PDA

View Full Version : Games for the boys

Ghengis
02-03-08, 05:05 PM
Just found out that we are getting the superbowl live over here in the UK - as it is on a bit late here and I have to get up for work at 05:30 I will be recording it to see how it turns out

So where's the smart money then chaps - the Patriots or the Giants - I have no preference either way as its not really my game but it would be nice to see the Patriots complete an unbroken run

Goodnight cya later

:beer:

gwladgarwr
02-03-08, 05:21 PM
Just found out that we are getting the superbowl live over here in the UK - as it is on a bit late here and I have to get up for work at 05:30 I will be recording it to see how it turns out

So where's the smart money then chaps - the Patriots or the Giants - I have no preference either way as its not really my game but it would be nice to see the Patriots complete an unbroken run

Goodnight cya later

:beer:

Heya there, RM! (booties they call them, right? can't remember ,<shame on me>.

I'm neutral on the whole thing myself since I don't follow any pro sports, but the bookies are pretty much banking on the Patriots by 3-to-1. The game starts in 15 minutes, so if you have to call your bookie, do it now. I would bet on the Patriots just because of their record this year (but I'm not a gambler, so what do I know?)

I hope they go into overtime, and let the best team win. But, if I had to have a dog in this fight, since my university mascot here in Virginia is the "Patriot", and my name on this site is "gwladgarwr" (Welsh for "patriot", coincidentally, and one I've used for the past ten years online and well before I entered my university), maybe the New England Patriots are the ones to bet on (but officially, I don't care one way or the other.)

Per mare per terram!

Sgt gw:flag:

LeonardLawrence
02-04-08, 02:19 AM
Smart money would be on the Giants....but only because it is hours after the game... bookies aren't going to give you good odds now...

;)

ricky30091
02-05-08, 01:16 PM
My first time at a superbowl party.
I went wearing my England football shirt; done the supporting of the Patriots; ate a lot; drank a lot; cried not a bit!!
Good fun, I'll check out the rules some day..............

Ghengis
02-05-08, 01:28 PM
So both the Patriots and the England Rugby team went down the tubes both of them in the closing stages of the game - both teams just seemed to have switched off, fell apart or just plain gave up!!!

Yours sincerely
Disgusted!!!! (especially at the England teams performance)

:sick: :beer: :cry:

ricky30091
02-07-08, 01:58 PM
It's not the winning but the taking part; yeh right!!!!!!!!!