PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

Ghengis
02-02-08, 04:48 AM
Hello All
Eventually I have found my way here so I thought I would resend my last post here so:

Hello chaps

My name is Jeff (Ghengis) and I am a former Royal Marine Commando - served 22 years leaving in 1993, served all over the place including Northern Ireland and the Falklands War. I was just having a bit of a surf around when I came upon your website so I thought I would introduce myself - as you see I had to register to do that.

I also thought I would share the text of an email a friend of mine sent to me:

Kate Couric of CBS News, while interviewing a Royal Marine Commando Sniper in Afghanistan, asked:

"What do you feel when you shoot a Taliban Fighter?"

The Royal Marine Sniper thought for a moment, shrugged and replied,

" A slight recoil"

Hope you like this

By the way - regards to you Derek nice to see you made a safe landing here with our cousins

Jeff (Ghengis) also known as Gibbo
:thumbup:

Phantom Blooper
02-02-08, 06:05 AM
Welcome from across the sea Marine! Question.....Didn't you find yourself here the other day?

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60187

Semper-Fi!:evilgrin:

Ghengis
02-02-08, 10:38 AM
Yes I did but was unaware there was a specific area for Royal Marine Commando

Still all sorted out now - thanks for the welcome cya

sparkie
02-02-08, 10:44 AM
It may be you are welcome in more forums ' round here than you think.

davblay
02-02-08, 10:52 AM
If jinelson or Shaffer reads this, maybe they will change your status to Marine and you can go anywhere on the site, after all, you are a retired Royal Marine Commando, right?

sparkie
02-02-08, 10:55 AM
Stick around, Brother. We could all use some new stories, Ours are gettin worn out ;}

Ghengis
02-02-08, 11:55 AM
Thanks to all of you for the tremendous welcome
not too much time for chat at the moment as England are playing Wales at Rugby and we is winning 19 points to 9 (Wales just got 3 points fora penalty - yuk) -

To Davblay
That would be good but for now just happy to be here - excuse me got to get back to the game its almost half way through the second half and its a blinder of a game especially as England are in the lead

Cya all:yes:

davblay
02-02-08, 11:59 AM
what was your rank?

sparkie
02-02-08, 12:00 PM
Imagine that, all excited, and it ain't even the superbowl. LOL

davblay
02-02-08, 12:01 PM
Imagine that, all excited, and it ain't even the superbowl. LOL

I guess it is for them! LOL

bootlace15
02-02-08, 12:35 PM
The math don't add up Marines.................

bootlace15 out

Ghengis
02-02-08, 01:25 PM
It is my sad duty to report that someone cast a spell on the England Rugby Team and changed them from an agressive attacking and winning side into a bunch of unmentionables who went from a winning score of England 16 Wales 3 to a losing score of England 19 Wales 26.

At present I am changing into my black shirt, suit and tie and pouring myself a large (very) single malt whisky from my reserve bottle of Teaninch (27 years old). This will be followed by chasers of Rum, Plymouth Gin and Polish Vodka my daughter brought me back from her recent holiday in Krackow.

This may seem as if I am drowning my sorrows but really I just get smashed out of my brain once in a while so there is at least one morning in the week when I awake and know that I will get better.

Emotionally any National Rugby game especially against Wales is very different to your superbowl in addition to the other obvious differences within the games themselves.

Still not to worry there will be other games, the Rugby World Cup is not too far away when we may have a chance to get our revenge.

Never say die!! - and as you chaps would say Semper Fi

:yes:

Ghengis
02-02-08, 01:32 PM
For Sparkie

> Three strangers strike up a conversation in the airport
> passenger lounge in Calgary Alberta, while awaiting their
> respective flights. One is an American Indian passing through
> from Lame Deer. Another is a Cowboy on his way to Lethbridge
> for a livestock show. The third passenger is a fundamentalist
> Arab student, newly arrived at the University of Calgary from
> the Middle East.
>
> Their discussion drifts to their diverse cultures. Soon, the
> two Westerners learn that the Arab is a devout, radical Muslim
> and the conversation falls into an uneasy lull.
>
> The cowboy leans back in his chair, crosses his boots on a
> magazine table and tips his big sweat-stained hat forward over
> his face. The wind outside is blowing tumbleweeds around, and
> the old windsock is flapping; but still no plane comes.
>
> Finally, the American Indian clears his throat and softly he
> speaks, "At one time here, my people were many, but sadly, now
> we are few."
>
> The Muslim student raises an eyebrow and leans
> forward, "Once my people were few," he sneers, "and now we are
> many. Why do you suppose that is?"
>
> The Alberta cowboy shifts his toothpick to one side of his
> mouth and from the darkness beneath his Stetson says in a
> smooth drawl, "That's 'cause we ain't played Cowboys and
> Muslims yet, but I do believe it's a-comin'."

Apologies if you have heard it before

sand sailor
04-16-08, 08:19 AM
I've got to toss in a grenade to stir this pot.

Back in the day, Diego Garcia had USMC security companies rotate through on a six month rotation. As I was deploying there for deployments my self ond out of sync with the Marines, I witnessed this several times.

Since Diego Garcia is part of the British Indian Ocean Territories, therre are Brits there to administer things. Back then, the Brits kept two or three Royal Marines on the island as "fitness instructors."

The RMs knew the USMC rotation cycle as well as anybody. The first night the new company was on Dodge, the RM's would be at the bar of the Expat Club wearing t-shirts that were marked with RM. Sooner or later, a new Marine would go ask what RM stood for.

The reply, which ALWAYS started a brawl the two RMs won, was "RM stands for Real Marine."

steve evans
04-27-08, 12:02 PM
It is my sad duty to report that someone cast a spell on the England Rugby Team and changed them from an agressive attacking and winning side into a bunch of unmentionables who went from a winning score of England 16 Wales 3 to a losing score of England 19 Wales 26.

At present I am changing into my black shirt, suit and tie and pouring myself a large (very) single malt whisky from my reserve bottle of Teaninch (27 years old). This will be followed by chasers of Rum, Plymouth Gin and Polish Vodka my daughter brought me back from her recent holiday in Krackow.

This may seem as if I am drowning my sorrows but really I just get smashed out of my brain once in a while so there is at least one morning in the week when I awake and know that I will get better.

Emotionally any National Rugby game especially against Wales is very different to your superbowl in addition to the other obvious differences within the games themselves.

Still not to worry there will be other games, the Rugby World Cup is not too far away when we may have a chance to get our revenge.

Never say die!! - and as you chaps would say Semper Fi

:yes:

Won over £500 quid when "MY" team won! Eat **** all you England supporters! Wales, Sheep, Oggin.

Steve EVANS

Rob Parry
04-28-08, 03:14 PM
Sand Sailor, there are a few good T shirt motifs being produced over here.
On the front of one, coloured Maroon (same as the Airborne Beret), is a huge pair of Airborne wings. Beneath it states, "God is Airborne."
On the Reverse it states, "He failed the Commando Course." Always a good way to strike up a relationship. :D :D

bucksgted
04-28-08, 04:59 PM
Sand Sailor, there are a few good T shirt motifs being produced over here.
On the front of one, coloured Maroon (same as the Airborne Beret), is a huge pair of Airborne wings. Beneath it states, "God is Airborne."
On the Reverse it states, "He failed the Commando Course." Always a good way to strike up a relationship. :D :D
Now that's fuunnnyyyy!!!!!!!

Ed