PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about Graduating early

Lickdem89
02-02-08, 12:31 AM
Been thinking about Graduating high school 3-4 months early and just go to Bootcamp. School is so easy its sad and where i live theres nothing to do and just really bored and want to go and start it all.

skaterjon89
02-02-08, 01:28 AM
In all honestly I would say just stick out the months, h.s. is something you hate, want to leave, but in the end sometimes you wish you were still there no matter how much you deny it... Go create memories...

USMC90
02-02-08, 02:08 AM
In all honestly I would say just stick out the months, h.s. is something you hate, want to leave, but in the end sometimes you wish you were still there no matter how much you deny it... Go create memories...
You're 100% correct. I wish I wouldn't have left HS not only becuase it will affect me in the long run, but I made alot of great memories there.

davblay
02-02-08, 02:18 AM
Been thinking about Graduating high school 3-4 months early and just go to Bootcamp. School is so easy its sad and where i live theres nothing to do and just really bored and want to go and start it all.
The are a few things in life we always remember! The first day of school, the first kiss, the first date, the first sex, the High School Prom, the High School Graduation! Yep there are memories to be made there in High School! I'd say stay there and go thru the routine for the next few months, make some good memories, enjoy your life with your friends and family, because when you step on those yellow foot prints, there is no turning back! Life, as you know it, is over at that point and you can't get it back! Enjoy being a kid as long as you can!

If you are bored, become a tutor, I am sure some of your classmates ain't as bored as you are!

Good Luck,

Dave

skaterjon89
02-02-08, 03:52 AM
School was getting quite lame towards the end of the year, to me it was a joke, it seemed to be to easy and everything, but just stick it out like I said before. Yah, maybe tutor some kids, I never actually understood why teachers are happy when there kids succeed until today actually.

I'm the RSS tutor :\ and this kid I have been tutoring for like 3 days now got his EST score up to a 55 from a 30, when he finished the test I thought what a great job he did and how I helped out...

Although the kid before him I really don't like, I don't even think he wants to be a Marine, I think he is just doing it because his ex-gf is and he can't have her better then him... This kid is annoying, doesn't try, texts when I'm explaining things, plays with his pencil, and then when he takes that EST test or whatever he just sits there not using his paper thinking he is some mother f'ing einstein (even he had to use paper) and b!tches and whines when he gets his 30... Me and my recruiter both checked this kid and he is a 21yr. old idiot who can't do 1-pull up 13:21 1 1/2 mile and 36 situps, kid doesn't even listen when I tell him what to do to get his scores up...

sorry about all that, i guess I just needed a little venting...

anyways, tutor it is enjoyable when you get a willing kid, I have gained so much more respect for teachers since today...

Lickdem89
02-02-08, 12:02 PM
I've actually be tutoring my friend who wants to join he is so I dont know i dont wanna say stupid cause he is my friend but he is stupid first time he took the asvab his score was 17 second time 13 i mean wow so i started tutoring him and he took the asvab at school which is a written instead of computer and we are waiting for the score he better pass its so easy!

Wyoming
02-02-08, 12:23 PM
I've actually be tutoring my friend who wants to join he is so I dont know i dont wanna say stupid cause he is my friend but he is stupid first time he took the asvab his score was 17 second time 13 i mean wow so i started tutoring him and he took the asvab at school which is a written instead of computer and we are waiting for the score he better pass its so easy!

WTF did this say!!!!

sparkie
02-02-08, 12:28 PM
Bust it down to sentences if possible,Al. mebbie it will make some sense for ya. I threw in some caps and periods, and got through ok.LOL

sparkie
02-02-08, 12:38 PM
I have an idea for you Lick, Maybe you have enough time left to try Englisk 1 again. Can't hurt. ROF

Lickdem89
02-02-08, 12:41 PM
Sorry I was In a hurry.I've been tutoring my friend who wants to join. He is quite possibly the stupidest person EVER! He has taken the Asvab 3 times gotten a 17 on the first Asvab, a 13 on the second test and the third one we are waiting for the results.

sparkie
02-02-08, 12:44 PM
Knew you had it in ya,,,,, just kiddin. See, you do have a place staying in school. Helping out is a good thing.

crazymjb
02-02-08, 12:48 PM
Hey, we had a 3, 7, 10...

Some people do test poorly, and some aren't too school smart, that doesn't neccessarily translate into them being a bad Marine, though I don't think being bright ever hurt (although the evil meps doc told me I thought I was smarter than him and he knows my type, and started yelling at me because didn't hear him say not to fill something out. All those great army kids said we saw you doing it and we knew it was gonna be bad, thanks jerks).

I took the ASVAB in school, and it was a much more relaxed environment so I can see how it would be helpful.

Graduating early would be tempting only because we have an english project I haven't started. Besides that, the rest of the year is smooth sailing.

Mike

Lickdem89
02-02-08, 12:49 PM
He better pass it. I have been helping him for a couple months and he has a problem with the math, which in my mind is the easiest part. But he did say that the written test that he took was easier than the computer one so hopefully he passed.

Ub3rmike
02-02-08, 02:18 PM
I'd stick with high school. Being in the DEP for about 5 months, and going to spend a total of 9-10 months in DEP, hitting the middle checkpoint has taught me to appreciate the relaxed life while you still can. I'd also just stick in high school until the end just out of principle. I, just like you, hate high school (hating high school and doing exceedingly well in high school are not mutually exclusive things mind you). I too am the RSS tutor, and I've really come to appreciate the ease which academics comes to me. But if anything, school is worth it for the oppertunities for social networking which may help you out in the future.

Also, being able to tolerate school will prove you have the resolve to deal with other challenges in future. Just as Colonel Chase (former commander of OCS) said, "...quitting becomes endemic, you quit once, you'll quit again, and we can't tolerate that in the Marines."

Phantom Blooper
02-02-08, 02:51 PM
Stay in school to term.

Go to the prom.

Graduate with your class.

Walk across the stage with everyone else.

Party...

Get laid....

Leave for bootcamp.....

So I don't have to read the headlines," Former Student From Lincoln High Wants To Wear Marine Uniform To Get Diploma,Liberal School Board Refuses."

And we get into another 5 page debate on the proper ethics and procedures.

Take shop classes to kill the time....amazing things could happen in study halls also.:banana:

:evilgrin:

sparkie
02-02-08, 02:54 PM
Studyhalls? I don't think they shoot spitballs under skirts any more. That was study hall.

jfweeden
02-02-08, 03:46 PM
In my opinion it's your choice. I am graduateing early because my last semester would be made up joke classes. So i agree with you. Do it. Plus, if you leave for boot and come back before all your friends graduate, you can go see them and rub it in there face that your a Marine.

Phantom Blooper
02-02-08, 05:48 PM
jfweeden,

You need to stay in school also and take some of those joke classes in spelling and capitalization. Instead of graduateing early!

:evilgrin:

jfweeden
02-02-08, 06:14 PM
Haha, thanks but school isn't for me. Im not dumb though i could go to college if i wanted to, but i'd prolly drink my way out. Yeah, english hasn't been strongest point. I just want to get down to those footprints as fast possible and start trying to become a Marine.

Lickdem89
02-02-08, 08:41 PM
Alright I'll wait School out ill just continue working out and learning my General Orders and History.

Wyoming
02-02-08, 08:53 PM
The Boss wrote this in '06.

Doesn't it apply anymore?

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28989

Thanks Justin!!

davblay
02-02-08, 11:28 PM
In my opinion it's your choice. I am graduateing early because my last semester would be made up joke classes. So i agree with you. Do it. Plus, if you leave for boot and come back before all your friends graduate, you can go see them and rub it in there face that your a Marine.

Trust me on this one Buddy, I hated school and quite early to go into the Corps. I was home when my class graduated. It ain't the same...not when you are wearing that uniform and you realize that your classmates are still children!

Dave

skaterjon89
02-03-08, 01:46 AM
I'm only 18 but I realized adolescence comes quick and leaves quicker, and you can never get it back.

Phantom Blooper
02-03-08, 05:09 AM
I'm only 18 but I realized adolescence comes quick and leaves quicker, and you can never get it back.

Yep, like I said on another Marine post.....

"Oh the joys of being young.....when the dreams were wet and the farts were dry!":beer:

Good choice...... the Marine Corps will come soon enough.....school could potentially be a bore or a pain in the azz......but cherish the memories!:evilgrin:

249gunner
02-03-08, 06:51 AM
Seriously, stay in school, make some damn memories of your childhood with your friends.
Cause as soon as that bus stops at the yellow footprints, its business time.

More time to get stronger!

Lickdem89
02-03-08, 12:19 PM
Alright I stay. Thanks everyone.

KevinR90
02-03-08, 05:15 PM
Hey, we had a 3, 7, 10...

Some people do test poorly, and some aren't too school smart, that doesn't neccessarily translate into them being a bad Marine, though I don't think being bright ever hurt (although the evil meps doc told me I thought I was smarter than him and he knows my type, and started yelling at me because didn't hear him say not to fill something out. All those great army kids said we saw you doing it and we knew it was gonna be bad, thanks jerks).

I took the ASVAB in school, and it was a much more relaxed environment so I can see how it would be helpful.

Graduating early would be tempting only because we have an english project I haven't started. Besides that, the rest of the year is smooth sailing.

Mike

Those are some pretty horrible test scores. When I took it the first time it was actually the pre-test. I took it on a pc at my recruiter's office and got a 78- he says your score goes up on the real thing, which mine did- to an 89. My friend just took the pre-test and got a freakin' 90- imagine what he's going to do with the real thing (if he joins).