PDA

View Full Version : Reflections......

SGTBrentG
02-04-08, 12:17 AM
Brothers and Sisters, <br />
<br />
I read this board and some times wonder if I am worthy. Am I really worthy to carrry the title Marine. I read posts from Viet Nam vets, Desert Storm Vets and current Iraq...

davblay
02-04-08, 12:44 AM
Sgt, Thank GOD, Thank GOD, we are not at war all the time. You were just as important to the Corps as anyon else was at the time. You were in support of the troops that were training for our next...

LeonardLawrence
02-04-08, 01:14 AM
Sgt,

This seems to be a reoccuring theme I have come across with Marines. I think part of it is we have such high standards...GYSGT Dan Daley, Sgt John Basilone, Chesty Puller.....how could we ever be worthy. When I was in DEP, the Marines had a god-like status for me...funny how it never conferred itself to me....

You did your part in the chain that stretches 232 years and 500 more....

Sgt Leprechaun
02-04-08, 09:33 AM
Exactly. A Marine is a Marine, period. Some have served in combat, others have not. You SERVED, which is far more than most people in the past 20 years or longer, have done. You played a part in the cold war, in keeping the wolf from the door. Had you been 'called' to do more, you would have done so.

Hold your head high and proud.

FistFu68
02-04-08, 11:32 AM
:usmc: SAEPIUS EXERTUS~SEMPER FIDELIS~FRATER INFINITAS :usmc:

sparkie
02-04-08, 01:52 PM
Yea. It's a sad thing to end up in the wing. LOL

I must have missed the logic about you not being my brother. How do you explain that again? Besides, It's too early for a midlife crisis, you should save up for that one. Make it good.

Seriously, we all doubt our worthiness,,,,,[Especially after marrage] Get over it, Bro. You did good then, and your doing good now.

SgtHopperUSMC
02-04-08, 04:25 PM
Remember?.........&quot;The Few The Proud&quot; Not everyone comes forward to do what we do or did. You are my brother.:flag:

Marine84
02-04-08, 05:34 PM
I must REALLY have a problem then cause I think I'm the BOMB for being in the same club as ya'll!

sparkie
02-04-08, 06:22 PM
You ain't in the same club as "ya'll". 84. It's YOUR club.,,,,,,, And mine. And his. We didn't join a club, We made it.[ ain't braggin ifin it's true]. A club in progress.

PatriotGirl422
02-04-08, 06:47 PM
I have the same conflict myself. I always have the feeling like I should be doing more. I feel guilty for being a Reservist and living a normal life while my brothers and sisters are in harms way everyday. I think about switching to active duty almost everyday, and I really feel unimportant. However, I told an NCO about my feelings, and he told me to never feel unworthy. Even though I'm not doing anything monumental on a day to day basis, the fact that we joined the Marines are are willing to make sacrifices at a moment's notice is a lot more than 99% of the population can say. And even if you peronally haven't done anything to make you feel like you made a difference, just the fact that you are a Marine and are always ready to defend our nation has surely prevented many conflicts in itself.

Besides, if you're not worthy, that would mean that plenty of us are REALLY not worthy. You are all my brothers (and sister!). SEMPER FI!

ssgtt32
02-04-08, 06:54 PM
Brent, MY BROTHER, do not ever think that you have done less! There are certain jobs that need to be done, that no one else can do! I myself was in logistics, I furnished the Beans Bullets and Bandaid's! Did I provide more or less! I don't think so! Because every job in the Corps is important! Hold our head high, and say I Am A UNITED STATES MARINE!

sparkie
02-04-08, 06:56 PM
Bo friggin Bo ho,, Belly up, Marines,,, And grab a beer. You ALL earned it:beer:

I'll choose your foxhole over the civvie pukes any time. SF

Big Jim
02-04-08, 09:55 PM
Bo friggin Bo ho,, Belly up, Marines,,, And grab a beer. You ALL earned it:beer:

I'll choose your foxhole over the civvie pukes any time. SF

DAMN RIGHT!!!!!!!

Marine84
02-05-08, 07:21 PM
I ain't gettin' in a hole with none of ya unless there's bullets flying and IF I have to, I ain't gettin' in with sparkie! I'll come out needing "crazy" papers! And more Zoloft! :p

jrhd97
02-05-08, 07:29 PM
I for one am glad there were MARINES who could shovel papers around puzzle land. If I had to do it, everyone would be in sad shape.

You volunteerded to d osomething the majority of Americans can't or won't. You knowingly signed up ,to be a member of the worlds greatest fraternity, at a time when you could have been called on to pick up a rifle a defend sorry a*@ people like these clowns in Berkley.
You aren't walking around with your hand out looking for entitlements because you served. You just did it. That puts you, and every other Marine many steps above the rest.
Semper Fi!

sparkie
02-05-08, 07:35 PM
84,,,,,,, You know you love me,,,,, Now take your pills, and call me in the morning.

Camper51
02-05-08, 08:39 PM
I ain't gettin' in a hole with none of ya unless there's bullets flying and IF I have to, I ain't gettin' in with sparkie! I'll come out needing "crazy" papers! And more Zoloft! :p

Awwwwwwww Cmon now you can share mine anytime.............