02-04-08, 04:17 PM
Trust me when I tore my quad, just for that month or so I was losing motivation because I couldnt do anything, I was stuck at home going INSANE. Then I realized it was only temporary and I would be back in the game in a month or so. Stay Moto everything will be fine.

contessojohn
02-04-08, 05:03 PM
Do what I do just watch these two videos with the speakers up and eyes on the screen. Every time I watch these, I freakin want to be in Boot Camp right now! It keeps me with Tons of motivation and makes me work harder towards my goals of becoming a Marine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yGfB9HZTUU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDaREantZmw&feature=related

There kinda similar there made by the same Guy, He also uses a few of the same pictures but the music is good and gets the point across!

Big Jim
02-04-08, 05:32 PM
There kinda similar there made by the same Guy, He also uses a few of the same pictures but the music is good and gets the point across!

Man...is it just me?!?! I tried to watch both vidoes AND understand the music!! This isn't music...ITS FRIKKIN NOISE!!! I couldn't understand a damn word of the lyrics or understand what its even about!! I guess that's when you can tell when you're getting long in the tooth is when the popular music is out of your range of understanding, huh?! Or you just can't understand it...today's youth!!

When I went in we had Metallica and Megadeth and Pantera and Motley Crue and Scorpions and I thought that was heavy metal!! I still listen to it when I lift and like it but this stuff on these vidoes is just loud and annoying!! I DO understand this is the younger generations' music but does have to be so frikkin annoying?!

fs19
02-04-08, 05:54 PM
It's to hard for me, and I'm into the new metal, hardcore, ect. I like to be able to understand at least some of what I'm listening to.

SlingerDun
02-04-08, 06:11 PM
No its not just you Big Jim it's irritating no talent racket. Makes me feel like them are trying to purposely trying to p*** me off with a challenge then i look at the nasty dredges who are playing it and just get disgusted. Every time a man hears that debris makes me wanna slap a grungy hippy kid hehehheeee.

Listening to that triple shot espresso meth noise makes me moto to shoot 4 sure, the tweekers that are spewing it.

Gimme the warrior balladeers of the past that raised the troops ire and call to arms with distinct lyrics and haunting melodies in the classical poetic sense.

--->Dave

sparkie
02-04-08, 06:15 PM
Slinger, no talkin down hippies, now. Some of us were one ;}

SlingerDun
02-04-08, 06:17 PM
Sparkie the hippy heheheheh get the f*ck outta here man. peace out, slinger! hhahahaha

SlingerDun
02-04-08, 06:52 PM
Here's a war ballad with the substance of a profound story. Spot the celebrity waldo ass hole http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kf7mjf8scA

--->Dave

PatriotGirl422
02-04-08, 06:58 PM
I was supposed to ship out two weeks ago, but I was overweight by a pound and they wouldn't sign a waiver(I took a dump after the weigh in and I bet that was the pound; I also dropped about 7lbs in the following week). I waited another week and they had too many shippers so I was on stand-by and later told to go home.

However, I'm starting get demotivated. I might just be too critical on myself right now, but I have this gut feeling of just pure doubt. I do want to be one of the few and proud and I want to give service to my country(even if most of the citizens problem don't even deserve it) but I just have this sense of supreme doubt.

Hey don't get demotivated. You have such a short time to wait, and it's gonna be here before you realize. Believe me, once you get to boot camp, you'll be wishing you were home! Just appreciate the extra time to relax and savor each moment. At least you're going to boot camp, some people who really want to can't because of numerous disqualifications. You shouldn't get so worked up about it. And one thing you're gonna have to learn about being a Marine, is that there's gonna be plenty of demotivating things, but you always gotta stay moto. Boot camp will be your first glimpse of that. But, the moto parts will more than make up for the bad parts. Either way, it will all be worth it once you earn that Title. Just keep your chin up and you'll be there before you know it.

sparkie
02-04-08, 07:12 PM
Slinger,,,, Why you duin that chit to me,,,, Talk some motovation? I gotta go clean up, sumpthin in my eye, Bro.

karstenchu
02-04-08, 07:20 PM
Robert, this is part of the test. Are you gonna quit? Be honest with yourself and buck up. One lb. isn't anything and it has no bearing on you becoming one of The Few. You know this is what you want so don't you dare stop fighting for it.

SlingerDun
02-04-08, 07:25 PM
Notice the differences poolees, you can actually cypher the lyrics and feel the bond of brothers uncles and grandads
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t04wT6GQf6M

jbf101
02-04-08, 07:55 PM

I went to the Poolee function with you last saturday!

Don't give up mate, just try your best and you'll be able to do it.

Covey_Rider
02-04-08, 08:14 PM
Everyone gets nervous before they go. You'll really feel it when you get on the bus...

Ketchup
02-04-08, 09:09 PM
Hah jbf101, I didn't know anyone out of Everett was on here!

Thanks for all the moto, it really helps. I was all set and ready to go but now I'm back in limbo and its just causing all sorts of headache. I think right now I have something like $2 and some change to my name, a now empty room and all sorts of crap I need to buy(mostly PT gear... my sweats and shoes are about to bite the dust).

I really want to do this though and as karstenchu said, it's just a test; I don't like failing tests. =)

karstenchu
02-04-08, 09:26 PM
Good man. You need another kick in the a$$ and we're all right here to keep you going.

jbf101
02-05-08, 08:55 AM
Hah jbf101, I didn't know anyone out of Everett was on here!

Thanks for all the moto, it really helps. I was all set and ready to go but now I'm back in limbo and its just causing all sorts of headache. I think right now I have something like $2 and some change to my name, a now empty room and all sorts of crap I need to buy(mostly PT gear... my sweats and shoes are about to bite the dust).

I really want to do this though and as karstenchu said, it's just a test; I don't like failing tests. =)

I hear ya mate, i moved out of my apartment into my buddies house. So i'm sort of in limbo as well.

As long as your PT gear lasts another week or two it should be fine. They give you everything you need once you arrive.

If you leave on the 11th i imagine we'll be sharing a car ride from Sgt Whitaker.